Jump to content

Duke Riley


insertnamehere
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been seeing people completely **** on the kid. I understand that he hasn't been great so far, but it is his rookie year and it's not like he was a top 10 first round pick. Where is the patience when it comes to rookie players? Some fans were so quick to call Beasley a bust in his first year just for him to lead the league in sacks the very next year. I love Coleman, but I remember seeing on here once we drafted Tevin how Free should become the #2 RB and how he wasn't a 3 down back. I think Duke will become a **** good player in time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

When you have players like Matt Ryan, Deion Jones and Keanu Neal dominate their rookie years, it raises expectations for all.

I understand that, but you also have cases like Roddy White who couldn't catch for **** during his rookie year and went on to become a franchise player and a Falcons legend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Riley hasn't just played like a rookie, he's been hot garbage. People here bring up White like currency, but White had flashes. Most of the better players do flash in their rookie year. Maybe if people didn't try and convince others after a player has given absolutely nothing to cheer for...

Riley showed flashes....................in tc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Riley hasn't just played like a rookie, he's been hot garbage. People here bring up White like currency, but White had flashes. Most of the better players do flash in their rookie year. Maybe if people didn't try and convince others after a player has given absolutely nothing to cheer for...

I'm not trying to tell people how they should feel regarding certain players. You're an adult. My point was that he is a rookie. That comes with trials and tribulations for some. People were calling Vic a bust up and down this message board during his first year here and he became a monster his next year. Point is, patience is a virtue. It will not become a surprise to me if/when this kid eventually turns the corner and becomes a star on this defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hageman  Bye bye, Collins  addios,  and we dont even look at Lorenzo Doss who was just cut from Denver, who whuppedass on the practice field.

 

But we have The Duke and I smell another Superbowl

 

Sorry yall I cant find the sarcastic type color,,,,,,I blame the mod squad

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I'm not trying to tell people how they should feel regarding certain players. You're an adult. My point was that he is a rookie. That comes with trials and tribulations for some. People were calling Vic a bust up and down this message board during his first year here and he became a monster his next year. Point is, patience is a virtue. It will not become a surprise to me if/when this kid eventually turns the corner and becomes a star on this defense.

Vic showed flashes, so did Campbell, Freeman, Coleman, and every other player still on this roster. Guys who don't end up gone regardless. Riley hasn't been rookie bad, dude has sucked. Period. Screw being a rookie, he is just plain bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lmao. Ya'll boys have no patience at all. If it were up to some of ya'll Vic would've been benched after his rookie year and Matt would've been replaced after the 2015-16 season. Can't forget that Devonta would've been a #2 RB after drafting Tevin and Brian Hill would've taken Ward's place based off of his college "highlights".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Vic showed flashes, so did Campbell, Freeman, Coleman, and every other player still on this roster. Guys who don't end up gone regardless. Riley hasn't been rookie bad, dude has sucked. Period. Screw being a rookie, he is just plain bad.

So now in 2017 it is so easy to say that Vic was showing flashes. Ya'll were coming for that boy's neck throughout his rookie year. Ya'll were so ready to crown Coleman the #1 back after Devonta only had one year under his belt. I didn't forget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Riley should only get snaps on ST and obvious passing down. The defense has dominated without him and Q would be dumb to put him back in there so he can whiff on tackles.

He was benched before his injury so I don't think he'll be taking any snaps from anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Riley should only get snaps on ST and obvious passing down. The defense has dominated without him and Q would be dumb to put him back in there so he can whiff on tackles.

He was benched before his injury so I don't think he'll be taking any snaps from anyone.

He's going to get his snaps at LB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Lmao. Ya'll boys have no patience at all. If it were up to some of ya'll Vic would've been benched after his rookie year and Matt would've been replaced after the 2015-16 season. Can't forget that Devonta would've been a #2 RB after drafting Tevin and Brian Hill would've taken Ward's place based off of his college "highlights".

I will say that I wasn't a fan of Freeman at all, he's taken his game to another level since then. But Riley has not shown flashes, and I was optimistic about him when we drafted him. He's been awful. Vic DID show flashes, heck he led our team in sacks his rookie year. Riley has yet to make a play. One. Little. Play. He has more missed tackles than memorable solo tackles. He can prove us wrong if you don't want us bashing him - as of now, he's terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

I will say that I wasn't a fan of Freeman at all, he's taken his game to another level since then. But Riley has not shown flashes, and I was optimistic about him when we drafted him. He's been awful. Vic DID show flashes, heck he led our team in sacks his rookie year. Riley has yet to make a play. One. Little. Play. He has more missed tackles than memorable solo tackles. He can prove us wrong if you don't want us bashing him - as of now, he's terrible.

I'm not here to save the day. It's not about me not wanting ya'll to bash him. I'm just providing some perspective. And again, ya'll can say comfortably in 2017 that Vic showed flashes in his rookie year, but "flashes" wasn't the story on this message board during the 2015-16 season for him. It was all bust talk. I appreciate your honesty about Freeman though. I'm glad I was patient enough to see Freeman become the player who he is today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I understand that, but you also have cases like Roddy White who couldn't catch for **** during his rookie year and went on to become a franchise player and a Falcons legend.

I was trying to help make the case. 

I agree with your underlying premise that it takes 2-3yrs to know what you have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Duke will be aight. He was pressing earlier. Hopefully the time off benefited him mentally. 

Some said the same about Jalen. Not everyone works out. TD/Quinn/Pioli have been so great at drafting that they can afford a miss.

If you watch his college tape, he couldn't shed a block and now his NFL tape shows he doesn't know how to wrap up and misses assignments. He has been decent in coverage, but Devondre has shown he's clearly the better player for snaps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...