Pass Rush

New Hope Eagle

we play against two very mobile Qb's and have them running all over the field.  11 sacks

we play an almost statue and it just didn't seem we could get there.  I know Fitz is a very smart Qb and got rid of the ball real quick but I honestly expected more from the D line.

1 sack and outside of that seemed we only even touched him a few times.

A big part of it comes down to covering receivers in close, pass rush doesn't stand a chance when they have the quick pass open in front of them.

That said (not to single him out) but at this stage I expect Beasley to start straight up getting past those tackles similar to Miller.

They lost 2 starting OL and we got 1 sack...

35 minutes ago, New Hope Eagle said:

we play against two very mobile Qb's and have them running all over the field.  11 sacks

we play an almost statue and it just didn't seem we could get there.  I know Fitz is a very smart Qb and got rid of the ball real quick but I honestly expected more from the D line.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, YoungHeezy said:

Fitz ended up averaging 6.4 yards and attempt on 44 throws. He was well aware of what the pass rush had been doing  

When a dude is letting it go that quick.....well you can't get to him.

****, even when Takk got to him it was still a three step drop with great coverage.

The Buc's game plan was to get the ball out quickly, as they averaged 6.4 per pass completion today.  They really only took several shots down the field, so it was less about our guys not getting home as it was about Tampa's game plan.  Fitzpatrick isn't that great from a physical standpoint, but he is a smart quarterback.  

2 hours ago, New Hope Eagle said:

They were causing pressure and getting hits but not many sacks. 

I too expected more against a practice squad caliber o-line

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We are not the #4 sack team in the league. That was inflated by Clayborn's criminal abuse of the Cowboy tackle. We dropped to seventh today and will likely finish in the bottom half if we keep rushing four five sackers.

Lol you probably still want Dez and the 3 picks over Julio to mate.

Bottom half our pass rush is doing just fine.

Talk too me about gap control then you might have something.

2 hours ago, New Hope Eagle said:

You simply aren't taking into account the varying degrees of OL the DL faces week to week.

Probably a combination of things but even with Tampa getting rid of the ball quickly I need folks to recognize that we faced Chaz Green one week and a bad Seattle Oline the next.  I'm not ready to say that we're ready to compete with Sacksonville when it comes to getting after the QB.

The revamped Vikes Oline has looked good so I'd expect us to have a tougher time getting to Keenum next week as well.

i was not expecting 5-10 sacks.  just some more pressure than i thought we got today.  Fitz scrambled very little and isnt near as mobile as what we faced last few weeks.  

Dak and wilson throws a lot of quick passes and we took that away from them both.

just thought it would be easy to do today.

It very well could have been all the reasons mentioned here in this thread.

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Its the thing with very good game managers. They get the ball out of their hands on the safest throws. They are annoying. Can't sack them, can't pick them.

They can’t kill you though. Stop the run, and they’re done. Held them under 100 yards running and the game manager averaged 6.4 yards per pass on 44 throws. Meanwhile the offense gets 530 yards of scrimmge. Nice team win

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

They can’t kill you though. Stop the run, and they’re done. Held them under 100 yards running and the game manager averaged 6.4 yards per pass on 44 throws. Meanwhile the offense gets 530 yards of scrimmge. Nice team win

This is true, but it explains the lack of sacks. This coming from a guy who LOVES a good sack.