Grady Jarrett

Southsacfalcon

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I'll go as far to say he's our best draft pick of the TD era.

His next contract is getting more expensive by the week however :(

Lol we’re fans, the contracts are for the management to figure out. I can tell you Grady is one of the best DT’s in only his second year. I’d say he’s here to stay

53 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Let it GROW!   Love this guy - and so does Quinn - he's going nowhere!

I agree... I would rather pay him at that position than some other positions we have paid... You win by building from the lines out, and he is a big part of a legit D-line.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Grady is a must sign player. Right now, I'm leaning on prioritizing the core of the defense. You can't keep everyone, or you will need a RW to do offense by himself. My gut feeling is prioritize the middle of the defense, and continue to draft well. Neal, Campbell and Grady are my current "must keep" three. Jones and Takk are almost there. With the money we are paying at corner, I just don't know if we can get all five to a second contract. Its a weird world as a Falcons fan when you get to five deep on your "must keep" rookie contract players and you haven't listed a guy as talented as Beasley yet. We have some serious young talent. I know some of you would put Beasley at number 1, but his 1st and 3rd seasons count as much as his second to me. His biggest strength is that he's becoming more versatile every season. He can play effectively in a number of different roles. He is a Quinn type guy. The good news is that he may end up being the easiest of the 6 to resign.

Of course...I'm way ahead of my self. Just getting excited that our talent is so good we will be making tough decisions in pretty short order. It is a great place to be. I could see this being as dominant a unit on the defensive side of the ball as our offense was on that side of the ball last year. If you put a number 1 defense with a top 10 offense...okay. I need to go to work. Getting too worked up! 

I'm still looking for a pure run stuffing LB type for the early downs. I'd like to put someone out there on the field where a team understands they are going to be in 2nd and 8 if they try to run on first down. A "Father of Jarrett" type player! Teams like NO like to spread you out and run on the early downs. Put a run stuffer in there with Jones and feel good with six in the box when need be. 

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

Grady is a must sign player. Right now, I'm leaning on prioritizing the core of the defense. You can't keep everyone, or you will need a RW to do offense by himself. My gut feeling is prioritize the middle of the defense, and continue to draft well. Neal, Campbell and Grady are my current "must keep" three. Jones and Takk are almost there. With the money we are paying at corner, I just don't know if we can get all five to a second contract. Its a weird world as a Falcons fan when you get to five deep on your "must keep" rookie contract players and you haven't listed a guy as talented as Beasley yet. We have some serious young talent. I know some of you would put Beasley at number 1, but his 1st and 3rd seasons count as much as his second to me. His biggest strength is that he's becoming more versatile every season. He can play effectively in a number of different roles. He is a Quinn type guy. The good news is that he may end up being the easiest of the 6 to resign.

Of course...I'm way ahead of my self. Just getting excited that our talent is so good we will be making tough decisions in pretty short order. It is a great place to be. I could see this being as dominant a unit on the defensive side of the ball as our offense was on that side of the ball last year. If you put a number 1 defense with a top 10 offense...okay. I need to go to work. Getting too worked up! 

I'm still looking for a pure run stuffing LB type for the early downs. I'd like to put someone out there on the field where a team understands they are going to be in 2nd and 8 if they try to run on first down. A "Father of Jarrett" type player! Teams like NO like to spread you out and run on the early downs. Put a run stuffer in there with Jones and feel good with six in the box when need be. 

You are absolutely correct. Grady is a must keep, he's a top 5 DT already, and I honestly think will be the best within a couple years. We better re-sign him 'cause he's my next jersey choice! I love Grady, how can a dude so massive and stout be so quick.