This game will be won or lost in the trenches

lju713

Plain and simple. We are gonna need Jake and Schrader to play lights out, because Griffin and Hunter are good. Schweitzer and Garland rotating is a breath of fresh air and genius. Getting Free back is major, hopefully our run game can keep Minny honest on D and not blitz happy.

Our DL is better than Minn OL as far as talent and I think this is the matchup that will define the game. Jarrett,Poe,and Rubin will be key in stopping any cutback lanes for Murray/McKinnon. Reed and Shelby have to set the edge.

I think our boys are up to the task, and I can see a 3-4 sack game.....hopefully. What are your thoughts?

Edited by lju713

4 hours ago, lju713 said:

Plain and simple. We are gonna need Jake and Schrader to play lights out, because Griffin and Hunter are good. Schweitzer and Garland rotating is a breath of fresh air and genius. Getting Free back is major, hopefully our run game can keep Minny honest on D and not blitz happy.

Our DL is better than Minn OL as far as talent and I think this is the matchup that will define the game. Jarrett,Poe,and Rubin will be key in stopping any cutback lanes for Murray/McKinnon. Reed and Shelby have to set the edge.

I think our boys are up to the task, and I can see a 3-4 sack game.....hopefully. What are your thoughts?

Glad someone wants to talk up the Falcons on a Falcon fan site lol.

I agree completely with you I think gap discipline is the key especially from our DTs.Got to pick and choose when we shot gaps.

Personally I think Deion Jones Devondre Campbell and Vic Beasley are the key.I think the latter hasn't been let off the chain this year and I'd like to see him be able to just go after the QB.

Campbell and Jones on the RBs and the dump passes will be key to slowing this offense down.Basically taking away Keenums safety valves.

Minnesota’s D-line is phenomenal. That being said, our O-line plays to the level of their competition. They will be ready to play but they will still have their hands full. We will absolutely need the run game to win this because our O-line can not handle the load of Matt Ryan dropping back +30 times vs this phenomenal D-line. They are seriously ferocious!

The Vikes will probably give us a lot of runs to stave off and tire the pass rush attempts by our front seven to keep Keemun from getting smashed up until they think they’ve worn us down enough to let him start attacking our depleted secondary. If we can somehow game plan properly against that and our secondary can hold there water we stand a good chance I believe. But if that run game of theirs starts gashing is early and often, we could be in trouble. Beasley, Grady, Poe, and Clayborn gotta bring the pain Sunday. It wouldn’t hurt to seed Reed get in there too.

On 11/29/2017 at 0:12 PM, E. T. said:

I can see us using the same page or two from the Seattle game. Start off playing small ball, long drives, controlling the clock, attack their front, slowly wearing down Minny's dline. Open things up down the stretch....

lots of play-action bootlegs, and some trickery with 12 guage, just trying to give Gabe the ball in open field. Their secondary is ripe to be picked.

19 hours ago, The Vent King said:

The Vikes will probably give us a lot of runs to stave off and tire the pass rush attempts by our front seven to keep Keemun from getting smashed up until they think they’ve worn us down enough to let him start attacking our depleted secondary. If we can somehow game plan properly against that and our secondary can hold there water we stand a good chance I believe. But if that run game of theirs starts gashing is early and often, we could be in trouble. Beasley, Grady, Poe, and Clayborn gotta bring the pain Sunday. It wouldn’t hurt to seed Reed get in there too.

Jones is going to have to avoid o linemen.