If Pete Carroll Was Our Head Coach...

NeonDeion

...this board would be in full meltdown. 

I thought this was one of Quinn’s best coached games. He snuffed out the fake, took the FG (correct call), and managed the clock well at the end. 

Fixes: Missed a challenge on Graham 1st down. Has to fire Armstrong - Just has to be done. Terrible defensive series on 2nd to last drive.

All in All a very well-coached game IMO

4 minutes ago, djbrough said:

I said it once, and I'll say it again: We are not a good Zone-Defensive team. The prevent that we run is an invitation for an easy touchdown. We don't have the adequate awareness.

It’s very weird. Some games we have amazing last drive stands and others we look awful. It’s like there’s nothing in between.

Pete Carrol,  This guy has still NOT Learned his lesson from the Super Bowl loss to the damm Pats.

Again, Petey is in a situation that two rushing attempts would have resulted in a 1st down.  Off Left Tackle.  Ego, ego Ego...... Expensive chit aint it

However, I am absolutely thrilled at the gelling of our Defense but we are really missing the piece/player who brings it all together.

Now on the flip side, we really have to ask  WTBFH has happened to Julio?  but at the same time lets not ask What the bloodyheII is Raheem Morris doing as our WR Coach????

Thishasfukinfailedbeyondbelief.  Our WR Corps. are much better that this and Raheem needs to GTFO of Atlanta and go back to Tampa or start coaching on Defense.

Yeah Julio made that catch because he is Julio and double down with Sanu.

Raheem is not coaching, as much as he is riding the Gravy Train,,,,,,GTFO

6 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Pete Carrol,  This guy has still NOT Learned his lesson from the Super Bowl loss to the damm Pats.

Again, Petey is in a situation that two rushing attempts would have resulted in a 1st down.  Off Left Tackle.  Ego, ego Ego...... Expensive chit aint it

However, I am absolutely thrilled at the gelling of our Defense but we are really missing the piece/player who brings it all together.

Now on the flip side, we really have to ask  WTBFH has happened to Julio?  but at the same time lets not ask What the bloodyheII is Raheem Morris doing as our WR Coach????

Thishasfukinfailedbeyondbelief.  Our WR Corps. are much better that this and Raheem needs to GTFO of Atlanta and go back to Tampa or start coaching on Defense.

Julio was quietly our leading reciever last night. If you didn't notice, Wes was allowing pressure all night. Seattle's front four was coming at Ryan like tomorrow doesn't exist. Julio makes plays when he can run free and escape the double/triple coverage. We just aren't getting those opportunities. Still, he led the Birds in yards. Not sure why you can't see that. 

Edited by tywreezy33

22 minutes ago, djbrough said:

I said it once, and I'll say it again: We are not a good Zone-Defensive team. The prevent that we run is an invitation for an easy touchdown. We don't have the adequate awareness.

I also agree with this, I remember saying that we need to be in man as early as week 6 last year.

32 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

...this board would be in full meltdown. 

I thought this was one of Quinn’s best coached games. He snuffed out the fake, took the FG (correct call), and managed the clock well at the end. 

Fixes: Missed a challenge on Graham 1st down. Has to fire Armstrong - Just has to be done. Terrible defensive series on 2nd to last drive.

All in All a very well-coached game IMO

(1) Our special teams was god awful.

(2) allowing Seattle to march right down the field in less than a minute (on their next to last possession) was and is inexcusable.

(3) Seattle is an overrated team, and a good many of their Best players were injured. Free was out, but we still are relatively healthy overall, and have arguably the best Top -to-bottom overall talent in NFL. We should have won convincingly. 

not a well coached game by Quinn at all.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

(2) allowing Seattle to march right down the field in less than a minute (on their next to last possession) was and is inexcusable.

(3) Seattle is an overrated team, and a good many of their Best players were injured. Free was out, but we still are relatively healthy overall, and have arguably the best Top -to-bottom overall talent in NFL. We should have won convincingly. 

I still feel like the game would have been completely different if our special teams was at least average. We would have blown them out, we should have blown them out.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don't know, Vandy. I think just getting the W is enough for this one. That is a very, very tough place to play in prime time.

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Special teams and refs are the only reason we didn’t blow them out. Quinn as far as I know has nothing to do with calling special teams during the game. So, that was all on Armstrong. 

One really bad defensive drive doesn’t negate a very-well coached game for me.

Seattle is not overrated and certainly not at home with those refs. Wilson is still somehow underrated. Yes, injured but again ST only thing that kept them in the game at all. 

I stand by my statement. 

Give em credit. Seattle's secondary played lights out despite their injuries. It would be one thing to see Falcons running wild on the field and Matt missing those throws, and another to have Matt make perfect throws in tight and double coverage for big plays. The only mistake I remember was the TD to Toilolo.

2 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Seattle is not overrated and certainly not at home with those refs. Wilson is still somehow underrated. Yes, injured but again ST only thing that kept them in the game at all. 

Yeah I agree, Seattle is not overrated - even without - Sherm and Kam they are still a tough team especially at home. They still have one of the best front sevens in the NFL and Wilson is playing at an MVP level this year.

Last night's game had a playoff feel to it and both teams for the most part played like it.

29 minutes ago, Karst41 said:

Are you really trying to blame Julio's struggles on the **** WR coach???

27 minutes ago, Hooper72 said:

I don't know, Vandy. I think just getting the W is enough for this one. That is a very, very tough place to play in prime time.

I’m happy with the win too, Hooper....

but we are still a poorly coached team, especially this year. Lack of focus....sloppy tackling....Stupid penalties ...horrible special teams play....

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

All which comes back to coaching.

I totally agree but I believe this thread was about Quinn's decision-making. He can't make Boshers ankle feel better so he can kick it out of the end zone. He can't make the kick coverage people get to there gaps although it seemed like somebody to their *** out at halftime.

50 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Special teams and refs are the only reason we didn’t blow them out. Quinn as far as I know has nothing to do with calling special teams during the game. So, that was all on Armstrong. 

One really bad defensive drive doesn’t negate a very-well coached game for me.

I stand by my statement. 

Which is your right, and I respect it.

Refs are a board excuse. And Quinn is the ******* HC, he has everything to do with special teams and everything else, for gods’s sakes. Our D played soft entire 2nd half, IMO. And That one horrific defensive series nearly  did negate a win on the road.

46 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah I agree, Seattle is not overrated - even without - Sherm and Kam they are still a tough team especially at home. They still have one of the best front sevens in the NFL and Wilson is playing at an MVP level this year.

Last night's game had a playoff feel to it and both teams for the most part played like it.

Seriously Who have they got left besides Wilson? 

No running game at all, worst OL in football. RW was running for his life all game.

Defense a bunch of has beens in secondary together with a < 100% earl Thomas. 50 year old Dwight freeney trying to replace cliff Avril.Maybe it was a mirage, but I thought i even saw all-time draft bust Dion Jordan out there chasing folks around. 

And end of 1st half one of dumbest coaching decisions by Carroll/Bevil I’ve seen since our SB collapse.

and even with all that, we tried to give it back to them last 4 minutes of game. Same old song and dance from this team in their inability to close out games, which boggles my mind.

I’m glad we won, but our coaching was not great.....it just sucked less than seattle’s did.

4 minutes ago, Jerz said:

I don't think Quinn snuffed out the fake that was all Grady. If Grady didn't shed that block like a boss then Wilson had a clear lane to the endzone as the last 2 defenders looked to be heavily engaged and being pushed back.

One of seattle’s Bad OL just whiffed on Grady , or it was a clear sailing.