• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

True. That is true. But his agent is probably advising him on the numbers he could probably get on the opening market. Atl will have to come close to it

This is true and everybody wants that payday. I look at it like the way Alf handles his pay day. He could’ve gone somewhere in the open market and got #1 corner money but he wanted to stay here because he saw the vision. It’ll be up to Coleman in the end. If he believes in the vision he’ll stay and get a nice extension that would make him happy. Gonna be hard now tho. 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

it does though lol nobody will turn down money lol

There are some that value winning more than money. Reggie white could’ve gotten more money but he chose GB cause he wanted to win. Brady takes pay cuts to stay in NE and keep a good team together. Jordan was only the highest paid player the last championship they won. He took less money to keep a good team together. Depends on how he feels moving forward and what he can get on the open market being the man. GB would love him tho. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

This is true and everybody wants that payday. I look at it like the way Alf handles his pay day. He could’ve gone somewhere in the open market and got #1 corner money but he wanted to stay here because he saw the vision. It’ll be up to Coleman in the end. If he believes in the vision he’ll stay and get a nice extension that would make him happy. Gonna be hard now tho. 

I agree. Coleman will have a tough decision to make

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

There are some that value winning more than money. Reggie white could’ve gotten more money but he chose GB cause he wanted to win. Brady takes pay cuts to stay in NE and keep a good team together. Jordan was only the highest paid player the last championship they won. He took less money to keep a good team together. Depends on how he feels moving forward and what he can get on the open market being the man. GB would love him tho. 

Brady's wife is worth more than any player in the NFL. He is in a unique situation. I believe that plus his endorsement money plays a big part in that

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

It literally happened today in the game thread like 3 times

That doesn't count. The  game thread is a vent channel. People express their frustrations, usually understanding they are not representative of life of planet earth. What is said in the heat of a sports fan passion is easily forgiven and best forgotten. 

@lostnmexico, I'm always comparing Coleman to Norwood in how he seems to lose his footing easily. They're just alike in that. It's not hating on Coleman, or taking anything away from him, or saying he's not good. Coleman is a great back. Just pointing out how easily he slips and trips. As usual many here overreact to something without really understanding what's being said. Don't be such snowflakes every time somebody says something you don't like, especially when you're misinterpreting what's being said as hating on the person. In this case it's not. 

30 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

See Klay Thompson at Golden State Warriors.

24 minutes ago, fuego said:

@lostnmexico, I'm always comparing Coleman to Norwood in how he seems to lose his footing easily. They're just alike in that. It's not hating on Coleman, or taking anything away from him, or saying he's not good. Coleman is a great back. Just pointing out how easily he slips and trips. As usual many here overreact to something without really understanding what's being said. Don't be such snowflakes every time somebody says something you don't like, especially when you're misinterpreting what's being said as hating on the person. In this case it's not. 

Never said you were hating on Coleman.  My comments:

It is frustrating how much the National Media appreciates Tevin Coleman yet some members of our fanbase continue to compare him to Jerious Norwood.  Coleman is far and away one of the better backs in the league and being able to pair him with Freeman is a blessing!  Hope to see him more involved in the passing game once Freeman returns.

Your comments:  Don't be like snowflakes, every time somebody says something you don't like, especially when you're misinterpreting what's being said as hating on a person.

What?  If you read my comments, I stated frustration that Coleman was appreciated by the national media while some of our fan base compare him to Norwood.  I dont think I interpreted anything just statements of fact. I see no overreaction at all amigo.

I then made my point that Coleman was far and away one of the better backs in the league.  If anyone is misinterpreting anything here it appears to be you as I never interpreted anything nor accused anyone of hating on Coleman. And to accuse me of being a snowflake?  Man....I am in Mexico.  It never snows where I am!  I am however a White dude in Mexico so maybe I understand the comment but how could you know that?

In any event, this thread is about Coleman's true value to Atlanta and the need to appreciate the man for what he brings to the team. I believe that was my point and all that was said other than I hope to see him more involved. 

Oh....and I want to see him resigned too!

Edited by lostnmexico
11 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Never said you were hating on Coleman.  My comments:

It is frustrating how much the National Media appreciates Tevin Coleman yet some members of our fanbase continue to compare him to Jerious Norwood.  Coleman is far and away one of the better backs in the league and being able to pair him with Freeman is a blessing!  Hope to see him more involved in the passing game once Freeman returns.

What?  If you read my comments, I stated frustration that Coleman was appreciated by the national media while some of our fan base compare him to Norwood.  I dont think I interpreted anything just statements of fact. I see no overreaction at all amigo.

Sure sounds like you're saying some of us are hating by comparing him to Norwood. I don't know how to take what you said any other way. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Most people who turn down money to play for a contender already had good contracts.  I want Teco to stay as I've always been a huge fan but he is deserving of market value and get his while he is able.  Most RBs have short shelf lives and he will need that money for life after football.

14 minutes ago, fuego said:

Sure sounds like you're saying some of us are hating by comparing him to Norwood. I don't know how to take what you said any other way. 

You really are overly sensitive amigo: 

National Media quoted saying positive things about Coleman.  fuego posting that Coleman reminds him of Jerious Norwood falling down all the time and can't keep his footing.

I never said or accused anyone of hating.  I just brought light to comments by the National Media and comments you posted.

You and anyone else on this board can draw their own conclusions but stop baiting other board members and insulting them calling them snowflakes when they have done nothing to offend you. 

We have differing opinions on the board sometimes and must respect each other amigo.

Edited by lostnmexico