Jump to content

Has anyone even looked at the opponents Minnesota has won against


Hard2BaBirdWachr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

Talking about the season as a whole not one game, don't be dense

I think they way they looked against Seattle was pretty re-assuring.  Everyone went into the game talking about the banged up secondary, but that defensive line was/is still one of the most potent in the league.  Outside of that one sack at the end, the pass pro held up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

The defense didn't let up last game. I think holding any team to 20 points is a good sign. We also lost a lot of our secondary with a lackluster pass rush because Fitz was getting the ball out fast.

I understand that the secondary issues presented a challenge.  It'd be easier to give them a pass for the 245 yards of offense TB put up in the second half if it weren't a recurring theme with this defense.  But they did rise up when it mattered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I think they way they looked against Seattle was pretty re-assuring.  Everyone went into the game talking about the banged up secondary, but that defensive line was/is still one of the most potent in the league.  Outside of that one sack at the end, the pass pro held up.

Talking about o line play as a whole, run blocking has been up and down all yr, same as our run defense, good game against jets bad game against bucs As far as run defense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The Vikings are a very good team. Don't kid yourself and think for one moment that the Viking's record is a product of a poor schedule. This game is going to be tough for the Falcons, because the Vikings play solid defense, and they have playmakers on offense.

Especially considering they've beaten us the last how many times we played? I genuinely can't remember lol but it seems like quite a few

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I understand that the secondary issues presented a challenge.  It'd be easier to give them a pass for the 245 yards of offense TB put up in the second half if it weren't a recurring theme with this defense.  But they did rise up when it mattered.

True. I wonder is it talent getting tired because of the fast and physical play, the coaches not adjusting or over adjusting when we get a lead, or could it be the other team adjusting better than us. Might be a factor of all three, but one thing I do know it's not just the falcons that do this in the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Sorry, I'm coming off like that.  

Mad's schtick at this point kinda is what it is.  Some of his posts from the tail end of 2016 when the Falcons were rolling and he was still predicting they wouldn't even make the playoffs still entertain me.  I was just curious what you were seeing -- namely that part where he said the offense is still out of sorts -- just curious your thoughts on what you say yesterday offensively.

I had no problem with the game yesterday...When I said i cant argue his assessment...I never mentioned anything about which part of his response i was talking about...but since you ask...the defense scares me at times....the O line at times and Special teams...that doesn't mean I dont like my team....I think we gone win the division...

Now stop jumping on me..lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Talking about o line play as a whole, run blocking has been up and down all yr, same as our run defense, good game against jets bad game against bucs As far as run defense

I agree.  Run blocking against those stout, physical d-lines, that's kinda good be what it is.  Just me, what I'm looking for is the pass pro to solidify.  If Matt has time, I like him and our weapons against any secondary. 

Run defense: yeah, the stats don't tell the whole story there from yesterday.  Wasn't in love with what I saw.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Vikings are the number one defense on 3rd down allowing 30% conversion. The Falcons have been red hot on 3rd downs over the last three weeks. Something has to give next week. I hope if Freeman returns that the offense balances the load more with Coleman and Freeman rather than just overfeeds Free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I agree.  Run blocking against those stout, physical d-lines, that's kinda good be what it is.  Just me, what I'm looking for is the pass pro to solidify.  If Matt has time, I like him and our weapons against any secondary. 

Run defense: yeah, the stats don't tell the whole story there from yesterday.  Wasn't in love with what I saw.    

are you concerned about our screen game on both sides bc I am. With the talent of freeman, coleman, gabriel, sanu, and julio we should be a great screen team and we are not, and on the opposite side of the ball we are not defending screens well at all either like last yr. Also like I said I agree on offense yesterday we were pretty flawless on offense except handling the blitz thought the o line could have done better and matt could have made a couple better throws against the blitz, but thats the vikings bread and butter coming through the A-Gaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

The Vikings are the number one defense on 3rd down allowing 30% conversion. The Falcons have been red hot on 3rd downs over the last three weeks. Something has to give next week. I hope if Freeman returns that the offense balances the load more with Coleman and Freeman rather than just overfeeds Free.

I think and hope we use both freeman and coleman more in the pass game this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The Vikings are the number one defense on 3rd down allowing 30% conversion. The Falcons have been red hot on 3rd downs over the last three weeks. Something has to give next week. I hope if Freeman returns that the offense balances the load more with Coleman and Freeman rather than just overfeeds Free.

I hope we don’t see 3rd Downs. Shanahan was agreesive on first and second down against tough 3rd down teams. Run, run and pass probably won’t work against Vikings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

are you concerned about our screen game on both sides bc I am. With the talent of freeman, coleman, gabriel, sanu, and julio we should be a great screen team and we are not, and on the opposite side of the ball we are not defending screens well at all either like last yr. Also like I said I agree on offense yesterday we were pretty flawless on offense except handling the blitz thought the o line could have done better and matt could have made a couple better throws against the blitz, but thats the vikings bread and butter coming through the A-Gaps.

I'm not really concerned about the screen game on the offensive side.  The timing of when they've been called the past few games has been on point.  Just been something stupid, or something with execution that's knocked them off.  That's one of those things where I think they'll start hitting them.  They cleaned up execution in other areas, I think they'll get that cleaned up, too.

 

Defensively, yeah, they aren't seeing it like they should, or I should say they aren't reacting like they should.  I can't tell if eyes are in the wrong place or if they are seeing it and just aren't trusting their eyes.  I remember one against Seattle, Deion just kind of stood there instead of shoot between the blocks.  

Teams have kind of started to use misdirection and these plays that throw off defensive keys to use our speed against us.  Seattle was doing things last Monday that I hadn't seen them do all year.  I think they'll make the adjustment, so I'm not too concerned yet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I'm not really concerned about the screen game on the offensive side.  The timing of when they've been called the past few games has been on point.  Just been something stupid, or something with execution that's knocked them off.  That's one of those things where I think they'll start hitting them.  They cleaned up execution in other areas, I think they'll get that cleaned up, too.

 

Defensively, yeah, they aren't seeing it like they should, or I should say they aren't reacting like they should.  I can't tell if eyes are in the wrong place or if they are seeing it and just aren't trusting their eyes.  I remember one against Seattle, Deion just kind of stood there instead of shoot between the blocks.  

Teams have kind of started to use misdirection and these plays that throw off defensive keys to use our speed against us.  Seattle was doing things last Monday that I hadn't seen them do all year.  I think they'll make the adjustment, so I'm not too concerned yet.  

hope so on offense they missed ques two weeks in a row, I agree the calls have been great, im talking about the execution. last week against the seahawks coleman could have had 20 to 30 yds on a screen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

hope so on offense they missed ques two weeks in a row, I agree the calls have been great, im talking about the execution. last week against the seahawks coleman could have had 20 to 30 yds on a screen

Coleman slipped on one.  Wagner blew up another one.  I know Wright got through traffic and got around Gabriel's legs on another in the Seattle game -- didn't like that call.  I'm trying to remember what happened on the other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

The wins over the opponents they've beaten doesn't impress me AT ALL. The Lions almost edged out a win over them Thursday and the Steelers beat them soundly.

Did you watch the games? I've seen parts of about 4 of their games and to me they fit Quinn's saying "Do right longer". They're offense is decent, but their defense makes teams look like they are stuck in the mud. Defense gives the offense the ball back pretty quickly, so they get plenty of opps. The Viks are a team I'd expect shanny to light-up, so Sark has got to be on his Ps + Qs this week regarding the game plan (If we have a good showing against the Vikes I'll be on the Sark bandwagon again). Viks are very good at lulling you to sleep and a single turnover could change the whole game. I don't see us getting big numbers on the ground with them, so this means the ball is going to be in the air a lot. To me, this means we have to scheme plays who's design will help protect Matt (I don't believe we are physical beat them playing old fashion power football)  . If we can do that we Win. I do expect our defense to show up in playoff mode. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2017 at 6:46 AM, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

The wins over the opponents they've beaten doesn't impress me AT ALL. The Lions almost edged out a win over them Thursday and the Steelers beat them soundly.

You don't think wins over the saints or rams are quality?  They are a good team fellas. Don't try and rationalize 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...