Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MayorWest13

December 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

561 posts in this topic

Kirby and our staff are visiting guys today and throughout the week and man do they have some more ammunition.. lol . i love it. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby and our staff are visiting guys today and throughout the week and man do they have some more ammunition.. lol . i love it. 

AridMessyHornedviper.gif

m2Falcons likes this

48 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Folks need to get ready because every bit of negative recruiting that's been aimed at UGA the past year got blown to pieces last night.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yesterday was a 3.5 hour recruiting video.   Should be able to carry momentum thru Dec 20 early signing period.

Just hope Jake’s stellar performance did not scare off Justin Fields.

Hope it doesn’t happen, but Fields may head to UF if Fromm plays well in the playoffs and brings us a National Championship.  It will be similar to Tua & Hurts...Tua probably the better qb but Hurts won’t be unseated.  That means Tua sits until his senior year (Shockley/Greene situation).  I can’t see Fields wanting a similar fate.

As an aside, rumor has it Tua is transferring.  If Eason transfers as well, there will be some great free agent quarterbacks available.  Maybe Shea Patterson as well.

Edited by Falconsin2012

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Hope it doesn’t happen, but Fields may head to UF if Fromm plays well in the playoffs and brings us a National Championship.  It will be similar to Tua & Hurts...Tua probably the better qb but Hurts won’t be unseated.  That means Tua sits until his senior year (Shockley/Greene situation).  I can’t see Fields wanting a similar fate.

Fields is not leaving the state.

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Hope it doesn’t happen, but Fields may head to UF if Fromm plays well in the playoffs and brings us a National Championship.  It will be similar to Tua & Hurts...Tua probably the better qb but Hurts won’t be unseated.  That means Tua sits until his senior year (Shockley/Greene situation).  I can’t see Fields wanting a similar fate.

Red Shirt gets him two seasons; if Fromm leaves a year early for NFL then Fields gets two seasons, three with a Red Shirt.

Just now, m2Falcons said:

Red Shirt gets him two seasons; if Fromm leaves a year early for NFL then Fields gets two seasons, three with a Red Shirt.

Fields will not be reshirting

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Assuming Eason transfers, Fields would be the only viable backup.  And Fromm is not a leave early NFL talent.  

Edited by Falconsin2012

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Anything is possible...  up until it isn’t.

not at all likely i know. 

9 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Fromm isn't an NFL qb.

8 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Fromm isn't an NFL qb.

The kid just went 12-1 as an 18 year old playing against college/NFL ready opponents. He helped win an SEC championship to a team that had no life before this past year. I think he’s written a pretty impressive resume for his NFL career 

3 minutes ago, Ga_spider said:

The kid just went 12-1 as an 18 year old playing against college/NFL ready opponents. He helped win an SEC championship to a team that had no life before this past year. I think he’s written a pretty impressive resume for his NFL career 

I think he'll be a really good college qb and he's very poised for a freshman but he's not an NFL qb. He might get drafted but he's not leaving early. 

1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

Ultimately I don't care.

I want a UGA QB that wins.

I LOVE UGA. The pros are all second place to me.

So to me Fromm has everything I care about. Just keep putting up Ws. 

This all day long.  Give me the best college qb, not the guy who fits the nfl mold.  

95Dawg likes this

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Hilarious how many are still pulling this Fromm isn't this or that crap.. He's a winner.. Nuff said 

Yep

3 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Ultimately I don't care.

I want a UGA QB that wins.

I LOVE UGA. The pros are all second place to me.

So to me Fromm has everything I care about. Just keep putting up Ws. 

I agree, the NFL is a different game. Murray, Greene, Shockley and plenty of guys from other schools were great college players and I don't care that their abilities didn't match what NFL GM's are looking for. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. I don't think Kirby will have the luxury of redshirting Fields. Having too many good qb's is a good problem to have. 

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

From what I've heard, they're going to mix in distinct packages for him. Losing Chubb and Michel and the injury to White means that Fields could play an even bigger role in this offense.

m2Falcons likes this