Jump to content

Trufant stepping up.


Recommended Posts

i have been a very vocal critic of Trufant this season, so it feels good to see him playing well as of late. The last few games he has played consistantly solid, instead of flashing promise like he had in the first half of the season. He is actually on track to have his best stats since his second season. I hope he is ok, as I am also a very vocal advocate for player's safety regarding concussions. The team is starting to come back together after unraveling for a bit. The Falcons never make anything easy, and if we win out we win the division. Get better Tru, because we need you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, athell said:

Tru is being Tru.  He has never had to "come around" or step up anything.  Some of ya'll just can't recognize how good of a talent he and are just now coming around to it, but he has been his same old reliable and excellent self.

He was garbage for the first 8 games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trufant set his own bar really high with his play early in his career. So when we criticize him it's because we are judging him against himself. 

He wasn't himself this season. I'm not looking at numbers, I'm looking at the confidence QBs have throwing his way compared to years past. The biggest sign of respect he had was QBs avoiding him. They don't avoid him anymore, at least not when we are in zone.

I think team scouts have recognized that his strength is in man but even then he hasn't shown good enough ball skills to fear going after him. So even though e locks his guy down 90% of the time, if you throw it at him he may get grabby and draw a flag or simply bat the ball away. 

All in all, I'd rather have him than not. But he has definitely come back to earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Trufant set his own bar really high with his play early in his career. So when we criticize him it's because we are judging him against himself. 

He wasn't himself this season. I'm not looking at numbers, I'm looking at the confidence QBs have throwing his way compared to years past. The biggest sign of respect he had was QBs avoiding him. They don't avoid him anymore, at least not when we are in zone.

I think team scouts have recognized that his strength is in man but even then he hasn't shown good enough ball skills to fear going after him. So even though e locks his guy down 90% of the time, if you throw it at him he may get grabby and draw a flag or simply bat the ball away. 

All in all, I'd rather have him than not. But he has definitely come back to earth.

He is still the least targeted CB this year. He got beat or had some bone headed penalties like every other CB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Tru was Tru for most of the season. People hyped up one or two bad plays. TATF needs whipping boys. 

Yup.

Just like Matthews.

He has been a rock  pretty much all year but people see one or 2plays and all of a sudden according to some idiots here he should just walk bwcause they "are tired of him"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, athell said:

Tru is being Tru.  He has never had to "come around" or step up anything.  Some of ya'll just can't recognize how good of a talent he and are just now coming around to it, but he has been his same old reliable and excellent self.

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree there. You seriously don't see a difference in his p;ay from the begining of the year? Go watch the highlights from the bears game. Tru is the one getting burned or run over on every big play they had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree there. You seriously don't see a difference in his p;ay from the begining of the year? Go watch the highlights from the bears game. Tru is the one getting burned or run over on every big play they had.

The Bears game was his first back after injury from last year.    he gets some cushion from me for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree there. You seriously don't see a difference in his p;ay from the begining of the year? Go watch the highlights from the bears game. Tru is the one getting burned or run over on every big play they had.

Cosigned, seriously. Or the Phins, Lions, Jets, or Bills games where he gave up easy lay up Tds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah we'll have to agree to disagree there. You seriously don't see a difference in his p;ay from the begining of the year? Go watch the highlights from the bears game. Tru is the one getting burned or run over on every big play they had.

There is a difference in everyone's play from the beginning of the year, yes.  Trufant has never been "garbage" as he was so affectionately called.  He was coming off injury last season, there was bound to be some rust and the defense as a whole looked off but he was never anywhere close to "garbage" or even bad.  People love to amplify mistakes for some reason and overlook the good things he has done.  He has been a top 10 corner this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...