I can admit when I'm wrong!

Tweenthehedges

These past few months have been very frustrating. Being a season ticket holder and PSL owner...sitting through let down after let down really starts to become old especially after spending thousands of dollars.

Even after reassurance from my father who is the biggest Falcons fan I know...I was still shaking my head and ready to throw in the towel... actually I believe I already had in some cases....but then during the game on Sunday...I saw something that I hadn't seen since the NFC championship game..(which I attended)... this offense has suddenly come alive... I saw those beautiful play action passes the run fakes and rollouts executed to perfection... fast physical minimal mistake football that I and everyone else has come to love. 

The defense still has a bit of work to do as far as closing these games out at the end but all in all...I believe and have a very strong feeling that our beloved Falcons are back. If everyone gets healthy then we are set up pretty good for another run. 

I apologize to my fellow fans, and Falcons players. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong and do hearby solemly swear to never stray again. 

Edited by Tweenthehedges

8 hours ago, Tweenthehedges said:

These past few months have been very frustrating. Being a season ticket holder and PSL owner...sitting through let down after let down really starts to become old especially after spending thousands of dollars.

Even after reassurance from my father who is the biggest Falcons fan I know...I was still shaking my head and ready to throw in the towel... actually I believe I already had in some cases....but then during the game on Sunday...I saw something that I hadn't seen since the NFC championship game..(which I attended)... this offense has suddenly come alive... I saw those beautiful play action passes the run fakes and rollouts executed to perfection... fast physical minimal mistake football that I and everyone else has come to love. 

The defense still has a bit of work to do as far as closing these games out at the end but all in all...I believe and have a very strong feeling that our beloved Falcons are back. If everyone gets healthy then we are set up pretty good for another run. 

I apologize to my fellow fans, and Falcons players. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong and do hearby solemly swear to never stray again. 

Apology accepted.

From what you write, you were still there, willing them to victory ... just ... a little disillusioned. 

No need to apologize for that in my book. I challenge anyone to say they were predicting a playoff run when we dropped to 4-4 at Carolina.

I've always thought being a fan has a lot more to do with sticking with your team no matter what than always keeping the faith or never saying an unkind word about them. Heck, the Falcons hear every curse word in my vocabulary every time they play a game. 

A lot has happened since that 4-4 day.

Let's make our run. 

I'll be watching (and cursing) the whole way. 

Totally understand during there scoring drought I decided I just couldn’t watch them the tv was on and just like they do that was the week they broke out and sucked me right back in.

I’m still not sold especially on the inability to close out games. Plus the offense is still not where I want it to be with the play calling but it’s getting better.

If we don’t get pressure on Keenum he will have a field day and with 2 games against the Saints I want to see how we stop Brees and Kamara

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

From what you write, you were still there, willing them to victory ... just ... a little disillusioned. 

No need to apologize for that in my book. I challenge anyone to say they were predicting a playoff run when we dropped to 4-4 at Carolina.

I've always thought being a fan has a lot more to do with sticking with your team no matter what than always keeping the faith or never saying an unkind word about them. Heck, the Falcons hear every curse word in my vocabulary every time they play a game. 

A lot has happened since that 4-4 day.

Let's make our run. 

I'll be watching (and cursing) the whole way. 

Honestly, I was.   I believe I've said it a few times including after the Carolina game.   I said I thought they would find it in the second half of the season - especially with more familiar foes.   Oddly - this season has gone about like I expected.  I knew a new co-ordinator - no matter how good, was going to struggle learning a new playbook - and getting in sync with the players.   Players, who, had their dreams snatched from them in a blink of an eye after working so hard to get there and controlling their own destiny and tasting victory - suddenly plunged into defeat.   They were the laughing stock - mocked and scorned in every venue.   Fans turned on them - the media constantly rehashing the "choke job".   28-3 slapped in their faces every time they opened their eyes.    I said it before the season - and I'll say it again.    There is no way they could have come out looking like the Champions they really were last year with that.   Then having all their coordinators move on.   Position coaches moving on.    

How could any of us have believed that they would immediately be World Beaters this year?    Honestly?    I said it then and I'll say it now .... it takes time.   Time to find the confidence they had snatched away despite all the talk.   

There is no guarantee that they will make the playoffs even now - but I honestly felt if they got it together soon enough, even after Carolina - they'd make a run.   I believe they will.   Only time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Honestly, I was.   I believe I've said it a few times including after the Carolina game.   I said I thought they would find it in the second half of the season - especially with more familiar foes.   Oddly - this season has gone about like I expected.  I knew a new co-ordinator - no matter how good, was going to struggle learning a new playbook - and getting in sync with the players.   Players, who, had their dreams snatched from them in a blink of an eye after working so hard to get there and controlling their own destiny and tasting victory - suddenly plunged into defeat.   They were the laughing stock - mocked and scorned in every venue.   Fans turned on them - the media constantly rehashing the "choke job".   28-3 slapped in their faces every time they opened their eyes.    I said it before the season - and I'll say it again.    There is no way they could have come out looking like the Champions they really were last year with that.   Then having all their coordinators move on.   Position coaches moving on.    

How could any of us have believed that they would immediately be World Beaters this year?    Honestly?    I said it then and I'll say it now .... it takes time.   Time to find the confidence they had snatched away despite all the talk.   

There is no guarantee that they will make the playoffs even now - but I honestly felt if they got it together soon enough, even after Carolina - they'd make a run.   I believe they will.   Only time will tell.

Ah, I misspoke ... because I do remember you saying that.

But really, when I'm making sweeping generalizations like that, you don't count - you're arguably the smartest and most loyal fan on here.

:D

Just now, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Ah, I misspoke ... because I do remember you saying that.

But really, when I'm making sweeping generalizations like that, you don't count - you're arguably the smartest and most loyal fan on here.

:D

I wouldn't go that far, but I have been a fan for a long time though and I've seen this before.   Hard to find such a heart wrenching loss - but I can point to the Titans right in the Georgia Dome for the Super Bowl as a devastating loss.   Buffalo - bless their hearts.

But the humiliation - and the age of social media had to multiply this.    I don't know where they will end up - but I think they finish strong and who knows where that will lead?     Next year I believe they will tear it up.  I am already getting my self set up for the Georgia Super Bowl - just in case.

Here - for my own sanity - let me add this after that last statement:

21462700_10212380540461480_3423147411719

RISE UP!

<_<

If if there’s anything this team has taught me it’s to not go all Desean Jackson and celebrate before breaking the plane.  As much as the last three weeks have been much more fun and we’ve looked like a different team since the Jets game I just can’t bring myself to believe we’ve turned that corner.  Competition is about to get MUCH stiffer starting Sunday.  

10 hours ago, JAxxSmooth said:

You'e stayed the course and didn't quit. As Falcons fan we've been through alot but I truly believe the days of having one good season followed by three bad or over. We're gearing up for another playoff run... We ride or die with our Squad

I think we will have a much better team next year. But that does not mean that a playoff run this year is not posssible. A strong finish this year, no matter the playoff outcome, is a head start for next season.

10 hours ago, Tweenthehedges said:

I would wait until after the season to see whether I needed to apologize or not. ;)

11 hours ago, Tweenthehedges said:

I think the NFL Gods have good things in store for the Falcons, since they have made the ultimate sacrifice. Giving up the Lombardy. It was their's by rights, and they will get it back soon! Carolina has also made that sacrifice, the Lombardy will be their's this year or next!

55 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I think the NFL Gods have good things in store for the Falcons, since they have made the ultimate sacrifice. Giving up the Lombardy. It was their's by rights, and they will get it back soon! Carolina has also made that sacrifice, the Lombardy will be their's this year or next!

Buffalo would like a word.. :lol:

My take.  Act like you've lost something before.  I've played football for many years, but I don't think that I fully understood the game until I became a student of the game.  Of course it looks easier when you're watching the game, than it does when you're playing.  One thing for sure.  When you have an awesome veteran playing QB, it makes things a lot easier for a team.  Trust me, that's on any level.  We also know that it's not how you start, but how you finish.  We came into the season with a few of our pieces missing, and revenge on our minds.  Redemption over Revenge.  We stopped worrying about the Patriots, and started focusing on ourselves.