Schedule is falling right for us

coastiemike

I know we have a very tough schedule the rest of the way. However, looking at it, the chips are falling in our favor.

Winston is most likely out for TB on Sunday and we get them at home on a short week instead of on the road.

Minnesota is the current #2 seed in the NFC. However, we are the final game on a three game road trip for them after they play at Detroit and at Carolina.  They could be road weary and also are playing two pretty good teams.

We then play NO on a short week but it is at home.  Hopefully it isn't full of Saints fans.

Mini bye week and then on the road at TB should be another win if we show up.

The two final games will be the toughest I think.  We play NO away on Christmas Eve.  Then we play Carolina at home on New Year's Eve.  That final game could be to make or miss the playoffs.

Its going to be a fun ride!

4 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I don't most people realize how important the win over Seattle was. It put a lot of pressure on Seattle, Detroit, Dallas and the Packers to pretty much play the rest of the season with little room for error. We have the tie breaker over all of those teams. We just have to handle our business.

Yup.

We hold several tie breakers and we only have 1 conference loss.

If we take care of business we are set up to be in great shape

56 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

I know we have a very tough schedule the rest of the way. However, looking at it, the chips are falling in our favor.

Winston is most likely out for TB on Sunday and we get them at home on a short week instead of on the road.

Minnesota is the current #2 seed in the NFC. However, we are the final game on a three game road trip for them after they play at Detroit and at Carolina.  They could be road weary and also are playing two pretty good teams.

We then play NO on a short week but it is at home.  Hopefully it isn't full of Saints fans.

The two final games will be the toughest I think.  We play NO away on Christmas Eve.  Then we play Carolina at home on New Year's Eve.  That final game could be to make or miss the playoffs.

One at a time. But if we generally take care of business, the New Year's Eve game could decide the wild card.

8 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I don't most people realize how important the win over Seattle was. It put a lot of pressure on Seattle, Detroit, Dallas and the Packers to pretty much play the rest of the season with little room for error. We have the tie breaker over all of those teams. We just have to handle our business.

I didn't know we had the tie breaker on Detroit. Is that conference record?

As utterly ridiculous as the Dolphins and Bills losses were, and as demoralizing as the Pats one was, at least they were out of conference. 

We've put ourselves in stellar wildcard position after last night's win.

And still have a realistic chance at the division given our final games.

It FEELS like we're starting to gel at the right time, even though there's still a mountain of things left to clean up.

That Vikings game will tell me a lot about the rest of our season. (Well, so will the Bucs game if we can't pull that out at home. :ninja:)

6 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

As utterly ridiculous as the Dolphins and Bills losses were, and as demoralizing as the Pats one was, at least they were out of conference. 

We've put ourselves in stellar wildcard position after last night's win.

And still have a realistic chance at the division given our final games.

It FEELS like we're starting to gel at the right time, even though there's still a mountain of things left to clean up.

That Vikings game will tell me a lot about the rest of our season. (Well, so will the Bucs game if we can't pull that out at home. :ninja:)

Wait....we won last night???

Would never know it by the fans reaction!!!

Are you sure about that? The Falcons have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. We may have the tiebreaker over all the teams behind us, but that doesn't matter if we don't take care of business and they end up having a better record than us. We have the Saints twice, the Vikings, and the Panthers. The Seahawks, Cowboys, and Lions all have MUCH easier remaining schedules than we do. I'm sure the Cowboys will lose one more, maybe even 2 or 3. We better be rooting hard for the Vikings on Thanksgiving in Detroit, and then after that the Lions only loseable game left would be at home against the Ravens. The Seahawks must lose to the Eagles and Rams. 

Edited by mqg96

While the NFC is Philly + take-a-guess, several of the teams who earlier this season looked playoff-bound are falling back, ie, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, Washington....while the Falcons are getting better, bit-by-bit, the Saints are hot, and the Panthers have a pretty easy schedule (Jets, Packers, Bucs). 

Now, of course, without some drastic improvement on special teams, the Falcons could go out and lose every remaining game. 

Having said all that, the odds of seeing three teams from the NFCS make the playoffs are increasing every week. 

1 hour ago, coastiemike said:

Beat the Succaneers twice

Lose to the Vikes

beat the Panties in the ATL

split with The Aints

Do that and we'll be ok