Brian Poole Downgraded

DMT11

Found it.

https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/937002227406901250

Falcons say nickelback Brian Poole downgraded to questionable for Vikings with back injury. Poole looked stiff while practicing Friday but initially cleared to play. If he can't go Sunday, look for free safety Ricardo Allen to step in at nickel again... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40011155-4 

Edited by MisterC

Can't believe we'll actually be trusting a guy who was smoked by 3rd stringers during preseason in Goodwin to match up against Diggs or Thielen. 

The Falcons simply didn't play this one well and should have brought in a corner and dropped the recent LSU pickup at running back now that Freeman is back. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Can't believe we'll actually be trusting a guy who was smoked by 3rd stringers during preseason in Goodwin to match up against Diggs or Thielen. 

The Falcons simply didn't play this one well and should have brought in a corner and dropped the recent LSU pickup at running back now that Freeman is back. 

I don’t count pre season so much in the fact that communication is bad with 3rd stringers. Playing in the lineup with starters the communication is much better and won’t be as bad for Goodwin. Plus it’ll help that he’s 6’4. His height alone may make Keenum hold the ball because the window is tighter. Cover 3 is not that hard of a coverage to understand. All Goodwin has to do is play his technique and not let anything get behind him. There will be underneath catches cause that’s what cover 3 allows. My worry is Kazee at FS. Will he defend the seams like Allen does or will Keemun out chess him? I don’t think it’ll be as bad as you think. If kazee plays the seam well you may see a few picks from him if he helps Goodwin over the top. 

14 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

May see Vick rush a lot more this week if RIley is back full - I dont know lots to toss up here, we will probably be doing some different things on def line this game to try and help

We won’t change the way we play. We’re  gonna stop the run and stunt and get after the qb and play cover 3 and cover 1 on the backend. It doesn’t change. That’s why you draft certain type of players so you don’t have to change anything when you lose a player. 

Have some faith guys..

We are the Top team in terms of sacks in the NFC or 2nd. We will put a lot of pressure on Keenum and he will be tested. 

The Falcons offense needs to implement long drives that could kill time and make their defense tired. This way you put less pressure on the defense. 

Keenum is no Breeze, Brady or AR. He is an average QB. We can get to him causing sacks and turnovers. We need the stadium to be loud.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

if he doesnt play then minnesota will put up big numbers . The DL may feel like the pressure is all on them therefore making a few mistakes. I dont really see us stopping their run game.

I don’t see them running on us like that. I don’t think the dline will press they’ll just play like business as usual. But we know they’re a heavy play action team so the run will be emphasized. 

4 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Have some faith guys..

We are the Top team in terms of sacks in the NFC or 2nd. We will put a lot of pressure on Keenum and he will be tested. 

The Falcons offense needs to implement long drives that could kill time and make their defense tired. This way you put less pressure on the defense. 

Keenum is no Breeze, Brady or AR. He is an average QB. We can get to him causing sacks and turnovers. We need the stadium to be loud.

you forget some fans are still not coming to games, so they dont need to worry about the crowd. Focus on playing minneosta. 

Keenum is actually a good qb, his passer rating is either, above brady or second to his i think .

Edited by caponine