Has Damontae Kazee replaced Brian Poole at the Nickle Position?

lostnmexico

Maybe it was match up based against the ever elusive Doug Baldwin but Kazee appeared to outsnap Poole.  I saw 27 all over the field early.  Most of the time when I saw 34, he was either missing a tackle or chasing the play.  I thought Kazee looked solid and Ishmael came in and got a sack on the same type of rush where we have used Poole earlier in the season.  I think we are expanding Kazee's role and reducing Pooles in much the same way as Takk has eaten into Brooks Reed's snaps and that can only be good for our D as we are faster with the younger guys on the field.

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Maybe it was match up based against the ever elusive Doug Baldwin but Kazee appeared to outsnap Poole.  I saw 27 all over the field early.  Most of the time when I saw 34, he was either missing a tackle or chasing the play.  I thought Kazee looked solid and Ishmael came in and got a sack on the same type of rush where we have used Poole earlier in the season.  I think we are expanding Kazee's role and reducing Pooles in much the same way as Takk has eaten into Brooks Reed's snaps and that can only be good for our D as we are faster with the younger guys on the field.

Dude got most if not all of his snaps at SS when 22 went out.

It will be interesting to see the snap counts tomorrow but I definitely saw 27 out there more than usual.  Tampa will present a different kind of challenge with their bigger targets like Brate, Evans, and Howard so I was also wondering if we were trying to get 27 reps in anticipation of matching up against Tampa.

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I saw him out there when the Falcons played dollar, but Poole was the guy when they were in nickel right up until he had to come off for that injury T.O.  

You got any screenshots?

I'm not nearly as observant as you, but my impression was that he was in when extra DBs were on the field, like in 3rd and long.

1 minute ago, PK Manley said:

I'm not nearly as observant as you, but my impression was that he was in when extra DBs were on the field, like in 3rd and long.

Yeah, that's what I thought I saw... of course I also could have been mixing him up with Goodwin.  I could have sworn I saw #29 a few times. :lol:

We'll see when the snap counts come in, but they went to that dollar look quite a bit tonight which is  6 DB package.

"Takk has eaten into Brooks Reed's snaps and that can only be good for our D as we are faster with the younger guys on the field."

Takk may be younger than Reed, but his 10 yard split was 1.60 and Reed's was 1.54.  It may be a case of trying to justify drafting the guy and giving him more snaps.  Would you rather have a guy on the field with more production, or have a guy on the field just trying to prove you were right in your draft pick?

16 minutes ago, Hometownfan said:

"Takk has eaten into Brooks Reed's snaps and that can only be good for our D as we are faster with the younger guys on the field."

Takk may be younger than Reed, but his 10 yard split was 1.60 and Reed's was 1.54.  It may be a case of trying to justify drafting the guy and giving him more snaps.  Would you rather have a guy on the field with more production, or have a guy on the field just trying to prove you were right in your draft pick?

Where did you get the numbers on your 10 yard Split?  Are those numbers from training camp or their respective numbers from the combine when they came out?

Edited by lostnmexico

10 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah, that's what I thought I saw... of course I also could have been mixing him up with Goodwin.  I could have sworn I saw #29 a few times. :lol:

We'll see when the snap counts come in, but they went to that dollar look quite a bit tonight which is  6 DB package.

No you were not tripping......you saw 29 out there.

It was a trip

I answered this last night in your other thread that you apparently forgot you started.  So I will say it again:

Kazee was only in for #22 when he was injured, and was playing SS.  You just recently started a thread with stats to defend tru, and you should do the same for Poole.  He is doing better than you think and your witch hunt needs to stop.

20 hours ago, Hometownfan said:

It should be noted that Brooks Reed came out as a linebacker, not a DE.  

On 11/21/2017 at 2:04 AM, lostnmexico said:

It will be interesting to see the snap counts tomorrow but I definitely saw 27 out there more than usual.  Tampa will present a different kind of challenge with their bigger targets like Brate, Evans, and Howard so I was also wondering if we were trying to get 27 reps in anticipation of matching up against Tampa.

so you didn't realize we had two different guys go out of the game at different times, and Kazee was the substitute?