Jump to content

Is Nick Saban's run at Alabama over?


tl;dr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

I think thats exactly right.  If Oklahoma and Wisconsin win, Bama is out.  Otherwise, who else are you going to put in ahead of them?

Ohio State should not make it in over Alabama, but they probably will. Ohio State lost at home to Oklahoma by 15, and by 31 to a 7-5 Iowa team. I don't see how that team should get in over Alabama, but they likely will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

Now this guy right here, he views Alabama just like all Falcons fans view the Falcons "omg 11-1, we lost to Auburn, we lost the title game last year, fire everyone!" As for me, im a Vols fan....im allowed to say fire everyone.

I mean am I wrong about all of the observations I had? Alabama has superior talent to everyone, but makes so many mental mistakes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t win it every year. Sometimes others are just gonna be good too. Saban lost some great assistants in the last couple years and the guys he brought in to replace them don’t seem to be on the same level. Bama had several injuries in the back half of the season that altered some things also. 

Is Saban done at Bama? Highly doubtful. It just wasn’t yalls year this time. Auburn has gotten hot and Bama has been going cold for a few weeks now. Time to get those bowl practices in and work toward next season. 

Bama would almost assuredly lose in the first round of the playoff if they squeeze in at 4 somehow. They just aren’t playing that level of ball at this point. They will definitely be in one of the New Years six bowls though. Just hope they don’t draw UCF and really get embarrassed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Carter said:

Can’t win it every year. Sometimes others are just gonna be good too. Saban lost some great assistants in the last couple years and the guys he brought in to replace them don’t seem to be on the same level. Bama had several injuries in the back half of the season that altered some things also. 

Is Saban done at Bama? Highly doubtful. It just wasn’t yalls year this time. Auburn has gotten hot and Bama has been going cold for a few weeks now. Time to get those bowl practices in and work toward next season. 

Bama would almost assuredly lose in the first round of the playoff if they squeeze in at 4 somehow. They just aren’t playing that level of ball at this point. They will definitely be in one of the New Years six bowls though. Just hope they don’t draw UCF and really get embarrassed.

Yep, Bama has a terrible history of landing in disappointing New Years bowls less than caring and getting hit in the mouth by group of 5 teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Carter said:

Can’t win it every year. Sometimes others are just gonna be good too. Saban lost some great assistants in the last couple years and the guys he brought in to replace them don’t seem to be on the same level. Bama had several injuries in the back half of the season that altered some things also. 

Is Saban done at Bama? Highly doubtful. It just wasn’t yalls year this time. Auburn has gotten hot and Bama has been going cold for a few weeks now. Time to get those bowl practices in and work toward next season. 

Bama would almost assuredly lose in the first round of the playoff if they squeeze in at 4 somehow. They just aren’t playing that level of ball at this point. They will definitely be in one of the New Years six bowls though. Just hope they don’t draw UCF and really get embarrassed.

I agree with everything written here.  Saban, in my opinion, is the greatest college football coach in history.  He has had an enormous amount of coaching turnover lately and his team suffered many key injuries.  

No one is entitled to win every year.  I think Alabama will be in the thick of the championship run next season.  For a down year, this was a pretty good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know you're good when someone creates this thread every time you lose (which is about once a year).  This was a down Alabama team and still managed to go 11-1, losing only to a hot Auburn team on the road the last week of the season.  I think Alabama and Saban will be just fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

I agree with everything written here.  Saban, in my opinion, is the greatest college football coach in history.  He has had an enormous amount of coaching turnover lately and his team suffered many key injuries.  

No one is entitled to win every year.  I think Alabama will be in the thick of the championship run next season.  For a down year, this was a pretty good one.

The Great Bear Bryant didn't win every game......and that's the measuring stick for a Bama coach. Saban deserves a little wiggle room for what he has done.....and loosing to a red hot Auburn won't cost him his job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I mean am I wrong about all of the observations I had? Alabama has superior talent to everyone, but makes so many mental mistakes. 

Its easy to do when every single team in not only the SEC but in all college football has a target on your back, next to winning their conference championships and rivalry games Alabama is the team everyone wants to kick the spit out of. Alabama is the New England Patriots of college football and pretty much if your not Roll Tide you hate Alabama next to your rivals. That being said, Auburn has a special hate for Alabama and those games will ALWAYS be close, if Auburn is 0-11 they will treat the Iron Bowl like the NCG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

That's only happened once lol. 

Was laughing to myself on that one. Glad someone responded. 

As to the OP, I doubt it's the end of the "run", though the gap may be narrowing significantly. Kirby eating into the Georgia pipeline of recruits is limiting both Bama and Auburn, and Auburn not rolling over in state prospects. Couple that with some uninspired hires to replace recent staff attrition, and the recruiting is suffering extra this year. Waiting to see how they are able to recover. If they pull off a bunch of the flips that people have mentioned as possible, probably still a top five class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Was laughing to myself on that one. Glad someone responded. 

As to the OP, I doubt it's the end of the "run", though the gap may be narrowing significantly. Kirby eating into the Georgia pipeline of recruits is limiting both Bama and Auburn, and Auburn not rolling over in state prospects. Couple that with some uninspired hires to replace recent staff attrition, and the recruiting is suffering extra this year. Waiting to see how they are able to recover. If they pull off a bunch of the flips that people have mentioned as possible, probably still a top five class. 

Saban is Saban.  He will have ZERO problems recruiting.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Was laughing to myself on that one. Glad someone responded. 

As to the OP, I doubt it's the end of the "run", though the gap may be narrowing significantly. Kirby eating into the Georgia pipeline of recruits is limiting both Bama and Auburn, and Auburn not rolling over in state prospects. Couple that with some uninspired hires to replace recent staff attrition, and the recruiting is suffering extra this year. Waiting to see how they are able to recover. If they pull off a bunch of the flips that people have mentioned as possible, probably still a top five class. 

The recruiting this year is for several reasons. There are still a few guys who may trickle in.

I was thinking to myself that Alabama would struggle next year, then I looked around CFB and didn't see anyone who was head and shoulders ahead of them. Maybe Clemson? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...