The 2nd Annual "What Do Your Kids Want For Xmas" Thread.

Sponge

It's that time of year again where kids want something that has limited quantity, so you're forced to roam the earth to please them. Last year we almost lost @ya_boi_j in a sea of scalpers to find a Hatchimal for his kids. He survived and has only gained experience points to prepare him for this Xmas.

Mine is wanting this Nintendo 2DS Poke Ball edition. I got it online at Fry's with a promo code for $139.99

2ds-pokeball-hardware.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And she just pulled that bs *** toy out last week :argh:. This year I ordered the 2ds with super Mario kart on it and got her a sound moovs, no clue what that does. Kept it simple with baby girl. 

The Mario Kart 2DS is a great deal for $79.99 and it comes with Mario Kart preloaded on it so you don't have to spend another $30 for a game.

Wal-Mart has bicycles for $34.99 if anyone is looking for something "cheap and big" to fill in space around the tree Christmas morning.

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

My 13 year old daughter wants cowboy boots and a violin.  We got her the boots, her mom found a violin. 

The baby just wants to put her mouth on Otis.

My daughter wants cowboy boots too. Where did you get them and how much were they? I've never bought cowboy boots in my life. 

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Daughter wanted a Hatchimal. Sold. Son wants all kinds of stuff. Dude is getting some legos and some board games.

I'm cutting back quite a bit this year. My kids have so much crap that buying more stuff just adds to the crap. So, they aren't getting more crap.

I stopped by Family Dollar yesterday (to buy some deodorant) and behind the counter, up high, was a Hatchimal. I think it was $79.99. If you want me to pick it up for you, let me know and I can swing by after work.

I feel you on not spending so much when they already have too much. A week after Christmas, all the toys you spent your hard earned dollars for, and the time looking for them, will have all lost their "new toy" appeal and end up under the bed, on the floor, or in the closet.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

There is a Western and Farm Supply store in Phenix City that sells boots.  They're Ariat, they were on sale for about $150, normally $180. 

That's out of my price range since she probably will only wear them a couple of times a month. I need to find some no-name leather boots for around $50. Since your daughter is 13 and mine is 9, yours' will probably be more grateful and wear them a lot more. 

Just now, SpongeDad said:

That's out of my price range since she probably will only wear them a couple of times a month. I need to find some no-name leather boots for around $50. Since your daughter is 13 and mine is 9, yours' will probably be more grateful and wear them a lot more. 

Yours is still growing, I definitely wouldn't spend that much.  My daughter's foot is huge, I hope she's done growing.  She'll wear them every day it's cold, but she's not great at taking care of things.

2 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I stopped by Family Dollar yesterday (to buy some deodorant) and behind the counter, up high, was a Hatchimal. I think it was $79.99. If you want me to pick it up for you, let me know and I can swing by after work.

I feel you on not spending so much when they already have too much. A week after Christmas, all the toys you spent your hard earned dollars for, and the time looking for them, will have all lost their "new toy" appeal and end up under the bed, on the floor, or in the closet.

I found one at Walmart.

My kids are just spoiled. They are only "grandkids" on my wife's side, so they just get everything...

4 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Daughter wanted a Hatchimal. Sold. Son wants all kinds of stuff. Dude is getting some legos and some board games.

I'm cutting back quite a bit this year. My kids have so much crap that buying more stuff just adds to the crap. So, they aren't getting more crap.

Be glad she didn’t want a hatchimal last year. The **** I went through to see my daughter happy. .........**** thing isn’t even bigger than my fist. Didn’t even hatch properly. We had to peel the **** top off 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Be glad she didn’t want a hatchimal last year. The **** I went through to see my daughter happy. .........**** thing isn’t even bigger than my fist. Didn’t even hatch properly. We had to peel the **** top off 

Man, I bought my best friend's little brother a Teletubbie when they were big. A few of us went in to get him all 4 of them...

That dude got three, since they were sold out EVERYWHERE.

Same thing with the Tickle Me Elmo back in the day...

3 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

My two year old is getting a freaking Kindle from her grandparents. Apparently they make a Kindle Fire for kids. 

She's still in diapers yet she already knows how to operate tablets and smartphones. I was literally eating rocks at that age. 

My kids both have a Kindle Fire... My son got his when he was 4, daughter got hers last year...

18 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Man, I bought my best friend's little brother a Teletubbie when they were big. A few of us went in to get him all 4 of them...

That dude got three, since they were sold out EVERYWHERE.

Same thing with the Tickle Me Elmo back in the day...

Being a parent makes you appreciate your parents so much more lol. At first my oldest said she wanted a switch. Finessed her hard into wanting the DS. I was talking to my wife about how my mom was buying us stuff as a single mother yet I won’t come close to dropping $300 on a system for my own. I love her but she’s not ready for something that expensive yet. The hatchimal was an experience in itself

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Being a parent makes you appreciate your parents so much more lol. At first my oldest said she wanted a switch. Finessed her hard into wanting the DS. I was talking to my wife about how my mom was buying us stuff as a single mother yet I won’t come close to dropping $300 on a system for my own. I love her but she’s not ready for something that expensive yet. The hatchimal was an experience in itself

See, my family was POOOOOOR growing up. 4 kids, section 8, all that goodness. We didn't get JACK for Christmas. Socks, maybe some clothes, but nothing fun or cool. We did get a Nintendo one year, like 4 years after it came out.

My kids don't know poor. So, they're spoiled as all get out. I bought my son an electric Razor Scooter for his birthday, and this dude said "Thats it?"

So gift giving is going to be lite for a few years. About to teach these fools some lessons...

I don't have kids but my girl has two boys, 8 and 10. We wrapped 22 presents for them the day after Thanksgiving. That's just the stuff from their granddad. They'll both end up getting over 30 gifts. Some of it is pretty expensive. It's just crazy. They're pretty good kids but they have no concept of how most people live. What the heck do you give to kids that have everything imaginable? I got fired the day before Thanksgiving for inviting my boss to go have sex with himself. Should be a really awesome Christmas :/