Go Tell the Vikings - Clayborn, Poe, Jarrett and Beasley are coming.

parmenion

Though I have to admit the front four didn't paly that aggressive yesterday - I strongly believe they will be ready for next week.

Dan Quinn should take over if he hasn't already as Marquand Manuel looks like a deer in headlights on the bench.

We win them all with two things - 1) scoring 30 points and getting to the quarterback - Brees, Newton, Keenum and Winston

18 minutes ago, parmenion said:

Though I have to admit the front four didn't paly that aggressive yesterday - I strongly believe they will be ready for next week.

Dan Quinn should take over if he hasn't already as Marquand Manuel looks like a deer in headlights on the bench.

We win them all with two things - 1) scoring 30 points and getting to the quarterback - Brees, Newton, Keenum and Winston

You left out Brooks and Shelby!  Derrick Shelby has been playing as well as any of those guys especially against the run.  It ain´t all about sacks you know.  And while we are talking about sacks.....wheres Takk?  He has been our best rusher since Dallas.  Wow man.  Either get the message right or just plain don't warn em but I will agree with you on principal....that Minnesota Offensive Line better have plenty of Icy Hot and Coedine in the gym bag.  It's gonna be a long day!

Edited by lostnmexico

7 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

You can almost always tell when DQ is running the defense. Players are occasionally aligned in odd positions, or up on the line in press, and we run d line stunts quite a bit. For some reason MM doesn’t seem to run a lot of stunts. 

And these guys are supposed to be cut from the same cloth? IDK.

57 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

You can almost always tell when DQ is running the defense. Players are occasionally aligned in odd positions, or up on the line in press, and we run d line stunts quite a bit. For some reason MM doesn’t seem to run a lot of stunts. 

That seems like a bold assumption.  How do you know it's not Manuel dialing up the stunts when we are running them?  Has there been any confirmation that DQ has called any plays on D this year?   

9 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

That seems like a bold assumption.  How do you know it's not Manuel dialing up the stunts when we are running them?  Has there been any confirmation that DQ has called any plays on D this year?   

We weren’t running tons of stunts until it was confirmed DQ took over the defense in the KC game last year, and the stunts continued through to the Super Bowl. This year we really didn’t run many until about three games ago, and the defense played differently early in these game. It’s definitely noticeable. 

1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

We weren’t running tons of stunts until it was confirmed DQ took over the defense in the KC game last year, and the stunts continued through to the Super Bowl. This year we really didn’t run many until about three games ago, and the defense played differently early in these game. It’s definitely noticeable. 

You may be right.  I just wondered if maybe it was MM getting more comfortable with calling the game and putting the game plans together.  The same way we've seen Sark's play calling evolve the last 3-games.  I'd be interested to know, but DQ didn't admit to taking over play calling last year until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Brewcrew said:

I honestly think people are making assumptions.

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

He's not calling plays there were several times the camera panned to Manuel with his play sheet over his mouth and calling the plays

28 minutes ago, EJmusic said:

He's not calling plays there were several times the camera panned to Manuel with his play sheet over his mouth and calling the plays

And there were several where Quinn has been covering his mouth Just the same the past few games. It doesn’t have to be cut and dry only one guy calling it. 

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Manuel is still running the defense. I haven’t seen Quinn with a play card in his hand yet. I saw Manuel yesterday with the play card and yelling from the sideline. The stunts is based on who we play. We’ve faced a lot of running qb’s this year. Not good to stunt them as they will find a crease and take off. 

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

The defense has been running a lot of stunts and a wide variety of them since Quinn got here -- way before he took over playcalling last season.

33 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

The defense has been running a lot of stunts and a wide variety of them since Quinn got here -- way before he took over playcalling last season.

That's it,...Q expects the front 4 and *maybe* a blitzing LB to apply pressure. His zone cover drives me crazy, allowing the short dinks but so far it's been working fairly well. Q's defense is far from what he was using in Seattle, I contend. As in very few blitzes. Mike Smith brought more blitzes than Q did yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

That's it,...Q expects the front 4 and *maybe* a blitzing LB to apply pressure. His zone cover drives me crazy, allowing the short dinks but so far it's been working fairly well. Q's defense is far from what he was using in Seattle, I contend. As in very few blitzes. Mike Smith brought more blitzes than Q did yesterday.

They didn't blitz in Seattle. Every year they were at the bottom of the league in blitz percentage.

The big difference in what he's doing here is more man coverage.

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

The rate definitely changes. Yes we have run stunts the entire time but beginning 2016 vs end 2016. Total difference.