• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2017 at 8:28 PM, Knight of God said:

I absolutely love Watts. He’s tough, physical and instinctual 

what sets him apart from our current FS is not only his instincts, but the fact he can lay the wood.

one thing folks forget about Earl Thomas is not only can he cover he can lower the boom. I figure Watts will get downgraded a bit because of lack of long speed. But he’s easily as fast as Rico, so I don’t see that as a deterrent.

love him in second round

6 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I absolutely love Watts. He’s tough, physical and instinctual 

what sets him apart from our current FS is not only his instincts, but the fact he can lay the wood.

one thing folks forget about Earl Thomas is not only can he cover he can lower the boom. I figure Watts will get downgraded a bit because of lack of long speed. But he’s easily as fast as Rico, so I don’t see that as a deterrent.

love him in second round

Music to my ears. I agree with the speed thing. No problem. This kid makes GAME CHANGING PLAYS. That's what's so unique about him. He blocks punts and field goals, knocks down passes, intercepts passes, and causes fumbles. I've never seen a guy like him before. I will be very disappointed if Atlanta does not get this guy!

On 1/25/2018 at 0:51 PM, Smiler11 said:

Heard he may run a 4.7 forty. I know speed isn't everything but just wondering if that would change anyones opinion of him. 

That seems awfully slow compared to his game speed. Guess we’ll find out at combine time. I’m thinking 4.5

8 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

That seems awfully slow compared to his game speed. Guess we’ll find out at combine time. I’m thinking 4.5

I think he plays faster, but even coming out of highschool he was labeled a limited athlete. We'll see, but I think he'll end up playing SS in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think he plays faster, but even coming out of highschool he was labeled a limited athlete. We'll see, but I think he'll end up playing SS in the NFL.

He’s got better ball skills and instincts than rico day one. He’s a combo safety. But in our scheme he’d be a FS

A guy no one is talking about is Jeremy Reaves the FS from South Alabama. I don't know if we're looking at FS with Rico and Kazee in the fold, but this kid would be a great fit as a single high in either cover 1 or 3.

Of all the safeties at the senior bowl he stood out the most to me.