Saints

Falconsfan567

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing separating us from CAR/NO is draft class.

Love Takk and he seems to be working out but after that it just hasn't been much production from the rooks this year. CAR and NO are getting production from rooks at the skill position.

The BUF game sticks out as a game where the offense sputtered when we were down our top receivers. Would have definitely helped to have a guy like Golladay or Godwin.

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Love Takk and he seems to be working out but after that it just hasn't been much production from the rooks this year. CAR and NO are getting production from rooks at the skill position.

The BUF game sticks out as a game where the offense sputtered when we were down our top receivers. Would have definitely helped to have a guy like Golladay or Godwin.

Eh, the rookies for the panties and aints are contributing because at those positions they have no talent.  We didn't have nearly as strong of a draft class this year as the last two, but we also didn't need a bunch of starters out of the draft to field an NFL caliber team.  NO and Car did.

4 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Eh, the rookies for the panties and aints are contributing because at those positions they have no talent.  We didn't have nearly as strong of a draft class this year as the last two, but we also didn't need a bunch of starters out of the draft to field an NFL caliber team.  NO and Car did.

We needed depth at WR and it will be a focal point after this season though. Hardy doesn't get consistent separation and we don't know if Gabriel is coming back.

But I guess you can apply offensive sputters to every team when their top receiver goes out.

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

People forget we went to Superbowl with youngest draft class ...still youngest in league how can you have a better draft than what we had. 

We didnt have much holes to fill in

1 hour ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

No that would actually be the worst outcome if they both tied. Instead of one team losing they both get a .5 lead over us.

No it wouldn't. Both are 1 game ahead of the Falcons. A tie makes it harder for them to make the playoffs to make the playoffs since a tie counts as both half a win and half a loss in the standings. I think the Falcons will lose to the Vikings. But the Falcons still have the chance to win the division even at 11-5.

But here's why I want a tie and why I think it's the best scenario for the Falcons. If the Panthers and Saints both finish at 10-5-1 and the Falcons at 11-5 with the Falcons loss being to the Vikings, the Falcons make the playoffs as division champs, and both the Saints and Panthers make the playoffs as the WC team. If one or the other wins then the winner makes it while the loser doesn't and instead the Seahawks are in the playoffs as the 6th seed. I don't want the Seahawks in the playoffs. I'm sick of seeing them.

Here is how I think it will shake out Link

2 hours ago, stizz said:

We needed depth at WR and it will be a focal point after this season though. Hardy doesn't get consistent separation and we don't know if Gabriel is coming back.

But I guess you can apply offensive sputters to every team when their top receiver goes out.

Not top receiver, top receivers, and not only that but the two big guys who were safety valves.

Most teams would be hurting badly if their top WR went out, we were set up to be just fine if it happened as long as one of Sanu or Julio were healthy, could even afford to lose one of the smaller guys, even Gabriel and be okay with all of our receiving weapons and backs that can catch.

But both Julio and Sanu was the one thing that couldn't happen and did. It turned us into a team of midgets without a reliable possession receiver at a time when Hooper was playing some of his worst ball.

Not that we can't use a little WR depth, but our depth isn't bad, the team is just not made up to lose both the top targets. No team is.

10 hours ago, stizz said:

Who has been so great for CAR? McCaffery has been better as of late but he’s been underwhelming for a top 10 pick. Their next 3 guys they drafted (Samuel, Moton, Hall) haven’t done much. 

12 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

See @osiruz? And just like that we’re only one game out of 1st place. We can still win the division. If we beat the Vikes and split with the saints we’d own the tie breaker over them because of the vikes game. 

We aren't out of the grave we dug ourselves yet. I'll celebrate once we beat the vikes and stains.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No it wouldn't. Both are 1 game ahead of the Falcons. A tie makes it harder for them to make the playoffs to make the playoffs since a tie counts as both half a win and half a loss in the standings. I think the Falcons will lose to the Vikings. But the Falcons still have the chance to win the division even at 11-5.

But here's why I want a tie and why I think it's the best scenario for the Falcons. If the Panthers and Saints both finish at 10-5-1 and the Falcons at 11-5 with the Falcons loss being to the Vikings, the Falcons make the playoffs as division champs, and both the Saints and Panthers make the playoffs as the WC team. If one or the other wins then the winner makes it while the loser doesn't and instead the Seahawks are in the playoffs as the 6th seed. I don't want the Seahawks in the playoffs. I'm sick of seeing them.

Here is how I think it will shake out Link

A half lost is better than a full one. If they both tie and we all win 10 games both the Saints and the Panthers are ahead of us in standings. I much rather one team lose, but at the end of the day it's all a moot point. If the Falcons take care of business and win out we will get the #2 seed(maybe #1 seed if the Eagles implode but I doubt it).