In Seattle

We arrived in Seattle from ATL yesterday. We'll be representing Red and Black with my son in Section 105 front row. Any Falcons tailgating in the NW. Where to go? Things to do? I'll be here till Thanksgiving to check out Mt. Rainier.

BTW, we were lucky enough to sit next to Ms Jarrett. Yup, Grady's mother. Nice lady, talked about football with my 11 y/o all the way to Seattle.

https://flic.kr/p/DzXBXW

There are very few places to do a real tailgate in Seattle.  If you are looking for bars and restaurants with good atmosphere, head over to Pioneer Square.  Only a few blocks from the stadium and lots of choices.  

As a word of warning, the Hawks fans are some of the rudest and most disrespectful fans in the country. The Seattle PD has undercover officers at the Games because the violence against away fans is almost as bad as in San Francisco and Oakland. I lived in Seattle for almost five years. Came back from the Atlanta vs Seattle playoff game in 2012 and found all four of my tires on my truck slashed.

5 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

As a word of warning, the Hawks fans are some of the rudest and most disrespectful fans in the country. The Seattle PD has undercover officers at the Games because the violence against away fans is almost as bad as in San Francisco and Oakland. I lived in Seattle for almost five years. Came back from the Atlanta vs Seattle playoff game in 2012 and found all four of my tires on my truck slashed.

That’s just sad.

8 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

There are very few places to do a real tailgate in Seattle.  If you are looking for bars and restaurants with good atmosphere, head over to Pioneer Square.  Only a few blocks from the stadium and lots of choices.  

Thanks for the heads up. We're planning to ride the train from our hotel to Clink, I hope we don't have issues with traveling and their stupid *** fans.

1 hour ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

We arrived in Seattle from ATL yesterday. We'll be representing Red and Black with my son in Section 105 front row. Any Falcons tailgating in the NW. Where to go? Things to do? I'll be here till Thanksgiving to check out Mt. Rainier.

BTW, we were lucky enough to sit next to Ms Jarrett. Yup, Grady's mother. Nice lady, talked about football with my 11 y/o all the way to Seattle.

56 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

She's a great mom and great with the fans. Met her during Grady's first pre-season and told her I expect big things from her son. She also chatted up my young son too. Good people. 

His family (and Mom) sat in the row in front of us at the Super Bowl.   Extremely wonderful family.   Terron Ward's family was in front of us too - to the right one seat and one row.   I loved them - they were a terrific and friendly family - both families!.

3 minutes ago, Tandy said:

His family (and Mom) sat in the row in front of us at the Super Bowl.   Extremely wonderful family.   Terron Ward's family was in front of us too - to the right one seat and one row.   I loved them - they were a terrific and friendly family - both families!.

yeah, it's just refreshing to know they have normal family like us.

55 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Seattle is a beautiful city. Probably my favorite in the USA. I hope the weather turns out nice for your trip to Rainer. 

yeah, sadly November not really the best time to visit the area. forecast is steady rainy days for the entire week, plus the sun sets at about 4:30. Should be dry during the game.

1 hour ago, coastiemike said:

Ive had the complete opposite experience. Ive gone to the last two games in Seattle and the fans have been extremley respectful and classy. I did see a fight last game but it was started by a hammered Falcons fan. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

6 minutes ago, Romfal said:

yeah, sadly November not really the best time to visit the area. forecast is steady rainy days for the entire week, plus the sun sets at about 4:30. Should be dry during the game.

The weather turned for the worse when I was there last season. Horizontal rain and high winds put paid to a proper visit of Mt Rainier and Olympic.

Still, a nice city to walk around in.

51 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Ive had the complete opposite experience. Ive gone to the last two games in Seattle and the fans have been extremley respectful and classy. I did see a fight last game but it was started by a hammered Falcons fan. 

I live in Idaho, and there are a lot of Seattle fans here.  Definitely one of the most cocky, arrogant, annoying fan bases.  I take that back.  Absolutely the most cocky!  They are just like their players, Sherman, Bennett, etc.  Can't stand them.  #Chumps

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
Spelling

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Hey, maybe that was me!  Kidding... I was drunk, but I didn't get in any fights.

Hawks fans this year seem to be throwing in the towel after the news about Kam's injury, so I doubt we'll find people to be quite as overly hostile this year.  This is the first time in a while that I can remember the mood in Seattle being as mellow as it is.  The typical, over-the-top arrogance and confidence for the Seahawks and how miserably the Falcons are going to get crushed just isn't here.  For Seahawks fans to not be confident about their team says quite a bit...

Unfortunately, I can't exactly fire back at them this year, and all I've done is laugh about the sorry state of both teams.  We don't have any real excuses to lose this one other than continuing to step on our own toes, though, so... hoping we win!

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I'm looking at the forecast right now.  Looks like a few early afternoon showers then it's going to be dry the rest of the day into late night.

I'm looking out my window right now... no rain at the moment.  We had heavy rain this morning, and it's supposed to keep raining on and off until game time or about 30 minutes in.  Miraculously, it's supposed to be a pretty dry game.

4 hours ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

Ice this wonderful story with a victory tonight.  

12 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

I'm looking out my window right now... no rain at the moment.  We had heavy rain this morning, and it's supposed to keep raining on and off until game time or about 30 minutes in.  Miraculously, it's supposed to be a pretty dry game.

I hope so.  I don’t know if I can handle another game of botched snaps.