2020 election and Kate Steinle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dirtyhairy said:

Larry, should the families of the victims be allowed to sue the cities and politicians who allow the sanctuary status and whom have allowed illegals to criminally prey on their citizens? Ie. Kate's family?

1) No.

2) This was not a situation of an "illegal criminally preying" on citizens

3) The suggestion of such a thing likely contributed to the jury's findings in that the framing is woefully inaccurate

4) Any such lawsuit would utterly fail at proving causation

5) Contribution would protect the government from any such action. 

15 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

1) No.

2) This was not a situation of an "illegal criminally preying" on citizens

3) The suggestion of such a thing likely contributed to the jury's findings in that the framing is woefully inaccurate

4) Any such lawsuit would utterly fail at proving causation

5) Contribution would protect the government from any such action. 

The mere fact that this Illegal Immigrant, who had multiple felonies, was released 5 times by the city, then shot and killed a citizen doesn't prove negligence or guilt by disobeying Federal law? OK, got it Larry. 

1 minute ago, dirtyhairy said:

The mere fact that this Illegal Immigrant, who had multiple felonies, was released 5 times by the city, then shot and killed a citizen doesn't prove negligence or guilt by disobeying Federal law? OK, got it Larry. 

Nope. Not close, really. 

Additionally, the proof was insufficient to establish that the accused "shot and killed a citizen." A more accurate framing of the issue would be "the gun discharged, struck the ground and hit the deceased on a ricochet."

An absolutely tragic occurrence. But tragedy does not mean "round up the brown people and hold them accountable!"

I noticed that you havent posted about the tragedy of a 45 year old woman in a small town in western new york being killed by an alleged act of negligent hunting. Why not? 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Nope. Not close, really. 

Additionally, the proof was insufficient to establish that the accused "shot and killed a citizen." A more accurate framing of the issue would be "the gun discharged, struck the ground and hit the deceased on a ricochet."

An absolutely tragic occurrence. But tragedy does not mean "round up the brown people and hold them accountable!"

I noticed that you havent posted about the tragedy of a 45 year old woman in a small town in western new york being killed by an alleged act of negligent hunting. Why not? 

Larry, he was a felon with a stolen gun. He was twirling the GUN at the pier. It went off as a result of HIS finger depressing the trigger. He was responsible for HER death. He was a felon and her illegally.

1 minute ago, dirtyhairy said:

Larry, he was a felon with a stolen gun. He was twirling the GUN at the pier. It went off as a result of HIS finger depressing the trigger. He was responsible for HER death. He was a felon and her illegally.

And he was convicted of the crime of being a felon in possession of a gun. Although there isnt anything to suggest he actually stole the gun. 

The rest of this is conjecture. 

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

And he was convicted of the crime of being a felon in possession of a gun. Although there isnt anything to suggest he actually stole the gun. 

The rest of this is conjecture. 

Why was he deported and allowed to come back 5 times? You actually believe he found the gun? We should be prosecuted and the city sued. I guarantee you family's are going to force cities hands and frankly attorneys LOVE class action lawsuits, so I believe this is right around the corner. Its negligence if Nothing else.

7 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Why was he deported and allowed to come back 5 times? You actually believe he found the gun? We should be prosecuted and the city sued. I guarantee you family's are going to force cities hands and frankly attorneys LOVE class action lawsuits, so I believe this is right around the corner. Its negligence if Nothing else.

lol.

This is a profoundly dumb post. 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Never, I want to make #MAGA along with our POTUS.  It amazes me how you mock an American citizens murder by an illegal alien deported 5 times that had committed 7 felonies in our country.    

The left doesn't care. They want the voters. There are more then 800,000 crimes per year by illegals, including murder, rape, etc. The left wants it ignored.

36 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Okay Larry, So the truth is dumb to you because it doesn't fit your agenda on (illegal) immigration policy, good to know.  

Why do you assume I have an "agenda" regarding immigration policy, let alone presume to know what it is? 

No, in this case, you've framed your silly, baseless position as "the truth" and impugned the judgment of 12 people who heard every shred of evidence and testimony and spent 6 days in deliberations before reaching their decision. 

That's whats dumb. 

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Never, I want to make #MAGA along with our POTUS.  It amazes me how you mock an American citizens murder by an illegal alien deported 5 times that had committed 7 felonies in our country.    

Not my problem that you're only mad about the ruling because you can't drag Hispanics.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Not my problem that you're only mad about the ruling because you can't drag Hispanics.

So you don't deny the mock because I have already quoted you on that/  Shame on you, you're a terrible person.  I have no problem with Hispanics as I have a diverse family.  What I do have a problem with is the illegal alien ones who have committed multiple felonies in our country, while staying here unchallenged by authorities.  if that's what you mean by drag...just sayin'

On 12/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

We should definitely embrace the judgment of a random message board user over the multiple days of deliberations of a jury exquisitely familiar with the evidence and testimony of the case in question. 

(no we shouldnt) 

I don't get this contention.  He was convicted of being a felon in possession of a handgun.  As a result of his posession of said gun, whether intention or not, a human being died.  California Penal Code Sec. 192(b) outlines Involuntary Manslaughter as:

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. It is of three kinds:

(a) Voluntary...

(b) Involuntary—in the commission of an unlawful act, not amounting to a felony; or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death, in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection. This subdivision shall not apply to acts committed in the driving of a vehicle.

(c) Vehicular...

The jury convicted him of the underlying unlawful act, then decided not to hold him responsible for the death that resulted from it.  I just can't see how they could do that aside from either a) absolute complete incompetence or b ) the prosecution focusing so hard on murder that they didn't touch this lesser included offense.  Either way, both parties failed.

I am not going to assume the jury was made up of San Franciscans trying to make a political point, but this decision was a farce.  I am frankly a little embarresed for the city I live in right now.  

*I will admit that I have never actually shepardized the Penal Code applicable here to determine if the underlying unlawful act has to be of a certain category, but the plain meaning seems clear enough to me

6 hours ago, dirtyhairy said:

No dh, to use Comey's definition, Mr. Zarate was extremely careless, and no jury worth their salt would have found him guilty in SF.  :ninja:

35 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

I don't get this contention.  He was convicted of being a felon in possession of a handgun.  As a result of his posession of said gun, whether intention or not, a human being died.  California Penal Code Sec. 192(b) outlines Involuntary Manslaughter as:

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice. It is of three kinds:

(a) Voluntary...

(b) Involuntary—in the commission of an unlawful act, not amounting to a felony; or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death, in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and circumspection. This subdivision shall not apply to acts committed in the driving of a vehicle.

(c) Vehicular...

The jury convicted him of the underlying unlawful act, then decided not to hold him responsible for the death that resulted from it.  I just can't see how they could do that aside from either a) absolute complete incompetence or b ) the prosecution focusing so hard on murder that they didn't touch this lesser included offense.  Either way, both parties failed.

I am not going to assume the jury was made up of San Franciscans trying to make a political point, but this decision was a farce.  I am frankly a little embarresed for the city I live in right now.  

*I will admit that I have never actually shepardized the Penal Code applicable here to determine if the underlying unlawful act has to be of a certain category, but the plain meaning seems clear enough to me

I think the Steinle family is feeling a lot more than embarrassed right now, but I get your point.