Tampa@ATL 'All 22'

Jerz

Should Tevin Coleman be the starter for the rest of the season?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tevin Coleman be the starter for the rest of the season?

• YES
    • NO
    • 50/50

To answer the poll question, I think that the starter should be based on matchups. Against better defenses, Devonta's vision and quickness seems to be offset by his lack of straight line speed. Tevin seems to thrive in those situations (Buffalo comes to mind). Against most others, Devonta can pick his way through holes that aren't even there yet and I think we see his value there the most. I think this weekend is a matchup for Tevin. Just my personal opinion.

1 hour ago, DMT11 said:

Debo getting pushed around is.going to happen some , but they got.to figure a way to mitigate it,  he's gpt.to learn to.anticipate and slide right and left to dodge blockers getting to second level,  he needs to.wait a haor.longer to fill gap 

41 minutes ago, Sting129 said:

Criticism against Debo seems nitpicky. Rewatch those gifs....not sure what else he could've done to make play. Sometimes u get blocked 

I think the presence of a true NT there would have help significantly. It looks like the wanted to double team Shelby on the first play, but the guard immediately disengaged because the tackle had it handled. If Debo is kept clean, he can do what he does best and flow to the ball. He should not be taking on blockers head on as that's not was he does best.

51 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Those first few against Deion; those limitations are starting to become more glaring.  And I'm a Deion guy, but that first gif, you gotta be able to fit into that gap in the NFL and not just get nudged aside.

Looks like he spent a split second too long reading the play....if he would have just shot it he probably does not get blocked like that......but that gets dangerous

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Those first few against Deion; those limitations are starting to become more glaring.  And I'm a Deion guy, but that first gif, you gotta be able to fit into that gap in the NFL and not just get nudged aside.

Exactly, hes got to use his brain and speed to make up for his lack of size and judge just right when to hit that gap, this is what I was hoping he would get fixed this year, still hoping, but eeeeeehhh.

9 hours ago, Sting129 said:

Criticism against Debo seems nitpicky. Rewatch those gifs....not sure what else he could've done to make play. Sometimes u get blocked 

That is the whole point. He is a smaller bodied, more athletic, player. He is built to mitigate the problems were were having two years ago getting eaten alive vs. TEs and RBs in the middle. He is not a run stuffer and will be overpowered by 80% of NFL OLmen. All he can do is take the right gap.  After that, its up to his teammates to fill in. He can't hold ground, so he has to make sure he at least starts in the right spot. Then it is on his brothers.