NFL Insiders predict: Week 13 upsets, flops...

fuego

Just posting Falcons related info.

______

What's your top upset pick for Week 13?

Matt Bowen, NFL writer: Vikings over Falcons. Atlanta is playing its best football of the season, but so is Minnesota quarterback Case Keenum. In his past three games, Keenum has completed 71.1 percent of his passes and has tossed seven touchdowns. His Total QBR during this stretch? A lofty 93.7, and given Keenum's recent run of high-level play along with that defense under Mike Zimmer, I see the Vikings holding off the Falcons in one of the most physical games we will watch all year.

Kevin Seifert, national NFL writer: Vikings over Falcons. Minnesota has the pass rush and secondary to slow down the Falcons' newly lethal offense. If anyone can lock down Julio Jones, it's Xavier Rhodes -- with safety Harrison Smith over the top as needed. (That will be a dream wide receiver-cornerback matchup, by the way.) The Vikings should be able to run on the Falcons' defense, which has allowed 112.3 rushing yards per game during a three-game winning streak -- a key part of winning a physical road game.

The NFC South is going to come down to the wire. Which team will win it and why?

Bowen: The Saints. The remaining schedule for New Orleans is pretty salty with a Week 13 game against the Panthers and two matchups with the Falcons. But I'm going with the physical, balanced offense under coach Sean Payton and a defense that can be ultra aggressive when cornerbacks Marshon Lattimoreand Ken Crawley jump back into the mix.

Clay: The Saints. All three teams in this mix face a tough schedule over the final month or so of the season, which makes this tricky, but I still project New Orleans to hang on for the title at 12-4. The offense has been outstanding as usual, and their defense is much-improved. The Falcons are the "hot" team in the division right now, but they face arguably the league's hardest schedule the rest of the season -- Vikings, Saints (twice), at Buccaneers and Panthers. I believe that tough slate will cost them a playoff spot.

Foxworth: The Saints. Despite the Falcons' offensive reputation, the Saints lead the the division in almost all major offensive statistical categories and they have best quarterback and coach in the NFC South. Their defense, which has been one of the worst in the league over the past few years, has improved and is continuing to get better.

Sando: The Panthers. Carolina is my choice in a tough race. I trust the Panthers' defense more than the others. Cam Newton has cut down on turnovers, which is a big key. It won't be easy and it might not be pretty. Every NFC South team ranks among the NFL's top seven in hardest remaining schedules, mainly because these teams must play one another -- Atlanta's remaining schedule strength (.673) is the NFL's toughest. I'll take Carolina emerging on top at 11-5.

Seifert: The Falcons. They finally appear to have their offense in gear, having averaged 29 points per game over their current three-game winning streak. And most important, they still have four division games remaining, including two against the Saints and the regular-season finale at home against the Panthers. They've gotten hot at the right time and have a schedule that will allow them to maximize it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21596498/2017-nfl-insiders-predict-week-13-upsets-fantasy-flops-minnesota-vikings-2018-starting-quarterback-more

25 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Not sure I’d consider a 9-2 team beating a 7-4 team an upset unless they have doubts about how good the Vikings really are. 

14 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Lmao at Vikings over Falcons being an upset. Chicken****s.

I assume we're favored since they said it would be an upset? I don't know the line. 

27 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Not sure I’d consider a 9-2 team beating a 7-4 team an upset unless they have doubts about how good the Vikings really are. 

16 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Lmao at Vikings over Falcons being an upset. Chicken****s.

Bengals over Steelers? Now, there's an upset.

Just checked. We are favored by 3. So it would be an 'upset'. 

Who cares what those Coneheads have to say.  They're just like the rest of us, they have no idea who will win!!! 
Like the old saying goes, "On Any Given Sunday", ANY team can win.  Well, except for the Browns ---- lol... 
I think we take care o' bidness at home this weekend! 

I just love these knee-jerk narratives that pop up because of wins with no real analysis to speak of, or these obvious realities because of a few games though there is little to back up such claims.  When did a relative handful of events suddenly dictate a new reality,  was it the forced parity we've all been seeing the last decade or so or is it that there is so much coverage the analysts just look at the wins and go "them".  It's absurd to draw conclusions based off of a what have you done lately mentality.   It completely nullifies anything any team had done in the past so why does it matter now if it won't in the future? 

The saints are not winning this division because they are not suddenly so much better than the rest of the South, minus tb of course.  They've played some good games and beat some decent teams but their talent level doesn't match or surpass last year's playoff teams.   Brees has barely been relevant the last few years and same with coach Vicodin.  This is Carolina or more likely Atlanta's division.  

What is the point in reading these articles concerning predictions and sharing them? If the talking head picks against the Falcons, TAFT will just call the guy stupid and say they don't take him seriously. If they pick the Falcons, then the person is smart and reliable source of information. It's always the same.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Teams routinely get three points for being at home. A three point spread is Vegas essentially considering this an even game.

It is still considered an upset if Atlanta loses.

Vegas is begging people to bet on the Vikes, I thought this game would open up even.  Vegas really expects Atlanta to win this one.

2 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

What is the point in reading these articles concerning predictions and sharing them? If the talking head picks against the Falcons, TAFT will just call the guy stupid and say they don't take him seriously. If they pick the Falcons, then the person is smart and reliable source of information. It's always the same.

Lol

3 hours ago, Peyton said:

It's just based on the line, the Falcons are favored by 3.

That's an even pick.  Home field gets 3.   Can't really call that an upset either.

Vikings are 9-2 and even Vegas has us even with the 3 point spread.   That could well change.    I can't see that being an upset because my guess is that the Vikings will be the pick almost across the board.    Calling a home game 3 point spread an "upset" is a stretch.