Somebody throw me a saving branch of hope.

egghead

Just looked at the closing six games: Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Saints, and Panthers!!!! Saints twice, Vikings...heck. ONce is enough. Bucs and Panties. Can we do it??? Record is 6-4 and starting to play good on Offense and defense. Still kinda scary to a guy way down here in Dallas. Give me something to hang my hoping hat on Native Atlantians.

3 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Well, we are the Falcons... So I'm just not gonna think about it and enjoy them one game at a time. 

Well. The girl in your pic was hoping for something big and she got it........ What inspiration. Go Falcons. Win big!!!  ---------------- By the way....Cute lil kids in your profile avatar.

Edited by egghead

Look at it like this....

We are 5-1 in the NFC which gives us a distinct advantage over other wild card teams.

We can surely look to beat the Bucs twice, as they may not even have Jameis Winston. Even if they do, they are not a good team. That would put us at 8 wins.

From there, if we split with the Saints and Panthers, that gives us 2 more wins right there which puts us at 10 wins.

So, IF we cannot get past the Vikings, that would still put us at 10-6 which should definitely secure a wild card berth for us because we would still have a superior record in the NFC (9-3) and no other wild card contender will be close to that. Plus we're actually starting to turn teams over on defense, and we play the majority of our remaining schedule at home. I like our chances.

Rams - 7-3 (all NFC losses)

• vs Saints
  • @ Cards
  • vs Eagles
  • @ Seahawks
  • @ Titans
  • vs 49ers

Seahawks - 6-4 (h2h win)

• @ 49ers
  • vs Eagles
  • @ Jags
  • vs Rams
  • @ Cowboys
  • vs Cardinals

Lions - 6-4 (h2h win)

• vs Vikings
  • @ Ravens
  • @ Bucs
  • vs Bears
  • @ Bengals
  • vs Packers

Minnesota - 8-2

• @ Lions
  • @ Falcons
  • @ Panthers
  • vs Bengals
  • @ Packers
  • vs Bears

Panthers - 7-3

• @ Jets
  • @ Saints
  • vs Vikings
  • vs Packers
  • vs Bucs
  • @ Falcons

Saints - 8-2

• @ Rams
  • vs Panthers
  • @ Falcons
  • vs Jets
  • vs Falcons
  • @ Bucs

The more I think about the Vikings...they really don't scare me that much.  They have a journeyman QB, their back-up running backs, guys who are having great seasons at WR, and a pretty good defense...but the NFC North is not exactly what it has been in the past.  Plus coming into the season they had the 27th hardest schedule and they have the 19th hardest schedule remaining.  

I'm not assuming that we can split between both saints and panthers.

we basically have to play at a very high level with it all perhaps coming down to the last game against the panthers .... then instead of having a bye and home field advantage we have to immediately jump into the playoffs and win all our games to get to the super bowl.  Yes, if we play like last year no one can beat us, but that's a big if. 

I guess the question is how good are the eagles, saints and rams this year and how do we match against them?

I'm looking at the remaining schedules and I really think the Falcons can get in at 9-7.

The awesome thing is that we've already beaten the three teams we are most likely to be competing with for that last spot, if that is the spot the Falcons are fighting for.

5-1 record in the NFC.  Very important.

39 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Well, we are the Falcons... So I'm just not gonna think about it and enjoy them one game at a time. 

I really hope the team just looks at it one game at a time and not look ahead. If they do, especially with the next three at home, they have a good chance to do a lot of damage.

Edited by The Vent King

27 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I'm looking at the remaining schedules and I really think the Falcons can get in at 9-7.

The awesome thing is that we've already beaten the three teams we are most likely to be competing with for that last spot, if that is the spot the Falcons are fighting for.

5-1 record in the NFC.  Very important.

Makes it all that much sadder that we lost to some poor quality teams.

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

With all the head to head tie-breakers we have I think 4-2 the rest of the way out gets us in the show.  

Sounds good. With the Falcons improving and getting used to all the nuances (first time I ever used that word), I think I can see what you mean. But that would be a 10-6 record. Hope that makes it this year??

4 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

The more I think about the Vikings...they really don't scare me that much.  They have a journeyman QB, their back-up running backs, guys who are having great seasons at WR, and a pretty good defense...but the NFC North is not exactly what it has been in the past.  Plus coming into the season they had the 27th hardest schedule and they have the 19th hardest schedule remaining.  

That's what I want to hear!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha!! Assgard don't hold what it used to for the Vikings. 

4 hours ago, ket222 said:

I'm not assuming that we can split between both saints and panthers.

we basically have to play at a very high level with it all perhaps coming down to the last game against the panthers .... then instead of having a bye and home field advantage we have to immediately jump into the playoffs and win all our games to get to the super bowl.  Yes, if we play like last year no one can beat us, but that's a big if. 

I guess the question is how good are the eagles, saints and rams this year and how do we match against them?

Man.....Now you got me scared again. Eagles, Saints and Rams......I think we can take em. Eagles gonna be tough though.

4 hours ago, The Vent King said:

I really hope the team just looks at it one game at a time and not look ahead. If they do, especially with the next three at home, they have a good chance to do a lot of damage.

That's true. One game at a time, means improving with every game. Sounds good to me.

28 minutes ago, egghead said:

Sounds good. With the Falcons improving and getting used to all the nuances (first time I ever used that word), I think I can see what you mean. But that would be a 10-6 record. Hope that makes it this year??

Congrats on the use of nuance 

Yes, I think 10-6 gets us in, but I'd love to see 12-4

The schedules posted by @kschreck are interesting...in the scenario where ATL wins at home vs TB, they'll either be tied with the Rams or only one game behind Saints (who play each other)...i could see Carolina going 11-5..we'll learn a lot about the Vikings in the next three weeks (@DET, @ATL, @CAR)...There is a scenario where the Falcons could hold the 2nd best record in the NFC by Dec 11. 

LOT of important games still ahead...every goal is still attainable (although the #1 seed is improbable). 

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Congrats on the use of nuance 

Yes, I think 10-6 gets us in, but I'd love to see 12-4

I think 10-6 is a loss to the Vikings and loss to NO at home. Not saying we will go 4-2 the rest of the way, but I think that would be the most likely losses.