Down goes Hardy

ya_boi_j

4 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Nice. What's the point of letting players celebrate if the camera is gonna pan away each time they score?! 

Because the league isn't sure what to do about it yet.

During one of the CBS halftime highlight extravaganzas, Bill Cower went off on a rant about how players don't respect the game anymore, when they were talking about the silly Brandin Cooks/Gronk celebration. Gronk said they weren't allowed to celebrate like that and he wasn't allowed to talk about it. Cower said most players don't know how to be respectful of the league, the Pats do and that is why they win. Nate Burelson had to tell him to chill. It was funny but somewhat uncomfortable for everyone there. I wish the old guard would let them have fun.

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

During one of the CBS halftime highlight extravaganzas, Bill Cower went off on a rant about how players don't respect the game anymore, when they were talking about the silly Brandin Cooks/Gronk celebration. Gronk said they weren't allowed to celebrate like that and he wasn't allowed to talk about it. Cower said most players don't know how to be respectful of the league, the Pats do and that is why they win. Nate Burelson had to tell him to chill. It was funny but somewhat uncomfortable for everyone there. I wish the old guard would let them have fun.

I have seen some celebrations that are "tasteless."  I think the majority I have seen are perfectly fine.  I think there is one school of thought that you should "Act like you have been there before" and they want to treat the game like these guys are all in an office wearing three piece suites with ties.  I understand that this is their place of work, but lets be real.  They are "PLAYING" a "GAME."  Things can be fun and light.  Most of us don't get to wear cleats and jersey's to work, spit on the floors and spike things at the end of a successful project.  Never had a problem with a celebration as long as it's not "tasteless."

Edited by isproab

27 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

I thought Hardy had an injury that we didn't hear about, glad to see that was not the case.  He's going to become increasingly important through the year, going back to his college days, he's got the best hands I've ever seen minus Jerry Rice.  

his hands are ridiculously large. It;s nice to see him running crisp routes, considering he didn't run traditional routes in college. He just has a natural ability to get open, which makes him a quick read when the defense is in a zone. He reminds me of Finneran, in that he knows how to find the soft spot in the zone. 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Yeah how dare they have fun while playing a game. The disrespect lol