Bad News for Chattanooga area Falcons Fans

Doctor Kildare

Happened in Valdosta too, Jacksonville swooped in and took over the radio station and we only get the jags and Tampa Bay on locals. Luckily Atlanta stepped their game up and got 105.9 for the radio station. 

I was worried they had totally lost the market share here. Everyone I know are falcons fans with a few jags fans trickled in coming here for school. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Captain Falcon said:

Happened in Valdosta too, Jacksonville swooped in and took over the radio station and we only get the jags and Tampa Bay on locals. Luckily Atlanta stepped their game up and got 105.9 for the radio station. 

I was worried they had totally lost the market share here. Everyone I know are falcons fans with a few jags fans trickled in coming here for school. 

I get the impression that local TV station managers are generally clueless when it comes to the local fanbases.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I get the impression that local TV station managers are generally clueless when it comes to the local fanbases.

I actually called them about it one time and it makes even less sense than you'd think. Valdosta doesn't have its own station so we actually just use Tallahassees news station which means our news is Tallahassee news with valdosta stories sprinkled in. 

Tally is further from us than jax, so why would I need Tallahassees news and any Florida cities news? I pay taxes and vote in Georgia but all my coverage is on Florida laws and legislators lol 

4 hours ago, Mr. Captain Falcon said:

I actually called them about it one time and it makes even less sense than you'd think. Valdosta doesn't have its own station so we actually just use Tallahassees news station which means our news is Tallahassee news with valdosta stories sprinkled in. 

Tally is further from us than jax, so why would I need Tallahassees news and any Florida cities news? I pay taxes and vote in Georgia but all my coverage is on Florida laws and legislators lol 

That sucks. I'm surprised Valdosta doesn't share the Fox station that Albany has (which gets Falcons games). I know they share or shared NBC and ABC.

Edited by MisterC

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yall should be able to see the games on Direct Ticket or listen on 92.9.com right? If so, what's the problem?

Bah, I live in Tallahassee so are stuck with the friggan Bucs every year...can't afford Sunday Ticket (Can't get Direct TV anyways) and never had luck with trying to listen to it on the internet radio, so I just use Reddit links. If the fools at the NFL wanna pigeon hole fans to as what games they can watch, then they deserve to get pirated.

There’s always nflstreams on reddit if you’re despererate.  I’ve always been able to find a working, hd stream there if I’ve needed to.  As far as bars that will show them, just about any will if you ask.  Just not Blue Orleans(restaurant/bar); the owner is a big, stinking Saints fan.  As far as some bars that will show the Falcons:  

East Ridge:Lively’s

Brainerd:Mayo’s, Bud’s

Rossville Blvd:Brew and Cue

Downtown:Taco Mac, BWW, Clyde’s(on main st), Kick’s, just about any bar really if you ask

10 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Where’s Vandy?  Are you upset too bro?  

I bought some land in that area for retirement in the future, but I get a pass on this one until I find a way to move there from Houston.

When I watch game live, I usually go watch it with friends at a bar anyway, Hash. That’s my and Mrs time with our friends when it’s too cold to be out on boat.

So you sealed your land deal? Awesome, That’s such a beautiful area.