Opinions on McKinley and Poe performance

Falcons Fan MVP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, isproab said:

Poe hasn't been much of a difference maker.  I don't think for the kind of money he may want that he will be back.  I would be shocked if he stayed.  Takk has been good in my opinion.  He has just as many sacks as Beasley, but he is a rookie.

Poe might not get the flashy plays or sacks but he eats a ton of double teams that allow other players to ball out. I think Poe's been great and based on us not having a desperate need to sign another FA we missed on, I think he's worth the money.

6 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

In my opinion McKinley has outplayed Beasley, with less reps.

Poe is not worth his contract, but he has seemed to improved a bit over the past few weeks. Quinn should've never asked him to lose weight. 

Beasley has been injured and playing lb since duke went out, his role has changed considerably. Takk is outplaying vics rookie year though 

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

Poe hasn't been much of a difference maker.  I don't think for the kind of money he may want that he will be back.  I would be shocked if he stayed.  Takk has been good in my opinion.  He has just as many sacks as Beasley, but he is a rookie.

Not a difference maker? I guess you dont watch plays like the 4th down stand last game where poes hit caused fitz to throw quick, or those 3 tds weve scored while poe is playing FB and TE.. dude started slow sure but the last 6 weeks hes been coming on strong and gelling with grady

Vic still gets plenty of pass rushing snaps, his time dropping into coverage really isn’t eating into those snaps. Before he would just come on the field to pass rush in nickel, now he gets some time at SAM before rushing in our nickel package. He’s just not doing much with them. Takk has outplayed him

Takk has been really, really good for a rookie. Let alone one that missed nearly the entire offseason recovering from a shoulder surgery

7 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I think Poe has been good, but not great.  Takk has been fantastic.  Doubt Poe comes back, because I don't think we'll pay him what he wants.  (If he wants to be paid like an elite DT, which he is not.)  Takk should continue to get better.

Nobody else is going to pay Poe like he is elite either.

Takks is coming along nicely.  Poe has been disruptive at times but he has been very inconsistent.

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Takk certainly brought the draft energy he displayed. Poe isn’t appealing to some of you because he doesn’t get sacks. That’s not a DT’s first priority. And nothing he was ever truly known for if my memory is correct

Definitely. Poe was brought in to stuff the run, and maybe "revive" his pass rush(he had 6 sacks in 2014 as NT). First and foremost, he's a NT, no one really should've expected him to blow up with sacks this season. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Definitely. Poe was brought in to stuff the run, and maybe "revive" his pass rush(he had 6 sacks in 2014 as NT). First and foremost, he's a NT, no one really should've expected him to blow up with sacks this season. 

Only reason I can think of that would make people think that is the contract. That’s it

35 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Not a difference maker? I guess you dont watch plays like the 4th down stand last game where poes hit caused fitz to throw quick, or those 3 tds weve scored while poe is playing FB and TE.. dude started slow sure but the last 6 weeks hes been coming on strong and gelling with grady

I was a fan before the season.  He isn't a bad player and no the Falcons don't have a lot of needs.  I know the position tends to be "thankless," but even in press conferences and interviews I don't hear anybody say much about him at all.  Sure he has made a play here or there.  Not having a lot of needs, you may be better off finding a cheaper alternative.

3 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Beasley has been injured and playing lb since duke went out, his role has changed considerably. Takk is outplaying vics rookie year though 

Nahh vic hasn't  dropped that much for to be used as an excuse for his pass rush production. Hes starting to be like Paul and running past the tackle every time or just outta reach