Freeman Expected to Play

montanaman71

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/11/29/16714756/devonta-freeman-clears-concussion-protocol-expected-to-play-on-sunday

I think Tevin will still be the starter for now to protect freeman.

The Atlanta Falcons are getting star running back Devonta Freeman ahead of their toughest matchup all season. The team may be short Desmond Trufant, but they desperately needed Freeman back at full strength to have a chance against the Minnesota Vikings.

Dan Quinn says Devonta Freeman will be back practicing today and has cleared concussion protocol. "Pumped to have him back."

— Wendy Adams (@wendyradio) November 29, 2017

Freeman cleared the protocol just in time. He should get in a full week of practice, and be back to carry the rock against an intimidating Vikings defense. Tevin Coleman showed he can be a monster against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but the two backs have a completely different running style.

With the offense rolling and Freeman back, the team should be able to keep pace with the surprisingly hot Minnesota Vikings offense.

Edited by montanaman71

13 minutes ago, high impact said:

Glad to see Free is good to go.One thing that is missing for me is the Falcons have not been throwing much to Free or Coleman. I sure hope they get back to it this game. Keeps the LBs on their toes, then helps slow the pass rush on top of that. Just love to see our RBs with the ball in space.

We should see more passes to the RBs against the Vikings.

2 hours ago, falconticket said:

Seems that sark is a better play caller without him. Unfortunately

The problem with this statement is that its based on these last three games, to which the offense has clicked better as individuals and as a team as well as the defense playing up to the potential we all hoped for.  If we regress because Freeman comes back then yeah that would make sense....but there isnt really anything to show that he is a worse or better with or without anyone really.  It also runs in sync with the players...he may call a good game, but if the players aren't executing then it's not all on him.  He laid out a great game plan Sunday...if Ward doesn't fumble I could've seen us posting 40....which would've been one of THE best if not the best game this season based on performance.

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

As much as I love Free I'd rather it have been Tru.

After the way Ward chose to cough up the ball and yet again second time he didnt protect the ball....I rather see Freeman than Ward.

Ward almost cost us that  game had he fumbled 2nd time...we were fortunate that no one boxed the ball out because it was blatantly exposed.

Ward is trash!!!! 

7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

After the way Ward chose to cough up the ball and yet again second time he didnt protect the ball....I rather see Freeman than Ward.

Ward almost cost us that  game had he fumbled 2nd time...we were fortunate that no one boxed the ball out because it was blatantly exposed.

Ward is trash!!!! 

Yeah, idg the thought about keeping Free out since the offense is rolling.  Makes no sense to me.  Free+Teco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Teco+Ward.  This is a huge addition to this offense.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Devonta Freeman will be back with no limitations during today's practice. He's hopeful that Freeman can handle an entire load, but Freeman doesn't necessarily have to with Tevin Coleman also at running back.

Look , i get that we paid freeman 40 mil this year but my gosh dont take coleman completely out the game. He has been on fire these past few weeks .
Edited by caponine

3 hours ago, nomak said:

We should see more passes to the RBs against the Vikings.

I sure hope so. Especially out of the backfield. It's so easy to do. And with our receivers taking guys downfield and the LBs jammed up in the A-gaps, it should be open all day.

Sean Payton and Drew Breez have made a living on this stuff. So did Joe Montana and Roger Craig. And Andy Ried at Philly with Brian Westbrook. Chicago with Forte. And so on and so on. Even the Falcons have done it so successfully. William Andrews on the little swing/flair. Jamal Anderson on the quick screen.

I mean, it's proven, it works, and we HAVE the guys who can catch the ball and make people miss.

2 minutes ago, caponine said:
Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Devonta Freeman will be back with no limitations during today's practice. He's hopeful that Freeman can handle an entire load, but Freeman doesn't necessarily have to with Tevin Coleman also at running back.

Look , i get that we paid freeman 40 mil this year but my gosh dont take coleman completely out the game. He has been on fire these past few weeks .

Yeah, I want to see them go back to last season.  Coleman has been criminally underused in the passing game.  That still annoys the crap outta me about Sark.  Free too.  We have two excellent pass catching backs and one with breakaway speed not being used at all...

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Yeah, I want to see them go back to last season.  Coleman has been criminally underused in the passing game.  That still annoys the crap outta me about Sark.  Free too.  We have two excellent pass catching backs and one with breakaway speed not being used at all...

exactly my thing with quinn and sark theyll rely too much on one either freeman or coleman and not enough of both. Put coleman in the game on the outside while freeman is in the backfield and switch them out so often ( put coleman at rb and freeman at wr)

Edited by caponine

11 minutes ago, caponine said:

exactly my thing with quinn and sark theyll rely too much on one either freeman or coleman and not enough of both. Put coleman in the game on the outside while freeman is in the backfield and switch them out so often ( put coleman at rb and freeman at wr)

They done this before. I think you were on the board complaining and missed it. LOL!!!!

I love Free (he may be my favorite player on the team) but I think we need to stick with Coleman's hot hand and give him the bulk of the work and give Free passing downs.  Ive been impressed with Coleman and our coaches aren't letting either get in a true rhythm when both healthy.