Jump to content

Playoff Machine... Its that time


SkerFalcon8710
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is our most Ideal situation.. Run the table.. take the division from the saints and lock up the #2 seed and panthers go 2-4 down the stretch losing to Vikings, GB (rodgers set to return), Us and the saints for a second time..

Whats most likely is that we split with the saints go 5-1 and end up with the 5th seed playing a game in LA.. If rodgers comes back the final 3 weeks we will likely lay waste to Car, Det, and possibly Min which would help our fortunes getting into the playoffs..

Worst case scenario is we go 10-6 or worse and flat out miss the playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

AFC EAST CUR  PROJ
New England 8-2 14-2
Buffalo 5-5 8-8
NY Jets 4-6 4-12
Miami 4-6 4-12
AFC WEST CUR  PROJ
Kansas City 6-4 11-5
Los Angeles 4-6 9-7
Denver 3-7 7-9
Oakland 4-6 5-11
AFC NORTH  CUR  PROJ
Pittsburgh 8-2 13-3
Baltimore 5-5 9-7
Cincinnati 4-6 6-10
Cleveland 0-10 1-15
AFC SOUTH  CUR  PROJ
Tennessee 6-4 11-5
Jacksonville 7-3 11-5
Houston 4-6 5-11
Indianapolis 3-7 3-13
NFC
NFC EAST CUR  PROJ
Philadelphia 9-1 15-1
Washington 4-6 10-6
Dallas 5-5 7-9
NY Giants 2-8 2-14
NFC WEST CUR  PROJ
Los Angeles 7-3 11-5
Seattle 6-3 10-6
Arizona 4-6 5-11
San Francisco 1-9 3-13
NFC NORTH  CUR  PROJ
Detroit 6-4 12-4
Minnesota 8-2 12-4
Green Bay 5-5 7-9
Chicago 3-7 3-13
NFC SOUTH  CUR   PROJ
Atlanta 5-4 12-4
New Orleans 8-2 12-4
Carolina 7-3 9-7
Tampa Bay 4-6 5-11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Win tonight and then we'll talk but we're more than capable of running the table. Win both vs Saints; we matchup well vs them IMO, the Car revenge game here, sweep TB and you just have Seattle tonight/Minnesota.

Those aren't elite teams. Falcons can take them all. Just keep this offense on the right track and let's peak at the right time for another run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10-6 is all that's needed AS LONG as we beat the Saints once. Honestly tonight's game isn't as important as people are making it. We can lose @ Seattle and @ New Orleans and still get to 10-6 and win just about every tie breaker either due to H2H or due to Conference record. 11-5 would for sure clinch it. win out and go 12-4 and we take the South and maybe even a bye week.

Again, the biggest thing is we can't get swept by the Saints. And we need the Saints to beat the Panthers when they play in a few weeks. That way we would hold the divisional tie breaker over Carolina for a wildcard spot. Last thing we want is to go 10-6 with a bunch of other teams and we get eliminated immediately by Carolina due to common games (Carolina beats us due to those losses to Miami, Buffalo and them beating New England smh)

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arrogantBEAST said:

We are cabable. It starts tonight. Play good ball. Minimize penalties. Get off the field on third down. Feed Julio like Steelers fed AB Thursday. 

Get the ball to the open man....play calling will be critical ...need screen passes / P.A & bootlegs. 

Ward & Coleman have to get running game going.

Time of possession for offense also a paramount focus.

MUST WIN game for Falcons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

10-6 is all that's needed AS LONG as we beat the Saints once. Honestly tonight's game isn't as important as people are making it. We can lose @ Seattle and @ New Orleans and still get to 10-6 and win just about every tie breaker either due to H2H or due to Conference record. 11-5 would for sure clinch it. win out and go 12-4 and we take the South and maybe even a bye week.

Again, the biggest thing is we can't get swept by the Saints. And we need the Saints to beat the Panthers when they play in a few weeks. That way we would hold the divisional tie breaker over Carolina for a wildcard spot. Last thing we want is to go 10-6 with a bunch of other teams and we get eliminated immediately by Carolina due to common games (Carolina beats us due to those losses to Miami, Buffalo and them beating New England smh)

If you know about Murphys law than you wouldn't say what you said above that losing to Seattle wont be an issue.

There's no guarantees that we will beat Vikings , Saints 2x so whats left is a banged up Seattle team whos ahead of us in playoff hunt playing us on prime time night.

Hows it not a must win game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, slimjim said:

Win tonight and then we'll talk but we're more than capable of running the table. Win both vs Saints; we matchup well vs them IMO, the Car revenge game here, sweep TB and you just have Seattle tonight/Minnesota.

Those aren't elite teams. Falcons can take them all. Just keep this offense on the right track and let's peak at the right time for another run.

Can't forget the defense in this..they have to be able to stop the run consistently and tackle..DQ seems to think they have turned the corner..we will see because we definitely are going to need them to play tight going down the stretch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so what if we lost twice to saints, lost to Vikings, beat all other teams including panthers?  I think this is most likely scenario unless our offensive coordinator suddenly starts doing EVERYTHING like shanahan did with the SAME **** playbook

also what is the impact of freeman being out?  is coleman good enough as a primary running back?  when do you think freeman will be back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Win out and let Goodell sort em out, for the Falcons playoffs start tonight. It isn't just about getting in

Because yea I want them in the playoffs, BUT only if they can make some noise once they get there. They got a lot of work to do and get a whole lot sharper across the board.Game day coaches got to be better, OL has to play better, **** across the the whole team, we know they can execute way better than they have so far. Honestly it's all up to #2, he gets hot like he has done before they can make a run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

If you know about Murphys law than you wouldn't say what you said above that losing to Seattle wont be an issue.

There's no guarantees that we will beat Vikings , Saints 2x so whats left is a banged up Seattle team whos ahead of us in playoff hunt playing us on prime time night.

Hows it not a must win game?

We can win this game but if we lose twice to New Orleans it likely won't matter due to tiebreakers. That was my point.

Yea this game matters and we SHOULD win but its a road primetime game against a team that wins at a very high rate in those scenarios (13-1) under Carrol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Whats most likely is that we split with the saints go 5-1 and end up with the 5th seed playing a game in LA.. If rodgers comes back the final 3 weeks we will likely lay waste to Car, Det, and possibly Min which would help our fortunes getting into the playoffs..

Worst case scenario is we go 10-6 or worse and flat out miss the playoffs.

 

Most likely based on what? What criteria are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Man it's like you guys have not even watched us this year, 12-4? WTF kind of crack are you smoking? 

I do not believe their is much chance we finish above 9-7 given the way we are playing and our current remaining schedule. 7-9 is my likely guess.

We could ask you the same thing, MAD.  Even when the team is playing great you see nothing but doom and gloom.

Football season is short and only comes around once a year.  Let folks have their optimism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there are more then 2 teams tied with the same record doesn’t H2H go out the window? Even if one team has beaten all of the others? Doesn’t it go to the next tie breaker?

So if there is a jumble of teams at 10-6 it wouldn’t matter if the Falcons have beaten them all? 

Edited by ga12r1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ga12r1 said:

If there are more then 2 teams tied with the same record doesn’t H2H go out the window? Even if one team has beaten all of the others? Doesn’t it go to the next tie breaker?

So if there is a jumble of teams at 10-6 it wouldn’t matter if the Falcons have beat them all? 

Head to head trumps everything in a tiebreaker scenario. If we end up tied with Dallas and Detroit somehow, we will win the tiebreaker despite anything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

We could ask you the same thing, MAD.  Even when the team is playing great you see nothing but doom and gloom.

Football season is short and only comes around once a year.  Let folks have their optimism.

Look my predications are alot more realistic than freaking 12-4, come on have you watched the team this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

Head to head trumps everything in a tiebreaker scenario. If we end up tied with Dallas and Detroit somehow, we will win the tiebreaker despite anything else. 

Thanks. It makes perfect sense but I wasn’t sure. NFL can be scewy sometimes...

Edited by ga12r1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...