BEST WR? Julio or AB

Jerz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both incredibly good. Both can catch anything thrown at them. Thing with me is that A.B. is the type who has perfected his footwork and route running to a level that would put himself in league far above everyone in the NFL and most that has every done it if not for the fact that Julio is an other worldly naturally gifted athlete that happens to play the same position.

A.B. was born to play the WR spot, but Julio is an alien who just happen to choose to be a WR - the Men In Black should be investigating him.

Edited by The Vent King

4 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I love Julio! But, have to go with A.B only because  hes only 5'10 still he can do everything what Julio does. Also, he was drafted in 6th round ...when majority of teams didnt even want him.

Just imagine now if someone from Falcons had drafted Brown !!!!! 

He was drafted in the 6th only because people didn't know much about him. Also, he played QB in high school, and converted to WR. He started getting in trouble a little. If he could have gotten into Florida State, he would have easily been a 1st rounder.

10 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I love Julio! But, have to go with A.B only because  hes only 5'10 still he can do everything what Julio does. Also, he was drafted in 6th round ...when majority of teams didnt even want him.

Just imagine now if someone from Falcons had drafted Brown !!!!! 

Don't bring draft position into this. A player drafted in a later round who's equal to a player drafted in the first round isn't suddenly a better player. Better value for the team that drafted him? Sure. 

In that light the Steelers got Brown a lot cheaper then we got Julio. But then take a look at all the other teams that have been wasting first round picks on WR's. From that perspective Julio was pretty cheap as well.

As players this reminds me a bit of a Rice vs T.O/Moss argument . Julio is this force of nature while AB is this savvy route runner. Like someone said. This is 1A and 1B territory. Both wreck games, both are future hall of famers. But still gimme dat Julio Jones for a reason that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. Humbleness.

Edited by EuroFalcon

Brown is more consistent, durable, and incredible route runner. Julio has the better big play ability, is harder to bring down, and the better hands. I’d give the slight edge to Julio only because of his personality. He puts the team first and shows true maturity. Brown seems more interested in himself at times and has some childish antics 

15 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I’ve been saying this for years. Antonio Brown is the better NFL wide receiver. Julio is the more freakish athlete. 

AB has better hands and his Welker-ish size makes him shiftier and let’s him run better routes...AB also demands the ball.  Imagine if JJ demanded the ball.   Julio is more disruptive and creates opportunities for our other weapons.  In single coverage Julio is the only receiver ever to make 250/yards a very real possibility.  

# of players in NFL history with 2 games of 250 or more receiving yards?  1 = Julio

# of players in NFL history with 3 games of 250 or more receiving yards? 1 = Julio

Most per Game Receiving Yards NFL History?  Julio

Most receptions and total yards in first 90 games NFL History?  Julio

#1 NFL History playoff receiving yards per game:  Julio.

I will continue to roll with Julio Jones.  

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

AB fills the stat line and is dominant, but Julio is the better receiver.  His per game metrics are unmatched in football history.  To a man, if all 32 GM’s were anonymously polled, 32/32 would take the selfless one, Quintorris Jones.  

Okay, I'd say 31 out of 32.  The Steelers still take AB because they know him up close and personal.