Has anyone even looked at the opponents Minnesota has won against

Hard2BaBirdWachr

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Like I said yesterday. They’ve beaten the teams they were supposed to beat. No gimmie in the nfl. They have zero control over how their opponents record ends. And they play the same exact schedule as the falcons minus 2 games. 

Minnesota doesn't play the Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, or Jets this year. So that's at least minus 4 games by my count

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Like I said yesterday. They’ve beaten the teams they were supposed to beat. No gimmie in the nfl. They have zero control over how their opponents record ends. And they play the same exact schedule as the falcons minus 2 games. 

I agree wholeheartedly but the point I'm trying to make is that while we layed an egg against a couple of teams we shoulda beat, I think that we have hit our stride at the right time and that we can surely come out on top if we just play our game. For some reason I believe our offense will give them trouble. Now our defense? That's another story but I'm not gonna call this an automatic loss like some on these threads are.

1 hour ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I agree wholeheartedly but the point I'm trying to make is that while we layed an egg against a couple of teams we shoulda beat, I think that we have hit our stride at the right time and that we can surely come out on top if we just play our game. For some reason I believe our offense will give them trouble. Now our defense? That's another story but I'm not gonna call this an automatic loss like some on these threads are.

Here’s the thing, you can’t worry about what the next person thinks. It’s not an automatic loss but it definitely isn’t one to overlook. They are very good. The falcons are finally bringing it together. It’ll be a good matchup but you can’t put much stake into who they’ve played

Uh, yea, I am not underestimating or overlooking the Vikings, even as a fan. They have an extremely disciplined, well-coached solid defense with a good defensive mind in Mike Zimmer as HC. They also aren't too shabby on offense with a few playmakers.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yall pay attention yo Ya Boi, he is absolutely right on the money.

The Laundry List for how all teams reach the Post Season:

I would like to add onto his comment because this is the way it works in the NFL and comes from decades of following this game.

1, Stay Healthy,,while not overstationg the obvious, even a sub average team can reach the post season.

2. Win the games you are supposed to win. Yep every week the NFL is different due to injury bugs.

3. Win half or better of the games that you are evenly matched.

4. Win some of the games that you are "supposed" to lose.

Sumary: Stay Healthy and Win, Win, Win. and that comes from Coaching / Planning and Player Accountability.

Just now, Karst41 said:

Yall pay attention yo Ya Boi, he is absolutely right on the money.

The Laundry List for how all teams reach the Post Season:

I would like to add onto his comment because this is the way it works in the NFL and comes from decades of following this game.

1, Stay Healthy,,while not overstationg the obvious, even a sub average team can reach the post season.

2. Win the games you are supposed to win. Yep every week the NFL is different due to injury bugs.

3. Win half or better of the games that you are evenly matched.

4. Win some of the games that you are "supposed" to lose.

Sumary: Stay Healthy and Win, Win, Win. and that comes from Coaching / Planning and Player Accountability.

Minus the last part in that post :ninja:

And what amazing teams have we beaten?? It's the NFL no team is easy to beat. We lost against Buffalo and Miami (who has a -100 point differential on the season) so let's not act like we have been some kind of dominant team this year. The Vikings have played a considerably tougher schedule than the Eagles and may be the best team in the NFC so far. If we play the way we have played the last few games and considering the home field advantage we certainly have a good chance to win,, but if we revert to playing like we did against Buffalo, Miami, New England, we will get absolutely smoked. We need to bring our A game in this one.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

10 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

They have the afternoon game, we have the early game and philly/Seattle sunday night... one **** of a day for NFC playoff positioning 

Now that think about it...the following week also

Falcons vs Saints

Seahawks vs Jaguars

Panthers vs Vikings

Eagles vs Rams

Edited by RING OF HONOR