Obama helped bring freedom to Black Libyans

Forever Julian

People laughed on here for years when I talked about not wanting Gadaffi gone. I said this would happen. I speak Arabic. The love of my life is Arabic, and I came out of an Arab woman. I knew how they were going to treat Black Africans when someone like Gadaffi isnt around to stop them by force. Thanks a lot though Hillary, cackling like a witch.

Hope it was worth it for them. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WalkingTheDawg said:

So, if someone doesn't believe everything that CNN says, they're responsible for slavery?

Because when people say the president's words can have very serious  real life consequences this is what we're talking about 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/28/libya-slave-trade-cnn-report-trump-fake-news

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Because when people say the president's words can have very serious  real life consequences this is what we're talking about 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/28/libya-slave-trade-cnn-report-trump-fake-news

So, again, since CNN is a joke of a media outlet, anyone who doesn't believe everything they say is responsible for slavery? I completely understand that Trump is a clown but he didn't create the situation in Lybia and he didn't make CNN try to create the news instead of reporting it. I have very little faith in CNN. Does that mean this is my fault? Is it possible that our ridiculous and intrusive foreign policy over the last 70 years could be more at fault for this than Trump or people that don't trust CNN?

6 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

So, again, since CNN is a joke of a media outlet, anyone who doesn't believe everything they say is responsible for slavery? I completely understand that Trump is a clown but he didn't create the situation in Lybia and he didn't make CNN try to create the news instead of reporting it. I have very little faith in CNN. Does that mean this is my fault? Is it possible that our ridiculous and intrusive foreign policy over the last 70 years could be more at fault for this than Trump or people that don't trust CNN?

Trump Is not the cause for Libyan slavery. However his words thrown out with almost no care, justification or nuance beyond rightwing red meat ARE being used in this case as its chief defense to undercut and delay the investigation. 

This is the argument against the defense of Trump that his tweets while rude and borish, are ultimately harmless.  In fact this is only the latest example

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Trump Is not the cause for Libyan slavery. However his words thrown out with almost no care, justification or nuance beyond rightwing red meat ARE being used in this case as its chief defense. 

This is the argument against the defense of Trump that his tweets while rude and borish, are ultimately harmless.  In fact this is only the latest example

Come on, man, CNN is a joke. It's not a secret. The fact that Trump called CNN "fake news" has nothing to do with any of this. Libyan slave traders can lie all they want but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Maybe if CNN didn't have such a long and documented history of just blatantly making **** up, people would be more apt to believe them. I know there is a rather large swath of the population that wants to make everything Trump's fault, but this isn't on him. Don't worry, though, there are plenty of things coming down the pipe for which he will actually be resposible. All of the finger pointers will be able to foam at the mouth with righteous indignation in no time. 

9 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Come on, man, CNN is a joke. It's not a secret. The fact that Trump called CNN "fake news" has nothing to do with any of this. Libyan slave traders can lie all they want but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Maybe if CNN didn't have such a long and documented history of just blatantly making **** up, people would be more apt to believe them. I know there is a rather large swath of the population that wants to make everything Trump's fault, but this isn't on him. Don't worry, though, there are plenty of things coming down the pipe for which he will actually be resposible. All of the finger pointers will be able to foam at the mouth with righteous indignation in no time. 

Trumps OWN words are being used by the Libyan state media in an attempt to delay the investigation while they start making evidence disappear, I don't understand what you don't get about that. There could have been any number of defensive moves these monsters could have tried instead but I know thier first reactive defense should NEVER come from our own president's playbook (a position that even still after all that's happened still has a lot  of international credibility). This is sick even if only 1 extra person is sold in slavery using Trump as a shield.

Also "CNN's long documented history of making stuff up"? Sure there are cases, everybody has ****s up, and I'll be the first to admit the sensationalist issues of the cable television generation but here your drinking the partisan Kool aide. And Trump certainly should be the LAST person calling out CNN for their homework or honesty.

And as James O'Keefe just proved for us, I'll take the hard work and credibility of the fact checking actually in the field established journaists over the proudly unobjective "new media" every day of the week

The answer to "the standard is broken" shouldn't be "well then maybe we should have no standard at all"

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Trumps OWN words are being used by the Libyan state media in an attempt to delay the investigation while they start making evidence disappear, I don't understand what you don't get about that. There could have been any number of defensive moves these monsters could have tried instead but I know thier first reactive defense should NEVER come from our own president's playbook (a position that even still after all that's happened still has a lot  of international credibility). This is sick even if only 1 extra person is sold in slavery using Trump as a shield.

Also "CNN's long documented history of making stuff up"? Sure there are cases, everybody has ****s up, and I'll be the first to admit the sensationalist issues of the cable television generation but here your drinking the partisan Kool aide. And Trump certainly should be the LAST person calling out CNN for their homework or honesty.

Trump hasn't said that the Libyan slave trade is fake so, no, that's not his own words. There is no partinship on my part. I didn't vote for Trump, don't believe he's good for our country and won't vote for him in 2020. CNN's fictional "reporting" is the reason people don't trust them. One of the only good things Trump has done is to call out our media for what it is. If people were to ever figure out that they're allowed to think for themselves instead of listening to whatever "source" they can find to tell them what they want to hear, things might get a bit sticky.

1 minute ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Trump hasn't said that the Libyan slave trade is fake so, no, that's not his own words. There is no partinship on my part. I didn't vote for Trump, don't believe he's good for our country and won't vote for him in 2020. CNN's fictional "reporting" is the reason people don't trust them. One of the only good things Trump has done is to call out our media for what it is. If people were to ever figure out that they're allowed to think for themselves instead of listening to whatever "source" they can find to tell them what they want to hear, things might get a bit sticky.

CNN international conducted an exhaustive and highly dangerous (see the video ) investigation into the Libyan slave just days before Trump tweets that they are routinely lying to the world. This became the immediate defense of those elements in Libya who did not want this practice to come under an international spotlight.

So yes

His 

Own 

Words

And whether or not you choose to acknowledge it, "CNN is fake news" is the brainchild of right wing partisan propaganda seeking to shutdown any discussion that might arise from stories that arise from investigation or a report and is particularly effective on the unquestioning meme generation.

I'm betting half the things you think you believe about this topic or either exaggerated or flatly wrong. Which is NEVER to say that CNN  doesn't have  serious issues it needs to address, but the allegation that CNN is just routinely sitting there making things up is a partisan one. Cause its fare easier to say the other guy is lying lets ignore their reporting than it is to actually address a problem. They do the same for Washington Post and New York times etc etc.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

CNN international conducted an exhaustive and highly dangerous (see the video ) investigation into the Libyan slave just days before Trump tweets that they are routinely lying to the world. This became the immediate defense of those elements in Libya who did not want this practice to come under an international spotlight.

So yes

His 

Own 

Words

Did be say a word about Libyan slavery? But, yea, whatever. It's all Trump's fault and everyone that doesn't trust CNN 100% is responsible for human trafficking. Feel better? Good thing YOU'RE not wearing your partisan glasses. 

Just now, WalkingTheDawg said:

Did be say a word about Libyan slavery? But, yea, whatever. It's all Trump's fault and everyone that doesn't trust CNN 100% is responsible for human trafficking. Feel better? Good thing YOU'RE not wearing your partisan glasses. 

The argument isnt Trump caused the Libyan slave trade.  If you can pull your head out your butt for a sec and get off your preconceived talking point youll see that. 

The argument is Trumps careless tweets (that he cares no more for than what political points he can bounce off his base) have real life consequences and this is but the latest example (North Korea, stock market, pending legal cases,)

One of the things I notice Trump or many other conservatives, often fail (or just care not) to differentiate is the difference between criticism of partisan spin and criticism for truth and accuracy. 

I make fun of Fox News pro GOP messaging all the time (like literally all the time) but when Fox news breaks a story I still have enough faith through the credibility thier organization has accrued over the years not to immediately assume bad faith and disregard their reporting out of hand (like say I would infowars or project Veritas).That the MSM has sensationalistic or a leftist problems doesn't necessarily follow that their fake news.

That media just has it out for the right (or for some is part of a deep state conspiracy) and should be ignored is an excerise for the lazy

9 minutes ago, AF89 said:

The argument isnt Trump caused the Libyan slave trade.  If you can pull your head out your butt for a sec and get off your preconceived talking point youll see that. 

The argument is Trumps careless tweets (that he cares no more for than what political points he can bounce off his base) have real life consequences and this is but the latest example (North Korea, stock market, pending legal cases,)

You literally just posted a tweet from a guy that said human beings are being enslaved and auctioned off because Trump called CNN fake news. 

11 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

You literally just posted a tweet from a guy that said human beings are being enslaved and auctioned off because Trump called CNN fake news. 

No he said they (major GOP figureheads) were abetting the slave trade by allowing for it's defense thru Trumps shocking carelessness with his claims (or at least that's how I read it)

I'll give you it's a pretty uncharitable and aggressive interpretation but I think thats probably on purpose. 

I'll take this opportunity to clarify I have no idea who Clint Smith is, he was retweeted by a Hawks blog writer I follow and it was simply the newest verified tweet on the highly underreported matter on my timeline that I reposted as evidence that this was a ongoing narrative.  In retrospect I probably could have looked for a hard news blurb.

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

That's not what it says at all. Not even close.

It says it's able to continue because Trump called CNN fake news and that if I don't pay attention to Trump's tweets I'm complicit in human trafficking. Well, I'm not on twitter and I don't support the crazy **** he says or does but I'm still pretty sure that I'm not responsible for slavery. 

4 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

It says it's able to continue because Trump called CNN fake news and that if I don't pay attention to Trump's tweets I'm complicit in human trafficking. Well, I'm not on twitter and I don't support the crazy **** he says or does but I'm still pretty sure that I'm not responsible for slavery. 

No, that's not what it says either. It says that the Libyan media is using Trump's tweet to attack the credibility of the video......which they are. And some Libyan officials are doing the same.

Nowhere does it say anything like what you're saying here man. 

Just now, Jpowers said:

No, that's not what it says either. It says that the Libyan media is using Trump's tweet to attack the credibility of the video......which they are. And some Libyan officials are doing the same.

Nowhere does it say anything like what you're saying here man.

So, is it Trump's fault or not?

6 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Rereading the tweet your right,  he makes no obvious effort to differentiate between say Paul Ryan or Joe Republican in South Carolina.  I read it as enabling by Trumps inner circle or the GOP powers that be..

Still I agree with at least part of the sentiment that Trumps own words shouldn't be blythly ignored cause "that's just Trump"