May cost Mike Smith another job

red falcon

Im not wishing it for sure but i didnt realize they basically run a cover 4 scheme. I know he ran a bend but dont break here but was is mostly cover 4? 

Julio was just running free. I was worried about tampa more than thr other two teams in the division at the beginning if the season but i was wrong.

That week 1 bye week probably isnt helping

Depends on whether the ownership has faith in Koetter or not. If not then they fire him and give the interim to Smith. If they do then he gets to sacrifice a coordinator or two. Since he runs the offense it will be Smith. 

Smith was a pretty good head coach in the NFL, so they may like having him finish the last four games and see where it goes from there.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Depends on whether the ownership has faith in Koetter or not. If not then they fire him and give the interim to Smith. If they do then he gets to sacrifice a coordinator or two. Since he runs the offense it will be Smith. 

Smith was a pretty good head coach in the NFL, so they may like having him finish the last four games and see where it goes from there.

Would be crazy cause thats what they did to lovey. But if they did it to him they would do it to dirk.

46 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Arthur-blank-Mike-Smith.jpg

LOL! This is like a scene from the Godfather movies. You should start a separate thread for this saying "Caption this photo". 

Mike Smith : "Just give me one more chance Aurthur, I wont call anymore time outs"

Arthur Blank : "Sorry Smitty, but your all out of time outs, time for you to take the ride out of town". 

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Im not wishing it for sure but i didnt realize they basically run a cover 4 scheme. I know he ran a bend but dont break here but was is mostly cover 4? 

Julio was just running free. I was worried about tampa more than thr other two teams in the division at the beginning if the season but i was wrong.

57 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

That whole coaching staff is in trouble. 

This is why I always thought we would be the favorite over the Sucks. No matter how talented they were as a team I figured their coaching staff would be their wait to bear.

With that said, I still think they are the second most "talented" team in the division, which is why yesterday was as competitive as it was. Not the coaching.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Yes Mike Smith has always ran variations of Cover-4 going all the way back to before he came here. Fans always assumed it was a cover-2 defense but it was quarters. 

Always liked it because it can morph into anything depending on the way receivers release and it creates a natural bracket on the #1 receiver. Never quite got it in place here but it looked like they we're coming along second half last year. 

I concur. I thought they would have posed the biggest threat because.

Yep, put me on the confession bench because I also thought that they would be trouble this year. I know that Ayers didn't play but for them to have the talent they have, it will be a hard sell to their ownership group (who already has an itchy trigger finger) and fanbase to bring back the coaching staff and GM if they continue to bottom out. And with the other three teams smelling playoffs, a division title, and possible homefield in the divisional round, they will be looking to tear the Bucs apart whenever possible in hopes of getting a leg up in the standings.

In other words, Koetter, Smith, and the gang are in trouble. Big trouble... 

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

We ran Cover 2

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yes Mike Smith has always ran variations of Cover-4 going all the way back to before he came here. Fans always assumed it was a cover-2 defense but it was quarters. 

Always liked it because it can morph into anything depending on the way receivers release and it creates a natural bracket on the #1 receiver. Never quite got it in place here but it looked like they we're coming along second half last year. 

Ah yep!

I guess with no pressure it fails. Dbs and speedy linebackers can only cover for so long.

4 hours ago, red falcon said:

I am with you in feeling Tampa was our biggest threat at the beginning of the season. 

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I guess with no pressure it fails. Dbs and speedy linebackers can only cover for so long.

Hard knocks curse.