SEC Championship: #2 Auburn vs #6 Georgia (the rematch!)

Carter

These two rivals are meeting for the first time ever to play for the SEC title. That is amazing.

Will Auburn clobber Georgia again?

Will Georgia prove that it was a fluke game at Auburn?

It’s impossible for me to be unbiased here, but I saw a lot of unforced errors by UGA in that loss. Have to give full credit to Auburn for capitalizing on those mistakes and controlling the line of scrimmage at home, but I think on a neutral site IF the Dawgs don’t shoot themselves in the foot and stay focused then it should be a much closer contest.

I think that loss happened at a point when Auburn was hitting their stride and UGA was kinda hitting a lull, but that could just be me being a homer. 

Georgia wins 27-24. GO DAWGS!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

These two rivals are meeting for the first time ever to play for the SEC title. That is amazing.

Will Auburn clobber Georgia again?

Will Georgia prove that it was a fluke game at Auburn?

It’s impossible for me to be unbiased here, but I saw a lot of unforced errors by UGA in that loss. Have to give full credit to Auburn for capitalizing on those mistakes and controlling the line of scrimmage at home, but I think on a neutral site IF the Dawgs don’t shoot themselves in the foot and stay focused then it should be a much closer contest.

I think that loss happened at a point when Auburn was hitting their stride and UGA was kinda hitting a lull, but that could just be me being a homer. 

Georgia wins 27-24. GO DAWGS!

Hope you're right Carter.........Go Dawgs!

No way it's a blowout again. The idea of a rematch worries me, it's hard enough to beat a team once, doing it twice is as tough of a task as it gets.  I think it can go either way, and it's guaranteed to be a great game.

I hope Kerryon is ok, they said he'll play, but I knew they were wearing him into the ground these last few games.  Incredibly stupid and arrogant of Chip and Gus to beat him up that much knowing we had a chance to be in the SEC championship and possibly playoffs. 

I was soo hoping auburn would beat bama so we could get a rematch.  This is one of the best rivalries in the history of college football.  What we saw in the last game was auburn's best game and UGA's worst game which ended in a blowout.  UGA did things in that game that we haven't seen all year long and that is what gives me confidence heading into this game.  That wasn't the team we have seen all year. 

This game is at a neutral site, but UGA will have the home field advantage.  Why that matters?  UGA's offensive line won't need to go to a silent count.  A silent count is a huge advantage to the defensive line.  People can downplay malzahn's comments about beating the dawg crap out of UGA, but that is huge at least early on.  It's a big enough game that neither team needs motivation, but when you make it personal and attack a team's manhood so to speak that takes it to another level.  UGA has the talent to respond and win the game.  I am picking UGA 27 to 20.  It should be a great game.  

35 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

We have to use DeAndre Swift as a decoy.  In the post game, auburn coaching staff focused on #7 when he was on the field.  Use him as that decoy to get others to move the ball.  Our TEs have to do something so the outside open up. 

Definitely need to get our TE's more involved. They are too talented to not use. Since we haven't used them much, we should be able to throw some wrinkles into this game. Quick passes to them and the RB's, should show down their DL. 

I don't think Auburn will be able to hold all those backs in check again and I would assume that we'll actually throw the ball a few times. I expect AU to beat us up front again but a screen or 3 should loosen things up a bit. Fromm is going to have to bring his A-game and stop staring down his primary read on every single pass. Wims is going to have to bail him out by winning a couple of jump balls and the entire team is going to have to play a lot smarter and with more urgency than we saw in the last game. I'm pretty hyped for this one. UGA-34, AU-24

6 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

No way it's a blowout again. The idea of a rematch worries me, it's hard enough to beat a team once, doing it twice is as tough of a task as it gets.  I think it can go either way, and it's guaranteed to be a great game.

I hope Kerryon is ok, they said he'll play, but I knew they were wearing him into the ground these last few games.  Incredibly stupid and arrogant of Chip and Gus to beat him up that much knowing we had a chance to be in the SEC championship and possibly playoffs. 

They had to run him against UGA and Bama though. You dont beat Bama without Kerryon

I think they have to use more of the playmakers on offense. We know they are going to stack the box to slow down Chubb and Sony. I think you have to run fromm some on the option reads. There shouldn't be no reason why we don't attack them through the air but the OL has to control the LOS. Finally you have to stop Kerryon and hit stidman early and often. We just can't have the same mental errors that showed up in the earlier matchup. I feel very confident that our dawgs are going to show out in the Benz this Saturday.