Congrats on win from a saints fan

Saviorbrees

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on beating the Seahawks. Was a good game and came down to the wire. Yalls defense looked pretty good even though russel Wilson pulled a couple plays out his rear end but you don't get a qb like him every week. Was a good win for y'all. NFC south is a dog fight and best division in football as it is and has been most years. I'm excited for the rest of the season to see how all of this will turn out and hopefully my Saints keep the win streak alive can't give you or the panthers any room y'all on our heels!! And can't lie feels good to be in the thick of things after the season we've had the last 3 years or so. Good luck the rest of the way, but not really ;) lol and can't wait to play y'all later this year. Who dat! 

Edited by Saviorbrees

9 minutes ago, Saviorbrees said:

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on beating the Seahawks. Was a good game and came down to the wire. Yalls defense looked pretty good even though russel Wilson pulled a couple plays out his rear end but you don't get a qb like him every week. Was a good win for y'all. NFC south is a dog fight and best division in football as it is and has been most years. I'm excited for the rest of the season to see how all of this will turn out and hopefully my Saints keep the win streak alive can't give you or the panthers any room y'all on our heels!! And can't lie feels good to be in the thick of things after the season we've had the last 3 years or so. Good luck the rest of the way, but not really ;) lol and can't wait to play y'all later this year. Who dat! 

Classy post. Thanks! See yall soon.

Oh and please beat the Panthers. They're annoying me more than yall do now which is mind-boggling. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Classy post. Thanks! See yall soon.

Oh and please beat the Panthers. They're annoying me more than yall do now which is mind-boggling. 

We will do our best to beat the panthers as long as y'all promise to do the same. And I can't believe saints fans annoy falcons fans Haha. But in all seriousness I hope we didn't get hot too early because it looks like y'all might be heating up just in time which isn't good for us lol. 

10 minutes ago, Saviorbrees said:

We will do our best to beat the panthers as long as y'all promise to do the same. And I can't believe saints fans annoy falcons fans Haha. But in all seriousness I hope we didn't get hot too early because it looks like y'all might be heating up just in time which isn't good for us lol. 

I am awfully curious to see how you guys play against the rams.

The division is going to come down to the last 2weeks imo....right now the saints have an advantage however it would be silly (and I am not saying that you are) to count out the Falcons or the Panthers.

I actually hope all 3 of us get in the playoffs......the nfc south gets overlooked but normally if you want to make it to the Superbowl then you have to beat a team from the south to do it....but that rarely gets mentioned

Yep, NFC South is the best division in football right now, with 3 of us in the playoff race right now. Outside of that historically bad 2014 season for the division, no one has ever repeated it with back to back winning records, and we're the only division since the 2002 NFL format to have all 4 teams from our division go to at least one Super Bowl, and we may be the only division in NFL history with 2 regular season MVP QB's, 1 Super Bowl MVP QB, and 2 QB's who led college football teams to an undefeated national championship season and a Heisman win as well. 

13 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Yep, NFC South is the best division in football right now, with 3 of us in the playoff race right now. Outside of that historically bad 2014 season for the division, no one has ever repeated it with back to back winning records, and we're the only division since the 2002 NFL format to have all 4 teams from our division go to at least one Super Bowl, and we may be the only division in NFL history with 2 regular season MVP QB's, 1 Super Bowl MVP QB, and 2 QB's who led college football teams to an undefeated national championship season and a Heisman win as well. 

That's some good stuff right there. Our division Is the cream of the crop of not only the NFC but the entire NFL imho. Whether or not anyone from each team in our division wants to admit it but we have the best QB play in our division and it isn't even close compared to other divisions  

46 minutes ago, Saviorbrees said:

That's some good stuff right there. Our division Is the cream of the crop of not only the NFC but the entire NFL imho. Whether or not anyone from each team in our division wants to admit it but we have the best QB play in our division and it isn't even close compared to other divisions  

I really hate to say this - and I'm going to wash my mouth out when done - but 

we have the best QB play in our division and it isn't even close compared to other divisions  

True Dat!

46 minutes ago, Saviorbrees said:

Since 2002 and the realignment.....theI nfc south has had a team in the nfc championship 9 times...including 5 strait years from 02-06.

Yeah....as a division we deserve some props

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Since 2002 and the realignment.....theI nfc south has had a team in the nfc championship 9 times...including 5 strait years from 02-06.

Yeah....as a division we deserve some props

It's so odd. The division is always competitive but never seems to get the hype that the NFC East or AFC West gets. Even the pile of turds behind New England always seem to get more hype than the NFCS. Well except the Bucs who get over hyped every year. I still am not sure why.

Just now, Jesus said:

It's so odd. The division is always competitive but never seems to get the hype that the NFC East or AFC West gets. Even the pile of turds behind New England always seem to get more hype than the NFCS. Well except the Bucs who get over hyped every year. I still am not sure why.

I think it is a bias.

I mean lets face it historically you have 3 of the worst teams in the nfl in the Saints/Bucs and our Falcons

We all have had moments of being good but those are usually fleeting and the bad has outweighed the good from a historical perspective.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think it is a bias.

I mean lets face it historically you have 3 of the worst teams in the nfl in the Saints/Bucs and our Falcons

We all have had moments of being good but those are usually fleeting and the bad has outweighed the good from a historical perspective.

I can see that if the NFL was obsessed with the past, which it really isn't. It probably has more to with 4 small markets, and four less popular teams. 

Just now, Jesus said:

I can see that if the NFL was obsessed with the past, which it really isn't. It probably has more to with 4 small markets, and four less popular teams. 

There is that too....but the Atlanta market is huge.

The nfl talking heads use every opportunity they have to bring up bad past moments for us

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

There is that too....but the Atlanta market is huge.

The nfl talking heads use every opportunity they have to bring up bad past moments for us

That's the funny thing about the NFL and team market share. Atlanta despite the size of the city is a small NFL market because of the popularity of the Falcons. Green Bay is a tiny city but the Packers are one of the most popular football teams on earth. Either way the league does an amazing job marketing themselves.

3 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

Good post. You guys look really good this year on both sides of the ball. It would be so great if we could snatch your hearts out in both of the games we play. I would love to cause the Saints misery. But looking forward to some good games! The brotherhood!!!!!!

I think the talking sports heads have overrated the Saints D. I don't doubt it has improved since last year, which isn't saying much, but I think it has to do more with the offense. Saints have become a running team. They are no longer dependent on Drew Brees. They have 2 great RBs, and their blocking has been real good. They have been able to score points consistently while controlling the clock also. Teams aren't able to make mistakes with them, and since they are dominating the trenches offensively, it forces opposing offenses to play catch up which allows the Saints D to be more opportunistic since opposing offenses are constantly playing catch up and one dimensional as they game gets more and more lopsided. Being a great running team who can control the clock will be huge in the playoffs.

23 hours ago, Saviorbrees said:

And this is what i told my nephew who's a die hard saints fan. You all look like yall caught fire too early and could burn out.

22 hours ago, Jesus said:

That's the funny thing about the NFL and team market share. Atlanta despite the size of the city is a small NFL market because of the popularity of the Falcons. Green Bay is a tiny city but the Packers are one of the most popular football teams on earth. Either way the league does an amazing job marketing themselves.

Dude, outside the US, American Football is not on the radar. The rest of the world doesn't know much about American Football. It is the the real Football that captures their world.