6th Seed on the line Monday night... Must win

atlantaprodj

A win tomorrow puts Atlanta in the 6th seed playoff picture thru week 11th.  We'll have the head to head tie breaker with all of the 6-4 teams.

IMO however every game remaining is a must win!  Can't afford any mishaps... 10-6 won't get it this season and I don't think 11-5 will... too close.

One week at a time.

It's looking bleak right now unless we win tomorrow. The loss at Carolina is likely to come back and bite us in the azz. I'm just sick watching the fugging Aints roll like this. If the worst outcome happens and the Aints and the Patriots get to the SB, I'll be rooting for a Biblical flood to sweep them both away.

4 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Crazy to think three teams from the same division could be in the playoffs. Not sure if that has ever happened before, but if we make it, I like our chances! 

Several times but it is rare. Pitt, Balt and Cincy made it a handful of years ago. I like us vs anybody. Saints defense is young. Kinda playing like ours did last year. Panthers can be beat. Missed opportunities or we prob win that by 10 points. 

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

11-5 definitely will, and 10-6 really should as well if we were to beat Seattle. With that said, I wouldn't like our chances on going to the SB as a 6th seed or a WC at all. 

I don't see how 11-5 wouldn't looking at these situations.  That means we would only lose one more game.  As long as it's not vs the Panthers, everything else is butter.

12 hours ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Crazy to think three teams from the same division could be in the playoffs. Not sure if that has ever happened before, but if we make it, I like our chances! 

2014 3 AFC West teams got in(Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos) Happened again in 2015 with AFC North(Bengals, Steelers, Ravens)

16 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Beating Seattle may make 10-6 good enough.

Like you noted, Falcons would have h2h tiebreaker over DAL, DET, SEA, and GB - pretty much every other NFC wild card contender. 

Of course, a win on MNF and 11-5 will guarantee a playoff spot - no way any of the teams listed above will win out. 

Exactly, lot of teams on top have to play each other......too much football left.

Realistically, 

10-6 (plus outside help we make it)

11-5 (we are locked in playoff wild card)

With the defense of Seattle being in shambles at the moment, this should be a win for Atlanta. 

However, with Seattle's defense being in shambles and what should be a dominate performance by the Falcons offense, the Falcons will find a way to sputter on offense and lose this very important game.

I cannot say this enough.

If we finish 10-6 along with Carolina there is a good chance we are IMMEDIATLY removed in tiebreakers no matter how many other teams are tied at 10-6. Common games tiebreaker can be a back breaker in our situation thanks to those Bills and Dolphins losses.

Either we need to go at least 4-2 in the division and hope the Panthers lose to Saints so they finish 3-3...Or we need to hope that us and Carolina don't finish with the same record.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe