So the train horn is a stadium thing and not a Falcon thibg

Sun Tzu 7

Auburn just scored and they blew the train horn...

If you didn’t like the horn before that’s not going to help.

If they want to start a new tradition it would help if they only did it for the Falcons.  Lame.  I agree the train horn should be scrapped.  I thought it was supposed to be an Atlanta thing but that clearly isn’t the case....

Do they fire the cannons in Tampa if someone scores during a college game?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If they want to start a new tradition it would help if they only did it for the Falcons.  Lame.  I agree the train horn should be scrapped.  I thought it was supposed to be an Atlanta thing but that clearly isn’t the case....

they're blowing it for both teams scores. I guess it's just the home team in the NFL but a college game it's both teams? 

19 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

No, no, I meant it as Talk About Train Horns.

In all seriousness*, look out for the new Train Horn forum coming soon.

*not actually serious

Lol, sorry ,I interpreted as talk about the horn

A whole forum about horns!!! 

Train horns would OBVIOUSLY be the first thread,but then the possibilities are endless!

Cars,trucks,boats,rvs,bus horns,air horns,lol

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The train horn is an atlanta thing. Atlanta, mainly the Atlantic station area, was a train yard. Atlanta was called terminus before it’s current name and that’s what the whole train thing is about. 

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I live in dalton, Ga, a train town. If you go to a bar downtown, you just have to shut up for 5 mins every half hour when a train comes through at 5 m.p.h. I can't stand the friggin train horn. I live miles away from the tracks but sometimes still get woke up from the ridiculously loud train horns that blow 1,000 times. Not sure why your getting flamed, because their should definitely be something exclusive for our Falcons when they score. I like the old falcons screech. I personally would LOVE that cheesy car horn that plays the first line from "Dixie". I've never been to a Hawks game or keep up with NBA but is there a noise played after a 3- point basket? If so I'd love to hear it after field goals. You can't use the horn for everything. 

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

The train horn is an atlanta thing. Atlanta, mainly the Atlantic station area, was a train yard. Atlanta was called terminus before it’s current name and that’s what the whole train thing is about. 

Doesn't terminus mean turnabout? I believe the main north-south track stopped at Atlanta (or Terminus) at one time. I wonder how many people caught the Terminus "safe zone" on the Walking Dead.

2 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Another train horn thread? Awesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=4160871

This is a little different.

Before this day I didn’t realize they blow the horn anytime any team scores a TD unless they’re playing the Falcons.

I thought it was something unique for Atlanta teams but that’s clearly not the case.

I thought they were trying to build a tradition but they just sound the horn.  I guess the sane thing will happen in a Bowl game,  national championship & Super Bowl.  It cheapens it for me.

25 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Doesn't terminus mean turnabout? I believe the main north-south track stopped at Atlanta (or Terminus) at one time. I wonder how many people caught the Terminus "safe zone" on the Walking Dead.

Yep. I was gonna mention it being in walking dead but you’re right about Terminis. That’s why the train horn has significance at games. 

47 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This is a little different.

Before this day I didn’t realize they blow the horn anytime any team scores a TD unless they’re playing the Falcons.

I thought it was something unique for Atlanta teams but that’s clearly not the case.

I thought they were trying to build a tradition but they just sound the horn.  I guess the sane thing will happen in a Bowl game,  national championship & Super Bowl.  It cheapens it for me.

I was just taking the cheap shot at you but honestly I don't get the obsession.

If the fans aren't involved I don't understand why so many people seem to take issue with it. The Tomahawk chop for example means a little something to me but even it can be tied to us stealing it from somewhere else.

Just not something I really care enough about to complain about at the end of the day though.