Jump to content

Adrian Clayborn.....The Difference Maker!


lostnmexico
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Atlanta Falcons are lucky to have defensive end Adrian Clayborn. The 29 years old will be an unrestricted free agent in 2018, and he’s doing his best to command a big pay day.

Even casual Falcons fans have noticed Clayborn over the past few games. Starting with his six sack performance against the Dallas Cowboys, Clayborn has had a productive few weeks. But it’s not a streak. He’s been a consistent performer all year.

Pro Football Focus highlighted the Falcons in their weekly observations piece. They included this interesting tidbit about Clayborn:

Defensive end Adrian Clayborn leads the league’s 4-3 defensive ends with 43 total quarterback pressures when rushing from the right side of the defensive line.

Good grief, Adrian. Stop making left tackles look foolish ... or don’t.

He is gonna send the Vikings to Valhalla!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

The Atlanta Falcons are lucky to have defensive end Adrian Clayborn. The 29 years old will be an unrestricted free agent in 2018, and he’s doing his best to command a big pay day.

Even casual Falcons fans have noticed Clayborn over the past few games. Starting with his six sack performance against the Dallas Cowboys, Clayborn has had a productive few weeks. But it’s not a streak. He’s been a consistent performer all year.

Pro Football Focus highlighted the Falcons in their weekly observations piece. They included this interesting tidbit about Clayborn:

Defensive end Adrian Clayborn leads the league’s 4-3 defensive ends with 43 total quarterback pressures when rushing from the right side of the defensive line.

Good grief, Adrian. Stop making left tackles look foolish ... or don’t.

He is gonna send the Vikings to Valhalla!

He has always been a favorite of mine. Very underrated. Total QB Pressures (43) is a great number for the whole season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People are talking about how we will not be able to bring him back because he is going to cost too much.  I don't think that he is going to command a super huge contract and it may even be affordable to us if he is seen mutually beneficial for both sides.  We held onto him for a few years now and he has hit incentives based on a few really good games, but he is not in the same realm as some of these pass rushers you see like Watt and Mack.....he won't need a huge contract but if he feels he enjoys the role he plays here he may ask for a valid one but not one that will break the bank.  Also next year we will also be extending MR so that will free up some of the 21 million he is owed next year to go along with the 14 we already have.  Plus Jake Matthews will also get one so his 12 million could drop as well.  We can allocate some money to keep him even if its four a few extra years seeing as this is his likely last big contract.  I wouldn't mind keeping him and drafting in the 2-4 rounds his replacement and moving Vic back to LB seeing as they are utilizing him there more often now.  Takk can take over the opposing side of Clayborn and his replacement can develop under him for a few years while also getting into the rotation to make an impact like Takk is doing this year.  Then in hopes when AC is ready to retire or move on we will have a capable starter in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I eventually think Takk will take his spot now wheather this is by the end of this year or next who knows but regardless for the money we are paying him I'd keep rolling these 1 year deals if eventually he wanted more I'd let him walk.

It doesn't matter who starts, a rotation of all three keeps them fresh. Losing Clayborn would hurt. Reed however I can see being a cap casualty next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

It doesn't matter who starts, a rotation of all three keeps them fresh. Losing Clayborn would hurt. Reed however I can see being a cap casualty next year.

REED is the guy Takk replaces. Not Clay. Takk would start against the run and rotate with Clay. That side of the DLine will be ferocious next year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

REED is the guy Takk replaces. Not Clay. Takk would start against the run and rotate with Clay. That side of the DLine will be ferocious next year.  

 

Do you see the Falcons going pass rusher maybe 2nd or 3rd round in next season's draft?

 

I definitely see them possibly going CB within the 1st 3 rounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, atljbo said:

i got a question..... Spotrac has Clayborn set up to make around 9 mil a year on his next contract ... Would you pay that ?

 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/adrian-clayborn-7735/market-value/

Couldn't resign him for that.

I still gotta get Beasley and Matthews resigned and if Coleman keeps playing like he is there's another decision I have to make there too.

Hence why in the draft I'm looking for playmakers not in any specific positions but if they happen to be at CB,DE and alike all the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i got a question..... Spotrac has Clayborn set up to make around 9 mil a year on his next contract ... Would you pay that ?

 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/adrian-clayborn-7735/market-value/

As much as I love Clayborn, the answer is no, with McKinley in the wings. The Falcons will have hardly any discretionary money to spend next year, and cap limits could surprise on the downside.

He is worth it, you do not get 43-QB pressures by accident. Most of his sacks coming in one game should not be a knock, the 43-QB pressures is what stands out, but the Falcons just will not have it to spend on him..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

i got a question..... Spotrac has Clayborn set up to make around 9 mil a year on his next contract ... Would you pay that ?

 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/adrian-clayborn-7735/market-value/

 

Nope

 

Doubt he gets paid that going into his age 30 season from the Falcons while they have to pay Beasley and Jarrett soon on that line. Takk is another reason not to.

 

Someone will pay him, but not sure it will be a 9mil. Wait and see how the FA pass rusher market tops out at. The younger pass rushers that have been productive will probably get more money than him, especially from a guaranteed standpoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stizz said:

We aren't drafting an offensive lineman in the first round.

Truth. I don’t think we’ll ever take an OLman under Quinn in the 1st unless the team  git so bad we absolutely HAVE to. Maybe when Jake or Shraeder starts declining. Wes ain’t even an issue frfr. Why would we invests more resources in a guard that’s only in his second year. This is why belichik is great. He plus his young even tho they struggle. He started a rookie in the SB last year. He was the worst graded player at his position last year. Didn’t seem to slow that offense one bit I’d say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...