The Good Stats Through Ten Games

Stat view through ten games before we really get into the division schedule and head down the stretch:

PRETTY GOOD

2nd - Yards Allowed Per Pass

3rd - Yards Per Drive

4th - Sacks

4th - Net Yards Per Pass Attempt

5th - Yards Per Play

5th - Completion%

5th - Plays Per Drive

5th - Time Per Drive

6th - Yards Per Pass Attempt

6th - Yards Per Punt

7th - Drives Ending In A Score

7th - First Downs

7th - Rushing First Downs

7th - Yards Allowed Per Play

7th - Pass Yards Allowed Per Play

8th - Points Per Drive

8th - Sacks Allowed

9th - Team Record

9th - 4th Quarter Comebacks

9th - Passer Rating

10th - Red Zone Defense

10th - Total Yards Allowed

10th - Rush Yards Per Carry

10th - Yards Per Game

10th - 3rd Down Conversions

10th - Passing First Downs

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

That’s a ton of categories to be Top 10 in. Fix ST and this team will make some noise 

Ya, I have a feeling we will look back at the Miami and Buffalo game and really be angry.  If not for those games, we would be playing to keep a first round bye.  Add to that if we could clean up our Special teams play and penalties we would be even higher on this list.  

1 minute ago, RichardCNile said:

Ya, I have a feeling we will look back at the Miami and Buffalo game and really be angry.  If not for those games, we would be playing to keep a first round bye.  Add to that if we could clean up our Special teams play and penalties we would be even higher on this list.  

I don't think so actually. I think those losses will help shape a SB team. It will either be this year or next year. A first round bye is great but getting in the dance with lessons learned may be better. 

Or taking those lessons to a Super Bowl in our own stadium next year would be glorious and I'm tryna find some way to get into that building. Lol.

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I don't think so actually. I think those losses will help shape a SB team. It will either be this year or next year. A first round bye is great but getting in the dance with lessons learned may be better. 

Or taking those lessons to a Super Bowl in our own stadium next year would be glorious and I'm tryna find some way to get into that building. Lol.

Good points.  

9 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Buffalo was a joke because the refs gifted them 10 points and the massive momentum swing which changed the entire game. 

Miami was just we just blew it. 

6 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I hope so. The Falcons last road win in the playoffs was 2002 against the Packers. 

11 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Buffalo was a joke because the refs gifted them 10 points and the massive momentum swing which changed the entire game. 

Miami was just we just blew it. 

Ya.  Matt seems to have his swagger back and is really spinning the ball well and sticking it into tight places. Might have something to do with learning he knocked his wife up (no disrespect). I recall a few drops that were 'in the hands' of the WR.

1 - Julio on first series

2 - Julio in traffic across the middle at about 6 or 7 yards

3 - Hardy on 3rd down when Defender got his hand in there and broke the ball loose as they went to the ground.  

Add those 3 as completions and MR2 easily has 250 yards passing and his completion percentage jumps way up.  

3 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Ya.  Matt seems to have his swagger back and is really spinning the ball well and sticking it into tight places. Might have something to do with learning he knocked his wife up (no disrespect). I recall a few drops that were 'in the hands' of the WR.

1 - Julio on first series

2 - Julio in traffic across the middle at about 6 or 7 yards

3 - Hardy on 3rd down when Defender got his hand in there and broke the ball loose as they went to the ground.  

Add those 3 as completions and MR2 easily has 250 yards passing and his completion percentage jumps way up.  

julio this yr is hobbled more than usual, everyone wants to blame sark for not using him more, but juilo is not julio this yr, and its the truth. he is laboring even on simple catches.

The offense is 10th in yards and 13th in points scored.

The defense is 10th in yards and 13th in points allowed.

Weak special teams performance is to me the primary reason that points performance is weaker than yards performance.  The Falcons are serious contenders if they get it cleaned up.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Weak special teams performance is to me the primary reason that points performance is weaker than yards performance.  The Falcons are serious contenders if they get it cleaned up.

Our defense might be 10th in yards because the starting field position of the opponent is around the 50 yard line though

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Here are the things I think we need to clean up to get where we wanna go:

Takeaways - we're getting better but we have a lot of ground to make up. This is the biggest key

Run Defense - several teams have run over us. May be too light in the pants. Mobile QBs are lighting us up fast and physically

Special Teams - Oh lawd. One of the worst Falcon STs I've seen in awhile. Just awful. Kickers are getting fragile which is scary.

Execution - it's been turrible. Drops, whiff blocks, overthrows, dumass penalties, missed tackles, ST debacles, you name it.

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, we didn't finish the Bills, Dolphins, or panthers games.  

Those Ls are on the record henceforth and forever more. We can ill afford another one. Trap game coming up Sunday.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The great thing is it seems as if the Falcons are starting to ascend at the right time.

They still have many things to work on but if they continue to improve week by week, they could very well be that hot team once again going through the playoffs just like last season.

Yeah the narrative is we are 6-4 just like we were last year. Difference is we were coming up on a cupcake schedule this time last year.

This year we're staring down a beastly schedule chock full of NFCS land mines. It's gonna take some rising to get back to the dance.

RTFU mofos. We need rest!

4 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

Yeah. It’s seems like every time we have a really good play, we comit a dang foul. 

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You do have a pt., but I think the fact that they are 7th in yds. allowed per play negates it.  

Probably, it was a **** against special teams. I also think the one about drives that end in scores is a great indicator too

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Those Ls are on the record henceforth and forever more. We can ill afford another one. Trap game coming up Sunday.

Yeah the narrative is we are 6-4 just like we were last year. Difference is we were coming up on a cupcake schedule this time last year.

This year we're staring down a beastly schedule chock full of NFCS land mines. It's gonna take some rising to get back to the dance.

RTFU mofos. We need rest!

The difference between 2015 and 2016 is 1-5 in the NFCS vs 5-1.  We need to repeat that 5-1 performance if we want to repeat that SB appearance.  

15 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

Miami loss was just bad and embarassing - how do you lose to Cutler and that garbage offense? Buffalo game was also very bad, some very questionable calls by the refs. The Panthers game, Falcons should've won as well, Julio TD drop and dumb mistakes. Realistically, the only game the Falcons should've lost was the Patriots game and they should be 9-1.