Jake Matthews

sandtrap

Do you guys think he's injured? He doesn't seem as mobile and it looked like he missed a couple of blocks that cause the play to get blown up. Just seems like he doesn't have a burst off the line. I know we only got 1 sack yesterday so that's good but just wondering if anyone else noticed Jake.

Aside from a few select plays I feel like Jake has played decently this year. He could be better but I'm sure he's one of the better LTs. Just an observation. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me wes, jake, and schrader have all been struggling. I'd like to see Ben garland or paztor at rg at some pt. Wes struggles a lot at run blocking and is up and down in pass protection.  Ty sambrilo special had been the best run blocker this yr. I'm a huge Levine fan but even his blocking this yr is highly suspect 

3 hours ago, sandtrap said:

Do you guys think he's injured? He doesn't seem as mobile and it looked like he missed a couple of blocks that cause the play to get blown up. Just seems like he doesn't have a burst off the line. I know we only got 1 sack yesterday so that's good but just wondering if anyone else noticed Jake. 

I'd want to have it verified by someone like @PeytonMannings Forehead but to my eyes it seems like the opposition is going heavy on penetration which can mess up the flow of our pulling plays, also the fact that we haven't been very consistent with them is a factor. Both of these things together mean we are playing more power concepts, which isn't our best skill as we're built for speed. If this is true our guys have been decent while playing their own weakness. It seems like if we had more balance between pulling plays(zone) and power plays they'd all look better.

Just now, sandtrap said:

Really dude? Go take your nonsense somewhere else. It's just a conversation. Feel free to disagree but don't come in here insulting me when I'm just asking what others think. 

Actually I was not talking about you...I was referring to the 2 post directly before it.

I should have clarified

Just now, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Well that's the chance you take. If it doesn't pan out, it won't be the first time and it won't be the last. What other options do you have? Overpay for average Jake, overpay in free agency, or draft one early.

You pay the market value for  top 10 tackle who knows your system and its players and knows how to get into a freaking 3 point stance

Just re-watched one of the plays I noticed. First down, I believe our second possession in the 3rd quarter, 1:40 on the clock. It looks like Matt checks to a different play. It's a fake hand off and a screen back to turbo on the left side. When I saw the play live it looked like Jake completely just misses his guy and turbo gets wrapped up quickly. After watching it again it looks like 1. Terrible throw from Matt because it was low and Turbo had to go out of his way to make the catch and 2. It looks like maybe Toilolo misses his guy. For those of you who know better, is the first guy that Levine blocks his only assignment on a play like that or is he supposed to move to the second level like he tries to do? It looks like maybe Levine is supposed to initially chip his first block then move to the next level and maybe Jake is supposed to cut back and block Levine's first block? Not sure just curious and this was the play that made me wonder.