Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MayorWest13

December 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

1,562 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

I won’t believe Hill to UGA until the LOI is in.

Only 3 non-Auburn writers have him going still to the Barn (1 ND and 2 TX writers)

2 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Only 3 non-Auburn writers have him going still to the Barn (1 ND and 2 TX writers)

When they lose Keith, they have nearly lost any hope. I'm still stunned... I have to imagine this means we don't land Mays, but even that's no guarantee at this point with this staff. 

95Dawg likes this

3 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

When they lose Keith, they have nearly lost any hope. I'm still stunned... I have to imagine this means we don't land Mays, but even that's no guarantee at this point with this staff. 

We are so stacked on the interior, would rather have Cade Mays than Trey Hill #richfolkproblems

8 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Simply think he is saying if Trey Hill puts on the G-cap tonight that AU will still recruit him all the way to December 20th - it ain’t over till it’s over.

6 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

i assume we lose mays too, but they would be playing different positions anyway.  Mays would still be a take, but he seems clemson bound.

g-dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We are so stacked on the interior, would rather have Cade Mays than Trey Hill #richfolkproblems

Oh I know they will keep recruiting just as we have others also.

Just not sure they will get him if he commits to the G tonight.  In recruiting anything can happen but if we get a commit this late in the game I'm not sure we lose them.

trying to remember when/if we've had a player commit in December then lose them?

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Kipp has now CBed Cox to UGA.  Jake has too now.

Just waiting on what Rusty does.

Does UGA have its on version of “Pat Dye’s Cabin”?  

How is this recruiting success so dominant?  If Larry Munson were here(DGD), he would say “My Gawd Almighty, a bunch of Five-Star Freshmen!”

fibonaccisquared and 95Dawg like this

Is UGA going to pull offers from early commitments that are not as talented?

would hate to see that but we could run out of space soon.

16 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Where Hill goes to school has no bearing on Mays. Mays could very well pick Clemson but it won’t have anything to do with Trey Hill if he does. 

g-dawg likes this

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't know whether you'll see us outright "pull offers"... but I can assure you that we're going to be honest with guys as well. Here's the situation with who is on the roster and coming back, here are the guys we've also accepted commitments from... how do you feel about your chances to make the 2 deep? Also, guys see this on their own and sometimes communicate to the staff that they may want to look around... it's a two way street and one of the few upsides to this early signing period is it lets both sides have access to more info regarding who is coming and who isn't... then round out the class in phase 2 of NSD.

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Some reliable people have been hinting that 2 or 3 spots could open themselves up mostly from academic concerns. With a hard 25 limit, coaches seem less willing to roll the dice on guys who are borderline qualifiers. 

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Where Hill goes to school has no bearing on Mays. Mays could very well pick Clemson but it won’t have anything to do with Trey Hill if he does. 

Agreed - would have more to do with Andrew Thomas starting at RT as a Freshman and Isaiah Wilson redshirting as a LT and still a Freshman.

95Dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Was thinking less about Hill having direct bearing on Mays, and more on just outright number of OL spots we'd be able to accept commitments from.

Carter likes this

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Some reliable people have been hinting that 2 or 3 spots could open themselves up mostly from academic concerns. With a hard 25 limit, coaches seem less willing to roll the dice on guys who are borderline qualifiers. 

Any idea who the guys are that might not qualify?

3 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Was thinking less about Hill having direct bearing on Mays, and more on just outright number of OL spots we'd be able to accept commitments from.

Mays is a take regardless of numbers.

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

Mays is a take regardless of numbers.

I mean... I get it... but right now that would make a possible 2018 OL class of:

Salyer, Mays, Hill, Ericson, Condon

20% of our available commits in 2018, coupled with Wilson, Thomas, Johnson, Shaffer in 2017, that's 9/50 additions (would be one more if Demere hadn't had his incident).

2 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I mean... I get it... but right now that would make a possible 2018 OL class of:

20% of our available commits in 2018, coupled with Wilson, Thomas, Johnson, Shaffer in 2017, that's 9/50 additions (would be one more if Demere hadn't had his incident).

Which would be fine, especially if you could redshirt all of them, minus salyer and maybe ericson.

4 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

That whole room needed a complete makeover and he's done it in two classes. Some of these guys will leave as well so all you do is keep stacking talent and then sort it out once you have it. OL and DL are two spots where you can never have enough of it.

17 minutes ago, Ransack said:

That whole room needed a complete makeover and he's done it in two classes. Some of these guys will leave as well so all you do is keep stacking talent and then sort it out once you have it. OL and DL are two spots where you can never have enough of it.

That's definitely fair. A little harder now to just stack and stack with the hard limit at 25/year, but I'll trust the staff to figure out the right balance.