Seahawks returner Tyler Lockett racked up 197 yards on five returns

Seahawks returner Tyler Lockett racked up 197 yards on five returns, which means he averaged 39.4 yards per kick return. He came oh so close to setting a new record:

No NFL kickoff returner has gained 200 yards in a game years since the league incentivized touchbacks with last year's rule change. Tyler Lockett has 172 kickoff return yards in the first half tonight.

50 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Seahawks returner Tyler Lockett racked up 197 yards on five returns, which means he averaged 39.4 yards per kick return. He came oh so close to setting a new record:

No NFL kickoff returner has gained 200 yards in a game years since the league incentivized touchbacks with last year's rule change. Tyler Lockett has 172 kickoff return yards in the first half tonight.

This should be enough to FIRE Keith Armstrong 

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Our special teams has been baaaaaaaaaaad.  Andre Roberts.  Our kick coverage team.  Thank the lord for Grady or that fake FG may have worked.

Armstrong needs to have a come to jesus meeting with his guys.  Unacceptable.

before that could happen, someone needs to have a meeting with armstrong though.....just sayin

dont think I've ever seen a game in my life with such horrible special teams play.

I don't like to oversimplify anything about football, but kick coverage is about as straightforward as it gets. Just stay in your lane.

All of those guys on that unit and the coach should need diapers this morning for the new a**hole they should have been ripped. 

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

before that could happen, someone needs to have a meeting with armstrong though.....just sayin

Absolutely.  I can't even remember the last time we have above average special teams.  Armstrong does not get a pass.

Andre Roberts needs to fired into the sun while holding "toss sweep right" in one hand and "screen pass to Hooper" in the other.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm seeing a lot of hate towards Armstrong, but what about Bosher? Roberts? We knew that Lockett was dangerous. Remember, Hester did the same thing to us in the playoffs. The Seahawks are one of the best teams when it comes to ST. 

Bosher is playing injured. He was obviously limping last night. A healthy Bosher booms those kickoffs thru the endzone.

If Bosher is hurt, it'd be better to hit a high pooch kick to the 20 that would give our guys time to get down there and cover than try to kick it to the end zone and fail. That just gives them more time to build up speed.

I know Roberts has had some decent returns, like the opening kickoff. But I bet if you averaged the return yardage PER KICK or PUNT, for and against us for the whole season, we'd be something like -180. We're losing 20 yards every time the ball changes hands. It's putting our defense in terrible position and forcing our offense to work from deep in their own territory FAR too often.

From Neyland's 7 maxims:

6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made. 

11 hours ago, middlegatv said:

Bosher is playing injured. He was obviously limping last night. A healthy Bosher booms those kickoffs thru the endzone.

Umm...remember, he may be the only kicker in the league leading his team on ST tackles, (Thanks Keith!) Besides giving up record yardage, we're dead last in starting position, & correct on Grady comment! Anyone also notice on our FG's we're one click from having them blocked....mark my words, Saints game