Predict the Football Final Four

etherdome

This weekend shapes up to be pretty amazing.  Go ahead and give me your predictions for the play-offs.  I am about as far from an expert as you can get, but here are mine:

Clemson v. Miami:    Clemson wins and is ranked #1

Georgia v. Auburn:   Georgia wins and is ranked #2

Oklahoma v. TCU:  Oklahoma wins and is ranked #3

OSU v. Wisconsin:  OSU wins and goes to the Rose Bowl but ends up outside of the play-offs.

Alabama is ranked #4 

Clemson v. Alabama:  Clemson repeats with a convincing victory

Oklahoma v. Georgia:  Oklahoma wins by a FG.  Georgia is on the rise, but is not quite ready.

Oklahoma v. Clemson:  Clemson repeats as national champion.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, etherdome said:

This weekend shapes up to be pretty amazing.  Go ahead and give me your predictions for the play-offs.  I am about as far from an expert as you can get, but here are mine:

Clemson v. Miami:    Clemson wins and is ranked #1

Georgia v. Auburn:   Georgia wins and is ranked #2

Oklahoma v. TCU:  Oklahoma wins and is ranked #3

OSU v. Wisconsin:  OSU wins and goes to the Rose Bowl but ends up outside of the play-offs.

Alabama is ranked #4 

Clemson v. Alabama:  Clemson repeats with a convincing victory

Oklahoma v. Georgia:  Oklahoma wins by a FG.  Georgia is on the rise, but is not quite ready.

Oklahoma v. Clemson:  Clemson repeats as national champion.  

If UGA plays Oklahoma, I think it would be a very interesting game. Oklahoma has a very good offense. But their defense can lose the game for them. If they go against a team with a solid defense, I think Oklahoma would be in trouble.

14 minutes ago, RedandBlack4Life! said:

If UGA plays Oklahoma, I think it would be a very interesting game. Oklahoma has a very good offense. But their defense can lose the game for them. If they go against a team with a solid defense, I think Oklahoma would be in trouble.

UGA is up to the task, but I just get the feeling that OK would squeak past them.  

9 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Here are my predictions: 

Clemson, Georgia, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and i think it's uga and clemson for the title..  not copying carter, but that's my 4.. lol . i just can't pick oklahoma to win anything with that horrific defense. 

It will be interesting to see how Oklahoma's offense performs against this level of competition.  I can't help but wonder whether their numbers reflect poor opposing defenses.  

1 hour ago, notthatcool said:

Now back to a bunch of uga predictions.....  

:lol:

I could not in good conscience predict Auburn to beat us in the first ever meeting that will decide the SEC champ and a playoff spot on the line. That’s just not happening bro :lol: 

11 hours ago, Carter said:

:lol:

I could not in good conscience predict Auburn to beat us in the first ever meeting that will decide the SEC champ and a playoff spot on the line. That’s just not happening bro :lol: 

It's good. I don't take any of this personal. Just joking around with everyone. 

Whoever comes out of SEC I hope they do well rest of the way out. I do think it sucks for uga fans that the national media has a win or your out mentality. UGA and bama are basically the same product (and better than osu), yet bama gets to sit at home and hope someone losses. I'd rather have control like UGA does, but if they lose a close game today why are they automatically overlooked and bama/Osu get the attention?  If we are truly wanting the best four teams. 

I am hoping for little chaos today. I don't want an 8 team playoff. I'm hoping SEC ACC champ and ou/wisc. 

1 hour ago, notthatcool said:

It's good. I don't take any of this personal. Just joking around with everyone. 

Whoever comes out of SEC I hope they do well rest of the way out. I do think it sucks for uga fans that the national media has a win or your out mentality. UGA and bama are basically the same product (and better than osu), yet bama gets to sit at home and hope someone losses. I'd rather have control like UGA does, but if they lose a close game today why are they automatically overlooked and bama/Osu get the attention?  If we are truly wanting the best four teams. 

I am hoping for little chaos today. I don't want an 8 team playoff. I'm hoping SEC ACC champ and ou/wisc. 

I know it would make for a long year......but I actually think it's really hard to pick a final 4, just look at this year. But a final 8 would give you the best chance of getting the best teams in for a chance to win it all. Basketball has sweet 16 and I understand there's a huge difference between putting pads on and launching yourself into another body and running up and down the floor. Just my two cents.

True.

But how many times in the BCS era did we complain that the #5 team got screwed?  We are letting too many two loss teams into the equation and I am a fan of one of them.  I just like the regular season meaning more. 

Auburn losing to LSU should mean something. 

Edited by notthatcool

Like some others Clemson, UGA, Oklahoma, Wisconsin.

A lot of people like OSU over Wisconsin, but Wisconsin is pretty good, and if an injured Barrett plays, I like Wisconsin.

UGA over Auburn because of Johnson's injury, neutral site, and very difficult to play with the same emotion the 2nd time you play a team after blowing them out in the 1st. 

You see it all the time. Auburn may be over confident and UGA will have a chip on their shoulder. UGA made a lot of mistakes the 1st game too of course.