3 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Vic still gets plenty of pass rushing snaps, his time dropping into coverage really isn’t eating into those snaps. Before he would just come on the field to pass rush in nickel, now he gets some time at SAM before rushing in our nickel package. He’s just not doing much with them. Takk has outplayed him

Takk has been really, really good for a rookie. Let alone one that missed nearly the entire offseason recovering from a shoulder surgery

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23 3h3 hours ago 

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said he wants to see more forced fumbles by Vic Beasley, who has 4 sacks and 1 forced fumbles. Beasley had league-leading 15.5 sacks and 6 forced fumbles last season.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sandtrap said:

Poe might not get the flashy plays or sacks but he eats a ton of double teams that allow other players to ball out. I think Poe's been great and based on us not having a desperate need to sign another FA we missed on, I think he's worth the money.

Who cares, Ahtyba eats double teams as well, so do Jarret, and Vic sometimes. Only difference is none of those guys are making $8m's. I see us drafting a DT to replace Poe next year. He has been a bust imo. He's had pedestrian production. 

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Beasley has been injured and playing lb since duke went out, his role has changed considerably. Takk is outplaying vics rookie year though 

The fact that people are actually using and agreeing with this excuse is disturbing. Go watch the film. Vic has had his hand in the dirt just as much as he did before Duke was injured. Kemal has mostly been filling in that spot.

If Vic were actually taking more reps at LB he'd obviously have more than 3 tackles in his last 3 games.

If he actually is playing hurt, he needs to sit because he's been an absolute non factor this year. He's doing nothing on the field. Russel Wilson was just toying with him last week. If you go watch the mic'd up, Vic actually started crying about it to Quinn, and our head coach had to console the grown man and 3rd year pro. Maybe we should've brought Freeney back, because Vic has looked lost without him. Typical Falcon BS to have a career season and then immediately regress. 

Edited by QuinnTorris
1 hour ago, QuinnTorris said:

The fact that people are actually using and agreeing with this excuse is disturbing. Go watch the film. Vic has had his hand in the dirt just as much as he did before Duke was injured. Kemal has mostly been filling in that spot.

If Vic were actually taking more reps at LB he'd obviously have more than 3 tackles in his last 3 games.

If he actually is playing hurt, he needs to sit because he's been an absolute non factor this year. He's doing nothing on the field. Russel Wilson was just toying with him last week. If you go watch the mic'd up, Vic actually started crying about it to Quinn, and our head coach had to console the grown man and 3rd year pro. Maybe we should've brought Freeney back, because Vic has looked lost without him. Typical Falcon BS to have a career season and then immediately regress. 

Tell us how you really feel

I don't like doing hot takes, but I'd be willing to wager that Takk will be an overall better player than Vic by 2018. I'm not convinced by Beasley's 2016 season. He beat up on a few bad tackles and accumulated 62% of his sacks from 3 games.  I don't think his injury is the reason why he can't get consistent pressure. I think it could be anywhere from a lack of strength or just a lack in variety of pass rush moves. Getting 16 sacks from such a small amount of pressures is unsustainable. I know it's difficult to get sacks at all, but his numbers were inflated. He's not bad, just not good and the fact that Takk is already getting more pressures on few snaps isn't encouraging.

Vic Beasley is great at spying QBs, and it's good that his athleticism allows him to also switch in at Sam. But Takk will be the better overall football player in a year or two.

3 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I don't like doing hot takes, but I'd be willing to wager that Takk will be an overall better player than Vic by 2018. I'm not convinced by Beasley's 2016 season. He beat up on a few bad tackles and accumulated 62% of his sacks from 3 games.  I don't think his injury is the reason why he can't get consistent pressure. I think it could be anywhere from a lack of strength or just a lack in variety of pass rush moves. Getting 16 sacks from such a small amount of pressures is unsustainable. I know it's difficult to get sacks at all, but his numbers were inflated. He's not bad, just not good and the fact that Takk is already getting more pressures on few snaps isn't encouraging.

Vic Beasley is great at spying QBs, and it's good that his athleticism allows him to also switch in at Sam. But Takk will be the better overall football player in a year or two.

I’ll take that bet. 

And I like both players ALOT. But Beasley is the far greater player. 

17 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Takk will be a 10+ sack guy every year once he is an every down player, is 100% healthy and has some experience under his belt. Think he will finish this year around 7 sacks which is extremely impressive all things considered.

People sleep on Takk. He's got a great first step, a 6'4 frame and a big wingspan. He also has a phenomenal motor. He has just as much potential as Vic.

50 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

People sleep on Takk. He's got a great first step, a 6'4 frame and a big wingspan. He also has a phenomenal motor. He has just as much potential as Vic.

After watching the Dallas/Skins game I see Demarcus Lawrence potential in Takk’s game. I’d take that I’m a heart beat minus off the field stuff.