TRAP GAME? Could Be.

Sunday November 26, 2017 1:00 pm ET

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Atlanta Falcons

Mercedes Benz Stadium

Fresh off a jubilant flight home from the Pacific Northwest the Falcons are preparing to celebrate Thanksgiving with their families.

Feeling very confident after a 3-1 run with the only blemish a three point loss when they handed Cam his cape back.

In comes their second NFCS foe. A desperate TB team that needs to win out just to save jobs. One that has handed Quinn a 1-3 record.

This one has a feeling like the 2010 GB Playoff game when the team just kinda chilled the week before. Hope that's not the case now.

Could be a trap game that could hurt our chances. Better be ready. Sucs know how to beat us. Lose this one and forget about table runnin.

Their QB has been playing pretty good, lately ---- I just hope we don't make him look like a HOFer.....I'd rather face
Winston, tell you the truth, but he's definitely out for another week or two, they say.  Seems like, for the Falcons,
any game can be a trap game --- just look at the Buffalo and Miami games!  We need a Win this week, 'cause we
play the Bucs again in 3 weeks, at their place.....and who knows what happens then, with Winston back. 

Divisional games are never trap games. Records usually are thrown out the window for those games.

Especially in the NFC South.

It's pretty cool how all NFC South divisional games will be extremely important over the next 6 weeks. Even the Bucs have an important role as a potential spoiler.

I honestly think the NFL schedule makers intended on the NFC South teams to cannibalize on each other on the road to the playoffs.

After losing games to Buffalo and Miami? Naw.  This team shouldn’t be walking into any game overconfident, etc.  I don’t think it’s a problem.

Tampa is 4-6 but they’re playing better than most people probably think.  They had some key guys on D out earlier this year.  I expect this game to be tougher than most but I sure would love a GB like victory.

1 hour ago, blackredfellow said:

I’m only worried because we’re wearing the black throwbacks. For real though, these are just the type of games I’m used to seeing us crap the bed. Hope Quinn has us laser focused. 

What happened to the color splash unis? I thought we only got one throwback per season and the call had already come this season to burn them...

21 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

What happened to the color splash unis? I thought we only got one throwback per season and the call had already come this season to burn them...

Our color rush game is the Thursday game against N.O. Those must not count as an alternate uniform game, because the nfl loves color rush and thinks it’s a successful gimmick to keep Thursday viewership, even though most people hate them (I hate color rush and Thursday games in general).

Edited by blackredfellow

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Trap game because we're smelling ourselves, eatin turkey and making Christmas plans.

All while a desperate division foe cometh in that beat us more than any other NFCS foe in the Quinn era.

Beat us Sunday in our shiny new Dome where we suck monkey balls and our desperation level goes to Defcon 1. Trust me.

Well dang, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Tampa? Only Atlanta?

Does the sun revolve around the earth as well? :lol: With all due respect bud, we could very well lose with it being a division game, but your analogy doesn't make sense.

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

Well dang, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Tampa? Only Atlanta?

Does the sun revolve around the earth as well? :lol: With all due respect bud, we could very well lose with it being a division game, but your analogy doesn't make sense.

Sucs could come in like we need wins. We own Quinn. Give us this one.

Falcons full of turkey. Fall asleep on tryptophan in shiny new stadium a la Bills, Dolphins.. 

Quite possible. Trap game.

Ive gotten very pragmatic on my view of the 2017 Falcons. If they can't see it's all in front of them and they stubbed their toes at home again after losing to the Bills and Dolphins,then they weren't gonna make any noise in the playoffs to begin with. That said still think this team is good enough to beat a Case Keenum lead Vikings,a Cam Newton lead Panthers, a Drew Brees led Saints, and pretty sure they should drill a Ryan Fitzpatrick Bucs team. Obviously we will see, but **** the defense is playing pretty well and offensively I'll put Ryan,Julio Sanu, Coleman and Freeman if he is healthy up against any NFC team, it's a veteran offense thats been through the grind before, and is just now getting comfortable with the new OC. Said it last week they got the talent to run the table, it's just how bad they want it,and if the coaches keep them pumped and dont screw the pooch on game day. DL had Russell Wilson running his butt off, even Cam ain't that elusive. Key is getting Free back and keeping him healthy and effective through the rest of the season.  Think Sarkisian is getting comfortable too, and instead of tinkering with the Ferrari offense engine he is just buckling in and enjoy driving the SOB and keeping it from slamming into a tree.