What are our chances against Minnesota?

ChickenBiscuit

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

TATF is weird this season...a lot of fans still are hungover.

I remember a certain NY Giants team that we played back in 2012 with there pass rushers up the wazoo and there defense was this and that and half the board had us written off before a ball had been kicked.

Next minute hello 34-0 to us lol.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I remember a certain NY Giants team that we played back in 2012 with there pass rushers up the wazoo and there defense was this and that and half the board had us written off before a ball had been kicked.

Next minute hello 34-0 to us lol.

Yep.

Vikings are good but ATL is rounding into shape.  At home, we have a strong chance.

This just has the feel of the type of game Atlanta typically comes to play the last couple of seasons. Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay, Seattle...bring an NFC contender from outside the division into the dome and the Falcons tend to show up. 

That said, not bringing in a DB makes this feel like they are very focused on the division. Perhaps Tru and Free don't even play if they are cleared. 4 days rest is incredibly short for what will be the most important game, to that point, in the Falcons season (vs. NO). Don't be shocked if your left wondering where Julio is after Sunday's game. He'll play...but they will want him right vs. NO. 

All that said, if Ryan shows up sharp and our DL gets after their suspect OL, we can win. First sentence. 

It's really weird that the Vikings fans are just as nervous and predicting a loss as our fans. Fact is it's about a 50/50. Maybe 53/47 since were at home. 

No reason to believe we can't win this. Just capitalize on opportunities. We'd be at least 9-2 if we had just finished and capitalized on opportunities against MIA & CAR. We are very capable of winning. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

I think they might be the most complete team we have played in the last two years, and yes that includes Patriots in the SB. We have a chance if the offense has a mistake-free and exceptional day and the defense can limit them to a couple of TDs. On the other hand, it can also get very ugly.

The Falcons offense has looked good against good defenses before, so I would not be surprised to see Ryan have a decent day. It's the Falcons defense that has me somewhat worried because for all the good things they do, it usually only takes a few mistakes to derail them. The Falcons D needs to create turnovers in this game to win (pretty much the formula for most games), if they can do that, then I like our chances.