The final results

marvinthemartian

He is the absolute best WR to ever play in Atlanta......including Rice who use to play in Atlanta every year when the Niners came to town. 

I am so thankful for Julio Jones and all of the coaches who had a hand in developing the player he is....including the ones who are no longer here.

Lastly, I want to thank his momma...for raising him right and making him the humble hurricane that he is!

"I'm not a stat guy. That would be selfish," Julio Jones said. "I just want to win."

So with that in mind....he wouldn't fit in Cleveland anyway. 

Oh and just to clarify.....the previous post was just to clarify why we have lost our minds over Julio.  It appears that he is back and no longer hindered by injury or playcalling or any other hindrance.

It does not in any way mean we have replaced Steve Sarkisian with Dirk Koetter!

Edited by lostnmexico

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

Cleveland got about 15 players (seemingly) in the trade that netted us Julio Jones. Since then we have been good to exceptional and they are, well, the Browns. I wouldn’t take the entire Cleveland Browns franchise straight up for Julio now. He truly is THAT good. 

I wouldn't trade a cup cake for the entire Cleveland Browns roster! They are a dumpster fire.

15 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Lol... first great game all year and we have lost our minds 

I swear I don't want to pile on but I'm trying to make a point about where the bar is...

Lol... first great game all year where he simultaneously may have proven he's the greatest receiver to ever play the game due to breaking multiple long standing records and we have lost our minds

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I swear I don't want to pile on but I'm trying to make a point about where the bar is...

Lol... first great game all year where he simultaneously may have proven he's the greatest receiver to ever play the game due to breaking multiple long standing records and we have lost our minds

Julio Jones is the ONLY WR in NFL history with 3 separate games with at least 250 yards receiving. No other WR in NFL history has more than 1 such game.

Julio Jones already ranks 90th in NFL history in receptions, 74th in receiving yards, and tied for 179th in NFL history in receiving touchdowns. He's got the most receptions, yards and touchdowns of any WR in NFL history in his first 90 career games. He's going to hold so many receiving records when he is done. He's gonna blow away the Falcons record book. Roddy White currently has all the Falcons marks for receptions, yards and touchdowns, but Julio is already close to those marks.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Julio Jones is the ONLY WR in NFL history with 3 separate games with at least 250 yards receiving. No other WR in NFL history has more than 1 such game.

Julio Jones already ranks 90th in NFL history in receptions, 74th in receiving yards, and tied for 179th in NFL history in receiving touchdowns. He's got the most receptions, yards and touchdowns of any WR in NFL history in his first 90 career games. He's going to hold so many receiving records when he is done. He's gonna blow away the Falcons record book. Roddy White currently has all the Falcons marks for receptions, yards and touchdowns, but Julio is already close to those marks.

Think about that part.

We aren't going to ever see a Falcon receiver like this ever again. He's a once in a lifetime type player and he's a Falcon.....appreciate it. You won't see it again wearing Red and Black.

P.S. Is the TD part right though?

10 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

The bar is quite high for Julio. Any other receiver could only dream of doing that once. And let's not forget 12 receptions 253 yards and 2 TDs is not his greatest game of his career so far.

He's actually on pace for a higher yardage total than last year.  His stats are more consistent and not as boom-or-bust though.  It's easy to forget that he had 4 games of 35 yds or less by this point last year.  This year he has one that low...when he was injured mid-game vs Buffalo.

25 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Think about that part.

We aren't going to ever see a Falcon receiver like this ever again. He's a once in a lifetime type player and he's a Falcon.....appreciate it. You won't see it again wearing Red and Black.

P.S. Is the TD part right though?

Yep. He's only got 43 for his career. Just for reference, Roddy had 63.

Link