What are our chances against Minnesota?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow some of the doubt about this game from this msgb and media heads, while somewhat legit, reminds me a lot of last season right before we faced whatever team had the best defense at the time right before we dismantled them. Not hating on anyone because I can clearly understand the apprehension, but just saying - no one thought we could do what we ended up doing last year either...

until we did it.

It depends on our cb situation. If Poole is out or obviously hampered I don't see us winning comfortably.. Trufant being out is obviously bad for our passing D but shouldn't effect the running defense. It's possible we may see Rico play some nickle if Kazee looks comfortable at FS. If we don;t beat ourselves we can beat anyone. Now teams have to be on alert since Julio is getting in the gameplan. Freeman coming back is a huge plus. IDK why someone would even watch the game if they had no faith we could win.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
7 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

The truth is our run defense is still a weakness it had been more miss than hit all yr, most likely tru and Poole are out, they are going to run the ball a lot and play small ball with case at qb,  may take one or two deep shots. which will keep Matt off the field. I feel like this game is going to look a lot like last yr when we played the Eagles. They grounded us down for four quarters and I see the Vikings doing the same thing.

It's definitely a possibility but what do you think DQ and co will have focused on all week you can best believe the run defense would have been front and centre to make Keenum beat us with his arm.

As for our running game they got no one who can defend Coleman or Freeman with the short pass I'd take Deion Jones over any of there LBers in pass coverage.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It's definitely a possibility but what do you think DQ and co will have focused on all week you can best believe the run defense would have been front and centre to make Keenum beat us with his arm.

As for our running game they got no one who can defend Coleman or Freeman with the short pass I'd take Deion Jones over any of there LBers in pass coverage.

Give me Kendricks and Barr before Jones. He's not where they are yet awareness wise. 

As for the run game, you really think our run defense is good enough to force this game onto Keenum? 

7 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

I heard that Freeman will be back this week with a new helmet.

the Vikes game plan will be to turn the dogs loose on Ryan, and having our RB tandem is going to keep the those same dogs at bay.

Freeman gets 20 touches this week.

They are gonna isolate Julio and go after Matt. Unleash the hounds! Get the ball to the backs and TEs. This is where Sark earns his keep.

29 minutes ago, Jesus said:

They are gonna isolate Julio and go after Matt. Unleash the hounds! Get the ball to the backs and TEs. This is where Sark earns his keep.

I say unleash the beast #12 .....since they are merely acquainted  with him.

I want to see more unconventional gadjet plays.....which Vikings are not use to.

If we play traditional,  old school...we may get beat.

We need to shock them on both sides early and hit them hard.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If they play like they did this past week and fix a couple of things, we'll monkeystomp their behinds!

Now is the time for the real teams to rise and the pretenders to be exposed. We're healthy and seems like we found our groove. No reason to believe anyone can beat us in the NFC really 

I view this game as I do any game the Falcons play in. By that I mean, it depends on what Falcons team shows up to play, if the Falcons show up to play and are clicking on all cylinders they are capable of beating any team.  The problem I have seen with the Falcons is when they get a substantial lead they fall into their version of prevent defense, which their version of prevent defense just prevents them from winning sometimes. 

When the Falcons get a 2 TD lead they go into the defensive mind set of "Just keep the other team in front of you and don't let the get behind you", but the problem with that is they seem to always give the other team an automatic 10 yard buffer to do whatever they want to do in, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you give a team a 10 yard buffer on every play it wont be long before they are in the red zone scoring and right back in the game. I wish the Falcons defense would play more man defense when they get a 2 td or more lead, at least make the other team earn their yards and don't automatically give them a buffer to do as they want. 

I believe if Freeman is back and the Falcons can run the ball with Freeman & Coleman that will really upset the Vikings pass rush. We shall see. 

I predict - 

Falcons 27

Vikings 17

Edited by WinningIsTheOnlyOption