I feel the same way about this honestly

caponine

Devonta Freeman, in the concussion protocol, tried out the VICIS helmet this week although he didn't practice with it. Judging by the expression on his face Friday, doesn't look like he has intentions to use the helmet upon returning to action. VICIS helmet, designed to reduce impact on the head, is about 11 percent heavier than the highest-ranking Schutt helmet. Sounds like Freeman believes a helmet won't make a difference when it comes to sustaining a concussion.

As physical a sport as football is, a helmet is not going to help much especially for the type of player freeman is. Im glad decided against it
Edited by caponine

3 minutes ago, Jerz said:

I’m worried about Freeman because he suffered 2 pretty bad concussions in a span of a week. Knowing the kind of player freeman is, its going to take more than a couple of concussions to stop him from playing and that may backfire.

you could see his snaps decrease a little bit going forward permanentky because of the concussions and the future health problems

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Helmets really protect skulls, not brains. There’s no device that prevents the brain from impacting the inside of the skull. 

I think they should stop wearing helmets... that would keep these guys from being so risky with their heads (Jk)

lol well some, others in the nfl will still use his head

8 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Thats not a good thing to hear about a high paid rb.

its really not, but it makes sense to avoid future concussions. Coleman may possibly get a contract here depending on what happens. They are not going to trust a rookie if freeman goes down, if they do decide to limit his snaps as well

Edited by caponine

11 hours ago, caponine said:

Devonta Freeman, in the concussion protocol, tried out the VICIS helmet this week although he didn't practice with it. Judging by the expression on his face Friday, doesn't look like he has intentions to use the helmet upon returning to action. VICIS helmet, designed to reduce impact on the head, is about 11 percent heavier than the highest-ranking Schutt helmet. Sounds like Freeman believes a helmet won't make a difference when it comes to sustaining a concussion.

As physical a sport as football is, a helmet is not going to help much especially for the type of player freeman is. Im glad decided against it

And there’s your answer for the helmet thread a couple weeks back. 

God I hope Freeman just chills. He should just go kick it and spend some money and worry ab getting right. I don't know how many concussions I've had but it's more than a couple. Mood swings suck. So does forgetting what you're saying mid conversation. There are literally times I'll be speaking and just be like.... I completely forgot what we're talking about. 

I hope Free does the RIGHT thing instead of the "macho football" thing. You only get one go round, you don't want to spend it as a vegetable because of a GAME. There's so much more to life than football. 

14 hours ago, Jerz said:

I’m worried about Freeman because he suffered 2 pretty bad concussions in a span of a week. Knowing the kind of player freeman is, its going to take more than a couple of concussions to stop him from playing and that may backfire.

I just think he wasnt recovered from the first one. If keuckley is out there doing his thing then Free will be just fine

5 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

God I hope Freeman just chills. He should just go kick it and spend some money and worry ab getting right. I don't know how many concussions I've had but it's more than a couple. Mood swings suck. So does forgetting what you're saying mid conversation. There are literally times I'll be speaking and just be like.... I completely forgot what we're talking about. 

I hope Free does the RIGHT thing instead of the "macho football" thing. You only get one go round, you don't want to spend it as a vegetable because of a GAME. There's so much more to life than football. 

I hear you m y friend and have had numerous concussions . I have forgotten my wifes name , my daughter -n-laws name and even worse my dogs name . Gotten lost in my own neighborhood too.

17 hours ago, Jerz said:

Are you referring to the exacting medical analysis made by the esteemed neurologist and Carolina linebacker Thomas Davis?

26 minutes ago, brewman said:

Are you referring to the exacting medical analysis made by the esteemed neurologist and Carolina linebacker Thomas Davis?

If you actually seen Freeman get up after the hit Kurt Coleman was fined for, you wouldn’t be as reluctant to believe the claim Davis made. He looked even more wobbly and confused than he did when he got concussed against the cowboys. Why do you think he’s been out for so long?