Allen and Ish Play Madden on Falcons Halo Board.

Sponge

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Man I couldn’t play like that. That far away and at that angle. Lol

When I saw the video yesterday I said to myself it would be cool playing on that big *** screen. Then I noticed how small everything looked from where they were sitting and told myself nahhhhhhh

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

When I saw the video yesterday I said to myself it would be cool playing on that big *** screen. Then I noticed how small everything looked from where they were sitting and told myself nahhhhhhh

That’s the same reaction I have. I’m used to playing from my desktop on a computer monitor, there’s no going back for me. Can’t even play from my couch to my TV anymore lol.  

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

That’s the same reaction I have. I’m used to playing from my desktop on a computer monitor, there’s no going back for me. Can’t even play from my couch to my TV anymore lol.  

That’s all I’m accustomed to. I tried playing on a smaller screen for a little while and I hated it. I don’t even like playing on a 32 anymore lol. Gotta be 49-60 for me. 55 just right

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hmm, I should try it then. Have you played both a good amount? 

For the most part. Comp online, sim against the cpu. Sim mode you’re gonna get a few more penalties, not many. For the most part it’s almost similar to comp except comp is a lot more user friendly. Depending on the overall of the player you may get away with an aggressive catch on sim but it’s rare especially if the coverage is tight. Fumbles don’t happen often for me either.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

For the most part. Comp online, sim against the cpu. Sim mode you’re gonna get a few more penalties, not many. For the most part it’s almost similar to comp except comp is a lot more user friendly. Depending on the overall of the player you may get away with an aggressive catch on sim but it’s rare especially if the coverage is tight. Fumbles don’t happen often for me either.

What makes you choose Sim over Comp? I think penalties are super annoying and unnecessary unless the user commits them. 

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What makes you choose Sim over Comp? I think penalties are super annoying and unnecessary unless the user commits them. 

It just adds to the realism for me. I even turn them up by 10% lol. But even with that penalties still come a dime a dozen. Worst you’re gonna get is false start or holding on a big play. Still no pass interference or anything major like unnecessary roughness like they had last year

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It just adds to the realism for me. I even turn them up by 10% lol. But even with that penalties still come a dime a dozen. Worst you’re gonna get is false start or holding on a big play. Still no pass interference or anything major like unnecessary roughness like they had last year

That’s just it, I’m not a fan of the “realism” when it comes to video games. I’m super competitive lol. And I’m a pretty good player. So I hate when the AI commits some dumb penalty that screws me out of a well executed play call. My buddies and I have all agreed to decline all penalties unless it’s user committed 

Edited by JD dirtybird21

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s just it, I’m not a fan of the “realism” when it comes to video games. I’m super competitive lol. And I’m a pretty good player. So I when the AI commits some dumb penalty that screws me out of a well executed play call. My buddies and I have all agreed to decline all penalties unless it’s user committed 

I feel ya. I’d be lying if I said I was good. I’m competitive but far from good lol. There’s only one person I can’t beat to save my life and that’s my brother in law. That ******* always end up getting a lucky play(he claims skill) to end the game. Probably wins by a touchdown or less every time we play

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I feel ya. I’d be lying if I said I was good. I’m competitive but far from good lol. There’s only one person I can’t beat to save my life and that’s my brother in law. That ******* always end up getting a lucky play(he claims skill) to end the game. Probably wins by a touchdown or less every time we play

You sound like a true madden player with those words haha. Losing sucks. “Lucky” is a word we use a lot on each other as well lol

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So that's why I get those BS penalties when we play????

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You sound like a true madden player with those words haha. Losing sucks. “Lucky” is a word we use a lot on each other as well lol

Man this dude caught a tipped ball on me to end the game once. That rarely happens lol. 

4 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

So that's why I get those BS penalties when we play????

You just can’t see me lol

51 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s all I’m accustomed to. I tried playing on a smaller screen for a little while and I hated it. I don’t even like playing on a 32 anymore lol. Gotta be 49-60 for me. 55 just right

My monitor is 24 inches but I’m only about a foot from it. Really high refresh rate and good color. Eventually I’m going to upgrade to a 4K HDR monitor when I get the cash and it becomes a little more cost effective I’ll get one.