POLL - Who is the most important player on our defense?

jlrfalcon

Who is the most important player on our defense?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most important player on our defense?

• Keanu Neal
    • Desmond Trufant
    • Ricardo Allen
    • Adrian Clayborn
    • Deion Jones
    • DeVondre Campbell
    • Vic Beasley
    • Grady Jarrett
    • Dontari Poe
    • Other-Poole, Riley, Reed, Alford, McKinley, ???

With Trufant out this week, it would seem to some that we have lost the most important player on our defense.  Out of curiousity, who does everyone consider the most vital player on our defense right now?  How many would truly believe his loss is like losing Ryan or Jones on the offensive side?

I personally think our defense is a bunch of somewhat-equal players who are interchangeable.  I think we could lose any of them and not lose the chemistry and strength of it.  However, if I would regret losing any of them, I would have trouble deciding between our safeties.  Allen is a true leader on it but the younger Kazee is developing behind him.  Neal is definitely our safety net on plays but I fear the guy is too aggressive.

Who do you think we need most (or could least afford to lose)?

Edited by jlrfalcon

6 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

With Trufant out this week, it would seem to some that we have lost the most important player on our defense.  Out of curiousity, who does everyone consider the most vital player on our defense right now?  How many would truly believe his loss is like losing Ryan or Jones on the offensive side?

I personally think our defense is a bunch of somewhat-equal players who are interchangeable.  I think we could lose any of them and not lose the chemistry and strength of it.  However, if I would regret losing any of them, I would have trouble deciding between our safeties.  Allen is a true leader on it but the younger Kazee is developing behind him.  Neal is definitely our safety net on plays but I fear the guy is too aggressive.

Who do you think we need most (or could least afford to lose)?

Grady gets my vote

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Pretty sure last year showed trufant isn’t the most important player on defense. When I think of important I think of who would make the defense fall apart if he was out for a lengthy period of time. Trufant is not even near the top of that list for me

Yea. We can win without Tru. It’s Debo followed by Allen. 

9 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

This weekend is going to be a **** show just like when Tru went out vs TB

I can see why someone would say that. I hope not, but it’s definitely a possibility. With pressure on Keenum and stopping the run we may be able to have a good game defensively even without Tru. Hopefully the offense does their part.

6 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I’m actually dreading the day Grady’s contract expires. He’s going to command ~10mil/per. Cherish the days of his rookie contract, guys, because it’s not gonna last. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Falcons franchise tag him and lose him the following year to FA. 

Shut your whore mouth and go back to your home on whore island